143 replies to this topic

#121 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Sadly, it's been a feature of patches for a long time to gradually make my game look worse and worse. *sighs* I miss the old days, when I could remove the film grain, stop the damned motion blur, didn't have to peer through cracked glass covered by weird backwards glare even in the shadows...

It's so hard to stop the game from being a drab, soupy, blurry mess these days.

#122 TheUncle

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

sooo does SweetFX still work? How do i get it to work then?

#123 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

Old 1.3 version is still works for me.

It give out errors on game launch but after that works as intended.

I just need to close about 10 error messages.

#124 Mr Fistr Kerensky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

The SweetFX folder with all the presets and such needs to be in the Bin32 folder correct? Does loading a preset if we use something else via the SweetFX Configurator edit or modify the settings.txt file in the main folder? I am not able to launch the game via the Configurator app, I get an error about Unexpected working dir. Fixed that last issue. It was not very clear on how to set up the game in the Configurator. The game settings should be Working Directory pointing to the Bin32 folder, the SweetFX Installation directory should also point to the Bin32 folder. Split SweetFX Install is checked for Enabled and that install folder should also point to the Bin32 folder. I did not see that anywhere so in the event someone is using the configurator program and missed it like I did then that will solve crashing issues.

Edited by Mr Fistr Kerensky, 24 December 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#125 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Updated for latest versions + x64 compatible.

http://www.rgreat.ru...O/PrettyMWO.zip

If you have errors - uninstall GeForce Experience.

DX9 compatible.

Edited by rgreat, 10 March 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#126 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

So, if one tries out this so called SweetFX, is it easy to remove it as well if one decides one doesn't want it for some reason or other?

#127 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostGamuray, on 05 March 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

So, if one tries out this so called SweetFX, is it easy to remove it as well if one decides one doesn't want it for some reason or other?

Very easy. Just delete all of the files that you moved from the zip to the MWO folder.

#128 Furry Fox

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postrgreat, on 05 March 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Updated for latest versions + x64 compatible.

http://www.rgreat.ru...O/PrettyMWO.zip

If you have errors - uninstall GeForce Experience.

Hello! Thank you very much for sharing SweetFX with the MWO community. ^_^ I used to use it before the 64-bit client was released, but not since then. I was very excited to hear that a new version has been released that supports the improved client, but, unfortunately, I cannot get it to work.

As instructed, I extracted the contents of the .zip file to my "MechWarrior Online" folder. However, nothing happens when I click "PLAY!" on the patcher. The patcher closes as per the normal behavior, but the game client doesn't start up. Everything seems to work fine if I tell the patcher to use the 32-bit client, though. So, what am I doing wrong? :( Just in case you are wondering, I don't have GeForce experience installed.

Thank you very much in advance for your help! I cannot wait to start using SweetFX again. :D

#129 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

Check log.log file in game "bin64" folder.

It usually have problem description.

#130 Furry Fox

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

View Postrgreat, on 09 March 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Check log.log file in game "bin64" folder.

It usually have problem description.

Hello! Thank you very much for the reply.
When I try to run the game in 64-bit mode, a log.log file is generated in the Bin64 folder... but it's completely empty (0 bytes in size, and no text inside). I have tried deleting it and attempting to start the game again with SweetFX installed, but that just generates another blank log.log file. :(

#131 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Do you use dx9?

#132 Furry Fox

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

View Postrgreat, on 10 March 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Do you use dx9?

Yup! I'm running the game in DirectX 9. Also, if it helps, my operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and my videocard is an EVGA GTX 280. But, like I said, SweetFX is working fine if I run the game in 32-bit mode.... I can't figure out it won't let me start the 64-bit client. :(

Edited by Furry Fox, 10 March 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#133 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostFurry Fox, on 09 March 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hello! Thank you very much for sharing SweetFX with the MWO community. ^_^ I used to use it before the 64-bit client was released, but not since then. I was very excited to hear that a new version has been released that supports the improved client, but, unfortunately, I cannot get it to work.

As instructed, I extracted the contents of the .zip file to my "MechWarrior Online" folder. However, nothing happens when I click "PLAY!" on the patcher. The patcher closes as per the normal behavior, but the game client doesn't start up. Everything seems to work fine if I tell the patcher to use the 32-bit client, though. So, what am I doing wrong? :( Just in case you are wondering, I don't have GeForce experience installed.

Thank you very much in advance for your help! I cannot wait to start using SweetFX again. :D

Same issue here

Getting this in my log.log file:

[19:59:16] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
[19:59:20] Created DeferredContext successfully !
[19:59:20] Unable to load 'FXAA_DX11.fx': ..\..\SweetFX_preset.txt(1,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: '..\..\..\SweetFX_settings.txt'

settings.txt file was blank so used one from the zip and still no-go.

Edit:

I figured it out.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 10 March 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#134 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostFurry Fox, on 09 March 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hello! Thank you very much for the reply.
When I try to run the game in 64-bit mode, a log.log file is generated in the Bin64 folder... but it's completely empty (0 bytes in size, and no text inside). I have tried deleting it and attempting to start the game again with SweetFX installed, but that just generates another blank log.log file. :(

Furry,

Right click the sweetfx_settings.txt file in the MWO Bin64 that you copied over, click properties, and you want to copy this line:
Posted Image

Then, in the same MWO Bin64 folder there should be another file you copied over called sweefx_preset.txt

Open it and it'll say something like: #include "...\...\...\sweetfx_settings.txt"
You need to replace the ...\...\...\ with the location of the sweetfx_settings.txt file that you just copied.

So it would look something like this:
#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\Bin64\SweetFX_settings.txt"

Note: The " " are still there. And you must have a \ between Bin64 and SweetFX_settings.txt
Save the preset text file and reload MWO.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 10 March 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#135 Furry Fox

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 10 March 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

Furry,

Right click the sweetfx_settings.txt file in the MWO Bin64 that you copied over, click properties, and you want to copy this line:
Posted Image

Then, in the same MWO Bin64 folder there should be another file you copied over called sweefx_preset.txt

Open it and it'll say something like: #include "...\...\...\sweetfx_settings.txt"
You need to replace the ...\...\...\ with the location of the sweetfx_settings.txt file that you just copied.

So it would look something like this:
#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\Bin64\SweetFX_settings.txt"

Note: The " " are still there. And you must have a \ between Bin64 and SweetFX_settings.txt
Save the preset text file and reload MWO.

Hello, MoonUnitBeta.

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, this method has not resolved the issue on my end. :unsure:

After re-reviewing the readme file, I am now wondering whether or not I am using an old version of DirectX 9. In your bin64 folder, do you have "d3dx9_42.dll", or "d3dx9_43.dll"? Because I have "d3dx9_42.dll", and the readme mentions "d3dx9_43.dll". But it works with the 32-bit client, so I don't know... :wacko: I'm going to try to update my DirectX 9 tomorrow, and then I'll report back with news.

Edit: It didn't help. =(

Edited by Furry Fox, 26 March 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#136 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostFurry Fox, on 10 March 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hello, MoonUnitBeta.

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, this method has not resolved the issue on my end. :unsure:

After re-reviewing the readme file, I am now wondering whether or not I am using an old version of DirectX 9. In your bin64 folder, do you have "d3dx9_42.dll", or "d3dx9_43.dll"? Because I have "d3dx9_42.dll", and the readme mentions "d3dx9_43.dll". But it works with the 32-bit client, so I don't know... :wacko: I'm going to try to update my DirectX 9 tomorrow, and then I'll report back with news.

This is my Bin64 folder
Posted Image

#137 bot141

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

Hello,

I tried this and I keep getting an error message saying: "The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll"

I'm using dx9 and 64bit.

Please help, thanks.

#138 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Is there no way this could work with Dx11?

#139 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

@tong169

I'm having the same message here using dx9, 32-bit, and no geforce experience. Game still starts up and seems to work fine afterwards though.

Edit: On second glance, the game starts and SweetFX doesn't do anything. I checked by taking screenshots of both versions (with and without) and they were identical.

Edit2: Any fixes for this? I would love to be able to distinguish a disco colored mech from a hill at 500m.

Edited by Gamuray, 26 March 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#140 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

Anyone have an idea how to solve tong169 and I's issue?

(btw tong, what Windows version are you using, and by dx9 did you mean in game setting or your actual directx version? They can be two different things. My in-game setting is dx9 but my computer has dx11 [dx9 being a folder in the MWO folder])

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users