What Are House Marik's Favored 'mechs?

52 replies to this topic

#21 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Let's not forget that whenever one house invaded a production facility of another house, they frequently stole the designs then started making them for themselves.

#22 Eumenes

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 77 posts
  • Locationof Cardia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostHarmAssassin, on 27 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Let's not forget that whenever one house invaded a production facility of another house, they frequently stole the designs then started making them for themselves.

The Dracs did take exception to using captured Hatchetmen because of the axe, but borrowing an enemy's design is pretty common in universe.

#23 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Look at the abbreviated names: Anything with an 'M' in it is either produced or originally designed by Marik, e.g. Stalker 5M, Awesome 9M, Cicada 3M etc.

#24 Metalcell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 104 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 09 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

This ugly SOB right here what people think of when you say Marik.

omg that thing is ugly if you compare it to eve ships it would be a Moa
http://www.thyris-ne...caldari/moa.jpg

#25 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostAym, on 04 April 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

Problem is the most iconic Marik mechs in the game right now are the worst in their class, so don't gimp yourself!

i gimped myself by going AWS all in. from the start no less.
it was really hard but oh so satisfying.
if you think you can have fun by being gimped (at first) then by all means do so.

my AWS now pays off dividends, i am often doing 500+ dmg in all the variants i mastered (3 of them)

but i am one of those guys that like to get trashed in order to learn by the school of hard knocks.

Edited by Mazzyplz, 13 May 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#26 Nekomimi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

i gimped myself by going AWS all in. from the start no less.
it was really hard but oh so satisfying.
if you think you can have fun by being gimped (at first) then by all means do so.

my AWS now pays off dividends, i am often doing 500+ dmg in all the variants i mastered (3 of them)

but i am one of those guys that like to get trashed in order to learn by the school of hard knocks.

There's also nothing better then beating "Optimized" builds with quirky and hard to use underdogs :)

#27 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostMetalcell, on 03 May 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

omg that thing is ugly if you compare it to eve ships it would be a Moa
http://www.thyris-ne...caldari/moa.jpg

Our poor Orion, MIA... :unsure:

#28 WCINC

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Marik favors combined-armed, right? Shouldn't their drops be a pile of tanks and VTOLs? Rather then a bunch of garbage like Orion mechs?

#29 TokenFroKid

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm not sure how lore-specific you're trying to get but remember you are a mercenary first as well, you could reasonably have come to house marik with whichever mech you favored before you swore allegience. I've yet to meet a Marik pilot that also totes an F Jenner.

#30 Ald Ebaran

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

In 3025, Marik had a higher production of medium mechs than other class Mech. The top 3 of these production was: (1) Griffin, (2) Wolverine and (3) Hermes II (not represented in MWO) (ref. Battletech House Marik 3025 book). In my opinion, little changes 50 years later.

#31 Trynn Allen

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Lets not forget the Guillotine, of the Shadow Hawk M, and the Goliath. Course we're never going to see the Goliath...

#32 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

Kali Yama is the biggest producer of Hunchbacks in the IS as well and is based in the Free Worlds League.

View PostWarRats, on 15 April 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Here is a list of mechs and varients that should be available and somewhat common in FWL. It is not going to be perfectly accurate.

SDR-5V Spider
SDR-5D Spider
HBK-4G Hunchback
HBK-4J Hunchback
HBK-4SP Hunchback
CN9-AL Centurion
CN9-A Centurion
CDA-3C Cicada
CDA-3M Cicada
TBT-5N Trebuchet
TBT-3C Trebuchet
TBT-7M Trebuchet
TBT-5J Trebuchet
CPLT-C4 Catapult
STK-5M Stalker
STK-4N Stalker
AWS-8Q Awesome
AWS-9M Awesome
AWS-8R Awesome
AWS-8T Awesome
AWS-8V Awesome

Forgot the Orion and Battlemaster

#33 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:09 AM

I highly recommend:
http://www.catalystd...ewUnitList.asp?

and this project from the stock guys for a much more stringent list, availability style:
https://docs.google....#gid=1103477325

This thread from this board covers a lot of the same ground:
http://mwomercs.com/...wo-marik-mechs/

There is also an amazing list made up on the http://housemarik.enjin.com/ but I've forgotten where to find it. Maybe someone else can post it? It lists all MWO variants and assigns them like: rare, uncommon, common or something like that ratings.

To make it super simple you can't go wrong with these chassis:
Locust
Cicada
Hunch
Treb
Orion
Awesome
Stalker

You can get much more granular than that but those seven cover your bases as a starting point.

Other mechs we've got a fair amount of:
Wolverine
Griffin
Shadow Hawk
Quickdraw
Thunderbolt
Battlemaster
Banshee

Edited by Hoax415, 22 October 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#34 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:39 AM

as part of concord of kaypten (an alliance formed because of the unification of house davion and house stiener) the FWLM has good access to both liao and kurita manufactured mechs. And as part of this alliance has gained permission to produce some foreign mechs in it's factories notably the liao raven

#35 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

Oh yeah Oldnan also has a great list for all factions that is well done and even has the Resistance Pack mechs:
http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry3839569

Edited by Hoax415, 22 October 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#36 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Mech production facilities in what is now the Free Worlds League, produced a majority of the mechs used in the SLDF, during the time of the Star League, so most pre-Successor State mechs would be very common in the FWLM.

#37 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

Comparatively speaking, yes.

Many SLDF mech chassis are simply extinct or next to extinct, though. In fact in our (3049) timeline a couple of SLDF models would probably be found in Kurita space and nowhere else in any numbers. (The Dracs stroke a deal with ComStar during the War of 3039 that provided them with a considerable amount of vintage mothballed SLDF Mechs.)

#38 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

While I appreciate the elan and the effort you seem to put into this, I fear I have to tell you that you are just not very good at trolling.

Dedicated trolls take the time to find even a remote connection to the topic at hand. They add wit to their derision to underline their insults. Instead of incoherent rambling they lay their fingers in open wounds of those they plan to troll. They take great care with spelling and grammar.

Just cobbling something together and adding "butt" to it just doesn´t cut it.

Go and read Bishop Steiners´ posts to see how it´s done. Then come back and give it another try.

#39 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostEarl McBeyrit, on 18 October 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

In 3025, Marik had a higher production of medium mechs than other class Mech. The top 3 of these production was: (1) Griffin, (2) Wolverine and (3) Hermes II (not represented in MWO) (ref. Battletech House Marik 3025 book). In my opinion, little changes 50 years later.

You mean 25 years later. And that saw the 4th Succession war coming around where Janos' panicked retreat led to the loss of several planets, including Oliver, home of the Brigadier mech company that produced mechs like the Griffins and Crusader.

#40 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 22 October 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Anything made by their Lyran neighbors that they could get their mitts on. See what I did there Mitt. lol Monopoly... The goal of the FWL. hahahaha *wasn't that funny you guys are just like the Liaos. Butts of jokes in BT*

Marack is a wolf pup, but I hear he is pretty good in a Jenner. ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users