Connectivity Hotfix!

104 replies to this topic

#61 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

I am still seeing rubberbanding. I am also crashing a lot more.

#62 Mudhawk

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUsually face down in the mud somewhere...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Okay, news from the Frontlines.
After I reinstalled the game and my first attempt that ended I a new and exciting crash things had gone quite nicely (Aside from my lack of skill that I won't blame PGI for.)
But just now the game crashed again, without comment or fair warning.
Round just started, no "All systems nominal" yet >>wham<< desktop.
So I guess the reinstall didn't help much.
But it was worth a try and at least I got a clean Installation now.
That something at least.

#63 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

the hotfix royaly screwed the whole game.
8 man drops:
8 out of 10 games 1-2 pilots crashed to desktop
10 out of 10 games at least 1 pilot had no hud and/or no map,usualy 2 and up to 4 suffered this bug PER MATCH!
usage of repair tool has no effect on propability of crash or bug.
our team was so pissed that after 10 matches we simply gave up to play at all. several ppl stated that they wont start the game again bevore they see a anouncement for hotfix for the hotfix for a barly existing problem(rubberbanding was not a problem for us since month)

#64 DjKonline

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 24 April 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Please let us know if this hot-fix applied today has had any positive or negative effect on your in-game experience with regards to:
  • Desync and/or
  • Rubberbanding,
Is this working better for you since the fix?

Since the patch the rubberbanding/Desync has stoped, ran through Prime Time CST with no issues. thanks for the fix

#65 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

After reinstalling the game, something I hadn't done since closed beta, I was able to play 2 hours with no crashes (where previously it was 1 crash out of every 2-3 games after the hotfix).

#66 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

4 matches and then a crash. No lag or rubber banding for me. This is pretty much what was happening before the patch.

Game just hung during the start up sequence.

Edit: and another, two matches later.

Edit: And a bunch of crashes to desktop which I have never had happen before.

Edited by Pater Mors, 26 April 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#67 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yes, this hotfix corrected the rubberbanding issues I was having.

#68 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Game has been increasingly unplayable since the hotfix. FPS cut in half pretty much all the time, regardless of graphical settings, and random silent CTDs.

#69 GoPostal

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

My had had never crashed before this update. Now i crash frequently

#70 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Btw, the halved FPS for me is most prevalent when playing in windowed mode, which is how I normally play. When I Alt+Enter to fullscreen so both my GPUs are working in Crossfire, the vast majority of the frame chugging disappears and i'm steady 58-60fps instead of 30fps chugging. And it seems to happen most on Frozen City.

Edited by jay35, 25 April 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#71 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

No rubberbanding at all anymore for me.

BUT i have big issues now with hit detection. Especially on fast or jumping lights, which are near impossible to get a hit registered with now. My lasers for example hit on the mech and let it glow, the paperdoll though shows nothing and the hit is not registered.

I also frequently CTD now or face hard crashes (which i have to manually reboot after) that i never faced before. No crash dump, no logs, nothing...

#72 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Works like charm for me. I had quite lot of rubberbanding before. But since hotfix i can say problem went gone.

#73 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Getting a lot of crashes on Frozen City when it's foggy using heat vision.

#74 KMCA

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky Way, Virgo

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Well my game is playable again, at least it is in training grounds...

I'm still taking a break from it, I'll check back in from time to time but you're ruined any chance of my purchasing MC for some time. I'll play occasional games here and there but I won't have play sessions lasting 3-4 hours anymore and I sure as hell won't be recommending MWO to people until the game comes out of beta at the earliest.

The worst part is that despite the fact that as far as I could tell at least 15-30% of your players couldn't play and yet you still ran events like nothing was wrong. You guys need to start actively communicating with your community, or start handing out compensation every time you cause issues like this. 15MC a week would be a good compensation, it's enough for a single flush... let's face it, that's how we feel you've been treating our issues.

#75 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Have now done a full uninstall and re install - results still lots of random CTD's and now have had some new bugs never achieved before - The grey building texture bug - no teams showing in game score - random FPS drop to single digits

Before patch had very little issue with the game and only the occasional no mini map hud bug

Also somethings gone wonky with lights again Stats from previous night where with large lasers 95% hit rate 80% damage after patch 19% damage.

Took 3 of us constantly hitting (from all our point of view) 1 raven which we finally managed to leg and then even when legged took a combined 8 alphas to finally kill.

Previous night I was killing ravens with relative ease post the patch in every game vs a raven it took nearly all my ammo to make them orange in a dedicated light hunting mech and config

#76 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

my shots are still not registering any damage. visual effect goes off. 0 damage.

this is something that has happened since the latest april patch. and has not been resolved by the hotfix.

never had rubberbanding. i guess this would be called a desync issue?

Edited by Tennex, 26 April 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#77 AvalonGuard

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

I did not suffer any sort of rubberbanding, and HSR has been working beautifully for me until the aforementioned hotfix. Currently, my weapons are acting as if HSR is not in place, and I have had a permanent 25% increase in ping (normally 80-82, now 100-110). I do not rubberband but I am currently unable to damage quick targets with non-lock-on weapons.

#78 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

My desync and rubberband issues are resolved but I now get a crash to desktop right before the game fully loads about 1 in 10 drops(estimated).
edit: it also happens sometimes in the middle of a drop

I only mention this because I have not had CTD issues in the game for some months now.

Has anyone else seen this trend?

Edited by Kin3ticX, 26 April 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#79 SigiLee

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

I am still experiencing rubberbanding unfortunately. Sometimes a little, sometimes quite severe. Mostly when touching another mech, sometimes on touching a building.

#80 Sturmwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Instead of rubberbanding I'm getting dropped quite often now. Session lost has become a habit by now and it's even worse during events like the current one. I feel like as if the login servers are not able to handle the amount of requests and just randomly drop users.

OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 27 2013 17:39:33 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::StackContainerListSuccess

Apparently the server sends bad packets as well - it's honestly getting outrageous!

Also nice:
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Received OnPushNotification: a_Result=EResult_NoSession
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendNotification
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Received OnPushNotification: a_Result=EResult_NoSession
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendNotification
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendRetrieveInventoryList

Or just this one:
======== mechlab is loaded in 9.8 sec ========
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
UnLoadLevel End: 0.1 sec
Ammo Pool Statistics:
bullet: 18
homingrocket: 0
waypointrocket: 0
javelin: 0
narc: 0
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
System Shutdown
[Error] Runaway thread
DXInput Shutdown

Maybe this?
======== mechlab is loaded in 7.9 sec ========
CAccountMgr::OnRetrieveFriendList: Unhandled callback error: EResult_Timeout

The list goes on and on...

The funny part about it though is the fact that 70% of the "Session lost" errors occur when it tries to load my mechs in the mechbay now. The 30% left are CTDs once a game started telling me "Session lost". It's as if it cannot load the mech you selected for the game...database problem?

Edited by Sturmwind, 27 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users