MW4 anyone

32 replies to this topic

#1 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

DLed the mercs for free off mek Tek just to get a fix and noone is playing....ugh.....or only game up is locked....

#2 combatplayer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 137 posts
  • LocationMilkyway Galaxy

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

i play with a friend over hamachi now and again but we are both pretty bad and just gang up on some bots lol

#3 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I haven't played since MW4 mercs was on Gaming zone i just want to get the feel of things again lol

#4 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's RIDICULOUSLY difficult to set up your router to actually connect to the MekTek's server, but it's possible. There are still several hundred people (at least) playing regularly.

#5 Vorus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I can't ever connect to a match with the MekTek addon. My wife and I just play Stock MW4Mercs from time to time over our LAN.

#6 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ya I just hit connect to see if anyone has a server some times I host a game .. server name is Lets play.. just go to multiplayer and hit connect.. nott to mektek.. thats what i do

#7 Madtrekie

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFortson, Ga.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I haven't played since it was on game zone

#8 Neo1234251

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I used to be able to connect to the servers on MekTek, but since I moved from my laptop to my gaming computer, I'm no longer able to.

And I cant play MW4 on my laptop anymore due to its new-found tendency to overheat.

I got MW:LL setup the other day on my computer, but i'm still learning the mechanics of that game. I seem to be able to connect on the MW:LL servers fine though, so hopefully that will help me get back into the Mech game before MWO goes public.

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 01 June 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

It's RIDICULOUSLY difficult to set up your router to actually connect to the MekTek's server, but it's possible. There are still several hundred people (at least) playing regularly.

Depends on your router & your skill level & your info. I have a Belkin & it was easy. I went to www.portforward.com, got the right ports for MW4:M & put them in. Worked like a charm. If you want, you can use GameRanger. It is a lot easier & many people use it.

#10 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

someone said hundreds playing i dnt see any servers on mek match servers and when i just hit connect i see 2 games and cnt join any of them locked ugh...

#11 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I will have to check this out.

#12 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

broke down started playing mission play in MW4 lol

#13 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

finally get in a game and the host bans me lmao....dedicated server... i was running same mech they were lmao!!!!!!

#14 El Capitan

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationWhere the palm trees are bountiful, golf courses aplenty, and the "Northern" ideology of the state is actually south.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

never really got into the multiplayer, but play the heck out of single player MW4

#15 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

hey guys, i tried mektek´s forum and the german mwomercs forum already, but i cant get an answer that helps me out..
here´s the problem: downloaded mtx, installed MW4 mercs, seems to be updated and all... when i start the game, everytime it loads something i get the following error: "you don´t have the correct video codec to play *enter file path here* i can always skip it, the mechlab works, but a match (i tried in botmatch only) comes in 1991 gfx and freezes... i installed what seems to be the latest k-lite codec pack (hint from mektek forums) and i tried the hint adding /gosnovideo to the "target" line in the shortcut... doesnt help... if anyone has a good advice, i´ll never shoot you if we meet on the field, promised xD

i use win7 ultimate, run game as admin, gforce9500gt on an Athlon II x2, all drivers up to date...

#16 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

ugh srry i haven't seen that error man hopefully someone on mek tek forum can help u out

oh and BTW if whoever runs the dedicated server "TrentTheWanderer" sees this.. why did u ban me from ur server lol

#17 Tremble Wolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington State: USA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm with most of you, I don't check that often and when I do no one is on. That's fine because I usually just play campaign anyway.
Or, Solaris VII...

#18 RUDE GUNS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

oh well maybe i'll get lucky someone will be on at some point that doesn't ban u for killing them lol

#19 Red Duck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationHilton's Head Island, swimming in your C-Bills

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

download gameranger. my gaming group play regularly using that to connect, and it is a lot easier to use than the mektek ones. there is also quite a few people on it, i do often see servers up for the game on it. throw me a message and i'll game with you.

#20 Ferocitan

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOslo - Norway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

I havn't played since MW 2. I would love to get an easier setup for keys than all the sim like stuff to fit my WASD habit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users