104 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Please let us know if this hot-fix applied today has had any positive or negative effect on your in-game experience with regards to:
  • Desync and/or
  • Rubberbanding,
Is this working better for you since the fix?

#2 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Could you also track down and hotfix the glitch that happened on the forums? It appears that the general discussion section was erroneously deleted. People are leaving in droves!

#3 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 24 April 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Please let us know if this hot-fix applied today has had any positive or negative effect on your in-game experience with regards to:
  • Desync and/or
  • Rubberbanding,
Is this working better for you since the fix?

One game after the hotfix patch, the client crashed. When I relogged in, email and passwords were no longer remembered, ready mechs were deselected, armlock and throttle decay were enabled, all video and audio presets were reverted to default, mode was now windowed instead of full/windowed, and I now have 5 FPS.

Overall, everything was set back to default and its now unplayable.

~~ edited, resolved ~~
Problem was on my end. When the client crashed some part of it remained resident and my system thought I was running 2 clients simultaneously. Thus, no presets or anything. On reboot, all my presets were restored and things are back to my normal 24 FPS.

Edited by Donas, 24 April 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#4 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thank you Niko -

Seldom rubber-banding, but not as before. Saw this just now in Tourmaline.

Occasional low FPS - definitely on Frozen City, and once else - but I can't remember... may have also been Frozen City.

Long periods of near-disconnecting up to 10 seconds at a time, sometimes disconnecting.

#5 Javok

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Crashes are now even worse than before, Ive tried to enter a match 3 times with 3 crashes. I use to have crashes frequently if I had anything else opened in my PC, but even with no other programs running this patch upgraded that to always...

4 core i5 with 12GB RAM

#6 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Played about 10 games since the hotfix and I took a 8 point drop in my FPS and the rubberbanding is still there. Plus I crashed straight to desktop for one match, something that hasn't happened to me in more than 6 months.

#7 Evildude42

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Just played, Same old no minimap map issue. This was the first game I played. And still missing textures on frozen city night

Edited by Evildude42, 24 April 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#8 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Had bad rubber banding in 2 8 man drops

Also had impossible to hit raven's seemed out of synch and they took no damage

#9 Tsume Eiranis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Played a few matches, had little to no rubber banding issues BEFORE the hotfix, but during those matches I got rubberbanding... definitely made it worse for me ;)

#10 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Great job PGI - I experienced my first crash to desktop in a long time while loading a map (before it only were often hangs while already in match). Also it began to crash often after the match instead of returning to mechlab - new feature for me as well.

And no, I had little to no rubberbanding before.

#11 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

4 games in 8 mans had between 2-4 crash to desktop every match from our team and several for other side - unplayable in any serious games

#12 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

You know, it might be a good idea at some point to have a patch day where everyone just has to completely wipe and reload the game client. This has fixed all manner of issues for me in the past, usually after a patch changed something, and getting everyone in the beta on a fresh, clean install could help clear up what bugs really exist still and what ones are relics of poor patch jobs, data corruption, etc.

#13 jeffsw6

• 1,258 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY (suburbs)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

There weren't any patch notes in the patch notes area of the forum. It took me a while to figure out if I should expect any game-play changes. Might want to post something in that section so other players won't be confused, like I was.

#14 Kellen Wolf

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Funny thing is, I DID NOT ever have any rubber banding issues...until the hot fix..NOW I have rubber banding issue...go figure. Are you guys messing with me?

#15 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Since the patch my Mechlab is completely borked. I get no mech models in my view screen, just a lot of "bubbles" all over the place. Of different colors. Several of my mechs are not listed in my mech list, and the few that are there do not seem to have anything in them. This also happens to the trial mechs. I am unable to do any drops, and the game crashes when I try to close it.

I will try a new install of the game.

#16 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I thought the game was at least somewhat playable before, but now after two patches this game is unplayable and undesirable to play at all. I'm jumping ship in a few weeks if this is all we can look forward to, also pretty disappointed that the patches besides making the game that was already a lack luster game even worse, and no changes to weapon balancing.

*slow claps*

I'll take my money elsewhere thank you.

#17 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 24 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

I thought the game was at least somewhat playable before, but now after two patches this game is unplayable and undesirable to play at all. I'm jumping ship in a few weeks if this is all we can look forward to, also pretty disappointed that the patches besides making the game that was already a lack luster game even worse, and no changes to weapon balancing.

*slow claps*

I'll take my money elsewhere thank you.

You will not be missed.

#18 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

OK had enough tonight - before patch very infrequent bugs and drop to desktop maybe 1 a week post patch had a bug every game including 1 game in 3 crash to desktop ith only error in any logs

[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg

#19 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 24 April 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Since the patch my Mechlab is completely borked. I get no mech models in my view screen, just a lot of "bubbles" all over the place. Of different colors. Several of my mechs are not listed in my mech list, and the few that are there do not seem to have anything in them. This also happens to the trial mechs. I am unable to do any drops, and the game crashes when I try to close it.

I will try a new install of the game.

Ok, a clean install fixed it. Now I just have to fix my user config again.

#20 StealthAssassin

• PipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

No rubber banding or desync issues so far. Have played around 8 games so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users