Which House Should We Go With?

27 replies to this topic

#1 KnightmareX13

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

Greetings Innersphere! The BAGr Merc Corp is exploring the possibility of switching from working under Steiner command to another Innersphere house. In the spirit of being a merc corp we would like to encourage houses to vote in a bid to hire us. Please cast your vote if your house is interested in having us http://strawpoll.me/3242626

EDIT: 12/26/14
Do to political issues within the BAGrs we will be going Davion. We thank all those who participate in the poll and wish you all a Happy New Year!

EDIT: 1/4/15
Went back to Steiner 28 day contract

Edited by KnightmareX13, 04 January 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

Steiner has had a tough run up. Go another round with them; you've got a lot of fields to choose from.

I'm sure Davion would welcome you - we treat our mercs very well, are very inclusive and train up some of the best soldiers in the Inner Sphere. We're already winning though and while, again, you stand shoulder to shoulder with the Federated Suns and you're in good company, you might find more 'value for your dollar' with someone who truly needs the support. At Steiner you're in a position to tip battles and directly drive wins on whole fronts. That's harder to do elsewhere.

Marik and Liao are in for a bad time. If you're already in Steiner you know what's going to happen to you if you crew up opposite side of the gate from the other top-notch units that Steiner fields. Liao has one front; Davion. No sane merc is going to take money to get fed into that machine.

Kurita is also in a bad spot. They also have a history of ill treatment of mercs, though you would have both IS and Clanner borders to form up on. However they are consistently *losing* on all those fronts.

FRR has their feet under them at last. Not a bad call. You'd also be in a position to help tip some real wins for them, get your name on some Clanner worlds.

In the end though Steiner can let you do that too and you're in a bigger, better supported and more consistent outfit. Steiner had a rough start but they're full on dropping the hammer now. Why would you want to leave just when they're doing well?

#3 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

Steiner also has a pretty strong history of having top notch merc units.

Kell Hounds and the Grey Death Legion being 2 of the more famous. Not that it matters in this game, but.... there is always hope they might add unit patches or the like with some of the famous units.

#4 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:35 AM

Technically The Gray Death Legion is under contract of the Lyran Commonwealth by our beloved Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion. But also technically speaking this is the Federated Commonwealth so yeah you are Right in that matter. ;)

#5 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostTHE ERASER, on 23 December 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Technically The Gray Death Legion is under contract of the Lyran Commonwealth by our beloved Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion. But also technically speaking this is the Federated Commonwealth so yeah you are Right in that matter. ;)

I'm not really counting by who the contract is but more of what faction they are thought of. I mean Hanse Davion has hired the Kell Hounds several times even before the FedCom became a thing, but the Kell Hounds are still a Steiner Merc Unit. :)

#6 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:33 AM

Honestly Knightmare, this should and will be an internal decision made by the BAGrs as a whole. It is not up for vote by the rest of the community.

#7 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:42 AM

We could use some help,,, We are getting Ghost Capped .. We just need more people...

So you should have plenty of Matches... against people instead of empty bases..

#8 Steele Rein

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMotor City, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

No one pays better than House Marik, the arsenal of freedom.

There's plenty to do on our frontiers, as we're pressed on two sides by FedCom Rats. Plenty of fighting to be had with constant battles on our borders. No waiting for dropships here, only to end up stomping turrets!

#9 KnightmareX13

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostFarix, on 23 December 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Honestly Knightmare, this should and will be an internal decision made by the BAGrs as a whole. It is not up for vote by the rest of the community.

The Overlord didn't mind

EDIT: 12/26/14
Do to political issues within the BAGrs we will be going Davion. We thank all those who participate in the poll and wish you all a Happy New Year!

Edited by KnightmareX13, 26 December 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#10 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yes. Five borders, only one cease fire. Two of said borders are Clan, and we're the primary target of three of said factions. Three of those factions have far more players than us, and we're often left either getting ghost capped, or leaving our clan defenses up to the FedCom, which I can imagine might not take the matches too seriously. There have been some unconfirmed accounts of FedCom players spoilsporting the Kurita defense by AFK'ing en masse.

So yes, A little help will go a long way.

Edited by ice trey, 27 December 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#11 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

The small border kingdom of Butte Hold is offering its last straw to hire you. Please turn pirate.

Signed,
Fat Jack Murpy
(the less successful cousin of Red Jack Ryan)

#12 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Salute BAGr,

I want to echo House Kurita, there will be no idle fire drops if you are under our employ

It would be an honor to drop alongside you

Bow
Muskrat

Edited by muskrat, 28 December 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#13 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

For the Dragon!!!

#14 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

I think a decision such as this is merely a matter of priorities:

Do unit members care for the background of a faction, and if yes, in what way do their preferences align?
Also, how much do unit members care for victories on the map vs an actual challenge? I can understand a certain reluctance to join a faction that is already in the process of losing, even though this only worsens the situation. If there is no background-related attachment to a faction, it is likely that many players do not feel a compulsion to "jump on a sinking ship", so to say.

Either way, it seems this unit has now found their new employer. Needless to say, I cannot wish you good luck, as that would be counter-productive - but I can wish you to have fun. ;)

#15 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

Crazy Ramano's House of Contracts is voting the only way that matters...

WITH OUR WALLET!

Shoot Davion. GET PAID!

http://mwomercs.com/...e-of-contracts/

#16 Bonkfire

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Go FRR help them push back the clans, or GO Davion we won't turn you down.

#17 Paramemetic

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Truthfully, Liao. Someone said nobody would take money to get fed into that machine, but let me tell you, Dav pilots are truly terrible. If you're ready to get paid every single match, come down to the Liao front. The only good Davion squads I've encountered have been MS, who left, and ACES, who will probably leave. All their other groups, HHoD, PL, and so on, are like catchall groups for Mary Sue roleplayers, and are completely horrible.

Davion will likely continue to flip pixels to yellow until PGI revisits the attack/defense counter dynamic, but that's okay, because every drop I did tonight paid about 700k after factoring the cw bonus. So in four drops, I made 2.8 million space bucks.

If you want pixel planets with your house color, go Davion. If, however, you want to be mad because you're out of module space on your hangar full of costly assaults after a few days of playing, and a surplus of cbills ready to buy cash clan mechs when they come available, join up on Liao and get paid.

Furthermore, you'll get to play alongside WoL, the best group of canon bird men in the game.

I don't know your group really or if you're good or bad or pro or pub or what, this is just my sincere, heart felt advice on who to join.

#18 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

If you want money and variety, you can't beat Kurita. We have very active IS and clan fronts, as well as 25% bonus to our contracts at the moment.

#19 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Actually, you CAN beat Kurita.

FRR has a 100% bonus to contracts.

#20 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

You may have caught up in payouts on paper, but our accountants have you beat on style...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users