Connectivity Hotfix!

104 replies to this topic

#41 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

We attempted several 8v8 matches with another Marik league team tonight in Conquest. Every match was reset because we would lose between 2-4 people from both teams (in one instance, they lost 4!) and eventually gave up.

Following that, we played several pug games, losing an average of 1-2 people per match on the server and from our team only once.

I'm not sure what factor was making their drops suffer from many times more HUD bugs and such than out drops. The only constant we could see (I am unsure if it is remotely relevant) is they were using a large number of Centurions and every drop we saw after without technical issue was running no or 1 Centurion. I am unsure of the model. I'm not sure why a 'mech might cause a memory leak, but it's not unheard of, so I thought I would mention it.

#42 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

So for the last week or so, my random uber crashes were gone (crashes so bad that my computer would need to be shut down manually and cold booted in order to get it working again...before cold booting I'd just get a black screen and a loud constant buzzing), but after this hotfix the crashes are bad.

This is extremely aggravating when I'm multi-tasking, as I lose all of my progress in the other task.

#43 Juicebox12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Since the patch this morning me and my friends have been crashing to desktop like crazy. even a friend who has never had a ctd is crashing multiple times in a session of playing.

#44 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Well, this time ( at least for me ) I can say without irony : Working as intended.
Rubberbanding is gone.

Thank you.

#45 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

out of 6 games 2 crashes to mechlab.

Note: I did send in a ticket on this last week but it went away for awhile last couple of nights. Seems to be back again after this patch. I may try re-install.

#46 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

CTD every 3-4 games. Will try turning V-Sync off.

#47 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Rubberbanding seems to be fixed; at the least, I am no longer getting the glitch where it adjusts my position, turning angle, or zoom level. One silent CTD, and almost never get those. Framerate still 60.

Disappointed that this did not also fix the ballistic hit registry issues though.

#48 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

No rubberbanding so far, just CTD and black screens (i can hear the game but not see anything) sometimes alt-tabing several time will bring it back, but by then I am usually dead.

#49 Jagsmar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

At least we have new feedback for the disconnect in the omnicron.log

CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet
CGameClientChannel::Release

Connection:
pingtest.net 40ms 1 ms jitter no dropped packets 30MB down 6MB up hardwired

Downloaded patch last night, 2 hours continuous gaming without a crash, it was glorious! Rubber-banding was at most little stutters. Get up next morning, as I write this, longest time in game has been 1 minute.

Hard to believe the servers would have degraded that much overnight so it's either low pings and high pings don't mix or the proliferation of game "enhancements" have ruined it for everyone.

And yes I have checked all my files for corruption.

Edited by Jagsmar, 25 April 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#50 Kajiya

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

My client closes when i finish a game, it happens every second game. Getting annoyed.

#51 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Seriously? OK you get an answer.

Did the crashes stop? NO

Did DCs stop? NO

Did Bugs stop? NO

Did it get better since fixes? NO

#52 Luxy

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Connecting from South Korea. Usually ping 230-260. Played about 10 games with no rubber-banding whatsoever. Prior to this hotfix game was basically unplayable since the 4/16 patch due to rubber-banding issues. I have almost never had client crash issues, and continue to have none since the hot-fix.
Thanks!

#53 Symbiodinium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Before the hotfix, the game was completely unplayable due to de-sync issues (usually I would run out of bounds on the server while still in the middle of the map on my screen). Since the hotfix, no problems. Nice work.

Edited by Symbiodinium, 25 April 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#54 OlF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Couldn't play due to rubberbanding since the 4/16 Patch. Played 10 Matches yesterday and had no rubberbanding at all.

Thx

#55 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

This new hot fix, has me crashing on game entry, textures are missing on buildings drop ship on day battle, this happend from about two patches ago, but seems to be constantly missing now, leading a mech running across you is harder, rubberbanding worse

#56 magnumgoatcolon

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I've had one CTD since the patch in about a dozen games or so, but my rubberbanding issues seem to have pretty much resolved. Still have all the various mini map issues and loss of FOF tags, but in game lag seems to be much better for me.

#57 Mudhawk

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUsually face down in the mud somewhere...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Oh well, got those crashes after the new patch, got that email to support underway as per Mr. Snow's request and gonna try a complete wipe now.
If you never hear from me again I probably killed my coputer. Otherwise I gonna keep Mr. Snow posted.

P.S.: They don't pay me enough for this. Because I'm paying THEM. Makes me doubt my sanity... ;-P

P.P.S:

View PostCathy, on 25 April 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I've little reguard for people that call themselves by the 'famous' fictional names
Natasha Kerensy, probably Isn't even a Woman, just some guy that used to **********, looking at the picture of her, in the wolfs Dragoons lance book

THIS made my day.
I always had the itch to start a thread like "Kill me I'm famous" or such myself. 8^)

Edited by Mudhawk, 25 April 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#58 Distemper

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Since the hotfix I'm randomly crashing to desktop with no error. Happened 8 times last night and twice so far tonight. Has NEVER happened before.

#59 Mudhawk

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUsually face down in the mud somewhere...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ooookay.
Interesting development.
Did a reinstall (Complete wipe of everything).
First game , first encounter, my screen freezes. I still could hear the battle though.
So I waited patiently since this is a test and after the battle I should drop back to mechlab, right?
Well it did, but mechlab was blacked out and crashed to desktop after a couple of seconds.
So I took a peek at my Omicron file and noticed 2 Things.

A: I could actually still use the chat after the crash happend

============================ PrepareLevel frozencity_night ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== frozencity_night is loaded in 14.4 sec ========
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg
CHAT ALL- Mudhawk to No Pilot:
GWell, don't know if anyone reads this, but man did my client crash. Could HEAR my death though....

CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_UserRequested, desc=User left the game
CGameClientChannel::Release

And B: The Date of the Log is okay, but the time is 2 hours off. Is this because of GMT + and daylight saving? (Time was 19:58 on my end)

OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Warn]: [Apr 25 2013 17:58:57 MWOClient.exe WARN]: HandleHeartbeatError called with EResult=EResult_SessionLost
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: COmicronOnlineAgent::OnConnectionLost: a_Result=EResult_SessionLost

#60 MaltedMule

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Still getting rubberbanding, and have some weird screen freezes at the beginning of the match from time to time where I have to switch to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen to correct. The screen freezes have never happened prior to this patch. I have seen little to no change in the rubberbanding I've experienced. Still seems to happen more frequently in higher speed mechs such as my Spider.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users