No Reason For C-Bills Anymore

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Is there a reason for C-Bills? (252 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the OP got it?

1. Yes (35 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. No (199 votes [78.97%])

Percentage of vote: 78.97%

3. Abstain (18 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Based on another topic.
http://mwomercs.com/...80#entry2063380

There was the question are C-Bills necessary.
We have no maintanance cost, whe have no rearm cost. So the only thing C-Bills does is to slow you down. 10 Battles to buy the next PPC...or even 100 for the next mech. It doesn't do any good, actually.

You have to fight X-battles...or you have to grind in X-battles... when you got used to start with leaching or suicide farming there is a high chance that you will never start to learn top play the game right.

As long there is no rearm and repair to consider - there is no real reason for c-bills. Right?

#2 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

The votes seem pretty one-sided so far... Just sayin'.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 15 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Did not expect anything else

#4 Neolisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationMississauga, ON

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 15 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

That's cause people who vote are already established players. They don't care about starters.

#5 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

You will definitely need c-bills for the upcoming consumables feature.

#6 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

CBills are there to pace content unlock, it is a F2P after all, also consumables.

#7 Kogru

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

The cadet system basically throws cbills at new players so they can buy 2 or 3 mechs after about 20 or so games. From then on earning cbills is just another form of progression as pilot XP, which i like. It really doesn't take long to earn enough to buy a new mech, but it is something you need to think about which i like.

Also yeah, consumables.

#8 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostNeolisk, on 15 March 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

That's cause people who vote are already established players. They don't care about starters.

Untrue. I'm pretty established, and have posted all sorts of stuff in favor of acclimating newer players, as do many many others. Eliminating C-bills in favor of a "Grind x many games" for a new mech or piece of equipment actually encourages suicide farming, since the C-bill reward for a match is proportionally performance based. A flat rate grind is the ideal environment for botting, afk-ing, and garbage farming that dilutes and hurts the game for those who are actually playing.

I'm all for helping out newer players to get their feet and play the game. I'm not keeping the new guy under the thumb of the vets by saying no to this idea. Its just not a good idea in my opinion, well-intended though it may be.

#9 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I for one definitely need C-Bills; this is how I buy my units and weapons; so far I haven't fallen into the MC trap.

#10 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I love the c bill concept. it absolutely makes sence and because of the boost in the first 25 games you can get whatever you want no matter if its and atlas or 2 medium mechs.When you buy premium for 6 !(very cheap) Euro for one month you get c bill very very fast and as already said you need it for consumables!
I earn about 3-6 mio per day depends on how games was running i can buy a new mech every day and i definetly dont need 100 games for another mech.

about 80.000-120.000 for loose and 150.000-250.000 for a win...calculate yourself! 4-8 good games = 1 mio with premium = 30-60 min = what you say is ********

Kurita out

#11 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostOppresor, on 15 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I for one definitely need C-Bills; this is how I buy my units and weapons; so far I haven't fallen into the MC trap.

it is no trap its up to you if you buy or not but you should definetly go for premium bro. 6 euro per month and you get an insane c bill boost. that definetly pay off.But i personally hope too that they reduce the rediculous prices soon(mechs and colours)

Edited by KuritaGuard, 15 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#12 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 15 March 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Did not expect anything else

you have my yes vote.

not because i want cbills gone, but right now they serve no purpose other than seperating out new players.

bring back repair and rearm. put more pilots back into trial mechs or at least into cheaper builds. bring the game back to a point where i am proud to pilot my SRM catapults because they demand a skilled pilot to tame them, instead of being ashamed because it is the blunt instrument of choice for the mouth breathers that want to leg hump their way to victory.

#13 Neolisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostDonas, on 15 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Untrue. I'm pretty established, and have posted all sorts of stuff in favor of acclimating newer players [...] "Grind x many games" for a new mech or piece of equipment actually encourages suicide farming [...] A flat rate grind is the ideal environment for botting [...]

Flat rate grinding is a bad idea. Eliminating C-Bills for now is not. Let people experiment with the game and get excited. This is what will get this game going in the long run anyway.

#14 Red3

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I voted no, I agree that C-bills are a waste, but not for the reasons you state.

We are supposed to be beta testing,why should I have to earn the stuff that they want tested?

#15 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostNeolisk, on 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

[/size]
Eliminating C-Bills for now is not.

I'd even be cool with this, except that once its removed, making people invest time and effort again when its reinstalled would cause epic CAPSLOCKRAGES all over the forums. Leaving C-bills in and tuning the level of rewards, as well as the amount of time it takes to grind stuff out, is part of what we're here to do. We're testing more than builds. We're also testing whther it takes too long to get our hands on them when you compare buying them with MC to grinding them with C-bills.

That being said, I also understand that we ARE here testing builds and chasis variants. I would also support the idea of making the Trial mechs be customizable at a greatly reduced cost (say 1:5 ) but once the mech is out of the rotation, you lose it.

Or, having a mech customization event, where everyone that participates gets unlimited funds for the course of a week that they must apply to new mechs in "event specific' garage slots that expire, along with the 'event c-bills', and the mechs contained in them. That would give everyone a chance to play and experiment.

There's all sorts of creative ways to address it. Eliminating a major game mechanic of the F2P grind? Not a good one.

#16 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

One can hope that R&R makes a comeback for community warfare and other reasons to use C-Bills like building up defenses on certain planets, upgrading them etc.

I'm a believer that not all advanced tech should be available for use in CW, but needs your House or affiliation to dump in credits while holding factories to enable their purchase.

Leave generic matchmaking drops with everything available and open for use and give CW a reason to play.

#17 MasterErrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I think it's unbalanced and rewards need to be given for playing your mech's role rather than mostly for kills.

#18 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

C-Bills need to stay. There must be a grind/advancement factor...otherwise, the game is pointless.

Seriously, the whole POINT of playing a game — aside from having fun — is to be challenged and to gain satisfaction of overcoming that challenge.

Therein lies the true problem with MWO currently; there's not enough "power" advancement to keep players coming back with the hope of becoming a little bit more powerful each time they do.

That is, there needs to be more items/skills/etc. that simply cannot be purchased with MC...but instead with large amounts of c-bills and xp so that grinding for them is rewarding.

#19 Neolisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostDonas, on 15 March 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

I would also support the idea of making the Trial mechs be customizable at a greatly reduced cost (say 1:5 ) but once the mech is out of the rotation, you lose it.

Or, having a mech customization event, where everyone that participates gets unlimited funds for the course of a week that they must apply to new mechs in "event specific' garage slots that expire

This would also work. Any way that does not require starters to spend dozens of hours in game, before they can get started, so to speak.

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

Removing C-bills would cripple the entire MC economy. It wouldn't even be considered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users