Connectivity Hotfix!

104 replies to this topic

#81 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

A lot less rubberbanding for me, so now I have only my own lack of skill to blame if my statistics don't improve.

#82 HJ Madmac

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCairns

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

never had rubbberbanding ..now have since hotfix, and now have damage not recorded or desync, what monkey is playing with the servers..alot of people are just running out of patience.

#83 BadKarma6767

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Getting a lot more crashes to desktop/hard disconnects since the rubberbanding patch went in.

#84 Tenzek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I haven't noticed an improvement.

Usually I don't have any issues, but once in a while I get a round that is unplayable. I just had one such round.

I got circled to death by a RVN while I was in a STK with 5 LL. Granted that I had sustained damage already, but the exchange still took a good 40 seconds. From my point of view I hit him with most of the duration of all 5 LL enough times to kill him twice over, yet he barely sustained any damage.

I have a R.A.T 7 with a lot of ability to on-the-fly change mouse resolution, so I can easily switch the the proper resolution to hold my shots on the RVN. I am not sweeping wildly across it and exaggerating when I say "most of the duration".

#85 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Clean close to desktop 1 more time than is acceptable.

#86 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

my CTD's are just striaght crash, no errors, just shuts down. lots of mini map issues, occassionally no hud at all

#87 Xenon Megablast

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostTenzek, on 27 April 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

I got circled to death by a RVN while I was in a STK with 5 LL. Granted that I had sustained damage already, but the exchange still took a good 40 seconds. From my point of view I hit him with most of the duration of all 5 LL enough times to kill him twice over, yet he barely sustained any damage.

I have a R.A.T 7 with a lot of ability to on-the-fly change mouse resolution, so I can easily switch the the proper resolution to hold my shots on the RVN. I am not sweeping wildly across it and exaggerating when I say "most of the duration".

I noticed the same problem with moving Ravens, but not so with other lights.

I can light a Raven with 4 LLs, the affected component heats up to red, and quickly returns back to normal with his paint job barely scratched (well, or cooked). I didn't notice this happening as much with traditionally much faster lights (i.e. Jenners).

#88 R 13

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

CTD / Crash to Client is a trend IMO.

Noticed since last major patch (not hotfix) that I'll hit a certain time in the evening and everything goes to hell.

Typically ~1am eastern during the week, and tonight it was ~11pm. I played dozens of games, then the clock struck the witching hour and I dropped 3x in a row. That's my limit. I'm not going to continue screwing up other people's play experience being shorthanded because mine decides to start crashing. I'm not going to keep trying at that point.

The hotfix, needless to say, hasn't corrected this. I haven't noticed any more or less rubberbanding, but I'm terrible so may just not notice.

Edited by R 13, 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#89 Tenzek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostR 13, on 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Noticed since last major patch (not hotfix) that I'll hit a certain time in the evening and everything goes to hell.

Typically ~1am eastern during the week, and tonight it was ~11pm. I played dozens of games, then the clock struck the witching hour and I dropped 3x in a row. That's my limit. I'm not going to continue screwing up other people's play experience being shorthanded because mine decides to start crashing. I'm not going to keep trying at that point.

This might be the problem, actually. Even the forums are terribly slow right now. Perhaps the servers bog down at prime time.

#90 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Since the hotfix patch, and even after running the MWO Repair Tool, I have experienced two issues that did not exist prior to the hotfix patch:
  • FPS cut in half for the duration of some matches (I run 55-60fps steady windowed 1600x900, and it cuts this to almost exactly 30fps when this issue occurs).
  • CTDs. Game was pretty much rock solid for me prior to the hotfix, at least for the last several patches (since let's say the time around when the Jager was released). These are silent CTDs. No error message, nothing, the game just disappears. It usually happens just after being loaded into the map.
Given the tons of posts on the forums since the hotfix by people mentioning being stricken with one or both of these issues, I am confident they are common and reproducible, despite being seemingly random in their occurrence. One thing that might help is that the halved FPS bug seems to strike most often on Frozen City and River City.

Edited by jay35, 27 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#91 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostLugh, on 24 April 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Current display mode is 1920x1200x32, (Unknown graphics card)

Thats the problem, You might want to update your video drivers and not use the generic crap windows drivers.

#92 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostTenzek, on 27 April 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

This might be the problem, actually. Even the forums are terribly slow right now. Perhaps the servers bog down at prime time.

It's not the servers it's PGI's Internet service is getting congested, I have had a constant ping going for 3 days and have noticed that the begin to experience packet loss and high latency during internet rushhour ( between 5 pm and midnight).

#93 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostSturmwind, on 27 April 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Instead of rubberbanding I'm getting dropped quite often now. Session lost has become a habit by now and it's even worse during events like the current one. I feel like as if the login servers are not able to handle the amount of requests and just randomly drop users.

OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 27 2013 17:39:33 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::StackContainerListSuccess

Apparently the server sends bad packets as well - it's honestly getting outrageous!

Also nice:
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Received OnPushNotification: a_Result=EResult_NoSession
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendNotification
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Received OnPushNotification: a_Result=EResult_NoSession
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendNotification
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendRetrieveInventoryList

Or just this one:
======== mechlab is loaded in 9.8 sec ========
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
UnLoadLevel End: 0.1 sec
Ammo Pool Statistics:
bullet: 18
homingrocket: 0
waypointrocket: 0
javelin: 0
narc: 0
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
System Shutdown
[Error] Runaway thread
DXInput Shutdown

Maybe this?
======== mechlab is loaded in 7.9 sec ========
CAccountMgr::OnRetrieveFriendList: Unhandled callback error: EResult_Timeout

The list goes on and on...

The funny part about it though is the fact that 70% of the "Session lost" errors occur when it tries to load my mechs in the mechbay now. The 30% left are CTDs once a game started telling me "Session lost". It's as if it cannot load the mech you selected for the game...database problem?

Prolly you router closing what it thinks is a stale connection in the background, change it to NAT type 3 should fix it.

#94 Tenzek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostBitMonger505, on 28 April 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

It's not the servers it's PGI's Internet service is getting congested, I have had a constant ping going for 3 days and have noticed that the begin to experience packet loss and high latency during internet rushhour ( between 5 pm and midnight).

Either way, the point is that prime time bogs down the servers. Whether the point of failure is the server itself or the connection bandwidth they'll know from their analysis tools.

#95 Sturmwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostBitMonger505, on 28 April 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Prolly you router closing what it thinks is a stale connection in the background, change it to NAT type 3 should fix it.

Sorry to disappoint, on my end there's no problem at all. MWO has full access without any limitations by my router. The game was stable for me 3 patches ago. No crashes or session lost at all. The last 3 or 4 patches this stuff appeared.

EDIT:
Just checked after trying 20 minutes to PLAY the game:

OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 28 2013 17:30:31 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::UserAccountRetrieveSuccess
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 28 2013 17:30:31 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::UserAccountRetrieveSuccess
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 28 2013 17:30:31 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::StackContainerListSuccess
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Received OnRetrieveStackContainerList: a_Result=EResult_Success
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Error]: [Apr 28 2013 17:30:31 MWOClient.exe ERROR]: Failed to decode incoming packet. Message will be dropped: type=HUB2C::RetrieveFriendListSuccess

OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: Performing COmicronOnlineAgent::SendRetrieveUserAccount
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Warn]: [Apr 28 2013 17:30:48 MWOClient.exe WARN]: HandleHeartbeatError called with EResult=EResult_SessionLost
OmicronOnline[ELogLevel_Debug]: COmicronOnlineAgent::OnConnectionLost: a_Result=EResult_SessionLost

This certainly isn't on my end - I -never- had these kind of problems before this just appearead with the last patches (didn't you guys actually switch to .NET 4.0 or something then, too?)

Edited by Sturmwind, 28 April 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#96 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Had no crashes for nice amount of time and then this crappy hotfix comes.

#97 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

So do you have a fun-detector?

For the first time in a while I was actually having fun, brawling 1-on-1 with a Heavy Metal in my K2, and it was pretty close. Just as we're getting close to finishing one another off, my game crashes.

Having any real fun is so rare since the last patch; kinda sucks that when I do have a little fun, the game crashes.

Also, to the Heavy Metal pilot: It was close, but I think I would have won, though I would have been crippled after.

#98 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just played a few games last night since the hotfix. Still not good. First few matches were fine, but then had the desync/rubberbanding issue in the following matches. This was around 9PM PST on Sunday 4/28.

Problem only occurred occasionally throughout the matches, but it was pretty severe when it occurred. Better than last weekend, where the issue occurred non-stop throughout the match. Never had any issues for prior 5 months up until a few weeks ago.

#99 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I haven't experienced any changes.

FPS still sucks (drops below 10 on frozen shithole, erhm city).

HUD bugs are still there, as frequent as before.

No crashes so far (didn't have them before either).

#100 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Host-state rewind seems to be "BS" when you have low ping and everyone has high ping around you.. it's just reverse of what it was before... missing all the time.. sheehs

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users