566 replies to this topic

#141 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus, on 24 May 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Do not get your hopes up ladies. Triple AC 20 will not be possible on this mech if the developers wish to keep the placement of hard-points canon.
According to this record sheet I have found, the dual Machine guns are apparently located in the legs, one in each. The developers, if they even plan to put this variant out, would have to either implement weapon hard points in the legs or change their location. As you all know, AC 20s have never, and will never fit in the leg of any mech.

(Had to upload two images due to not being able to capture the entire page of the variant all in one).

Posted Image

Posted Image

the MG points on one of the cicadas where based on the legs too unless I'm mistaken and they moved them, also a lot of the mech variants used to have lasers on they're backs and they where moved to the front as well.

#142 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

The concept of this variant is just devastating. I have used similar variants in the past with Mechwarrior predecessor games. Mechwarrior 4 Mektek for instance. Try using an Executioner (Gladiator) with Jump jets, 2 Assault Lasers, 2 UAC20s, and 2 Rocket Launchers. For hit and run brawling at 62 KPH (I calculated the susceptibility of the speed by using the Awesome 8Q as something to compare it to as far as the engine is concerned as the engine charts for all mechs this game with the same tonnage is the same) with 2 AC 20 and 4 mediums Lasers to be put into this game will be beyond devastating when it comes to close range quarter combat. Let your Atlas' take point, stay behind them, and jump over their heads to alpha strike on the designated target. A 60 point Alpha strike is something you DO NOT want to ignore in such engagements.

if the 9A isn't incorporate im going to completely ignore this mech.

Edited by Skadi, 24 May 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#143 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 May 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

the MG points on one of the cicadas where based on the legs too unless I'm mistaken and they moved them, also a lot of the mech variants used to have lasers on they're backs and they where moved to the front as well.

It's not really a question of if they will move them but where will they move them.

#144 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Just what we needed, another poptart sniper. TBH, a Banshee, Cyclops, or Zeus would have been a better choice here.

#145 RecoilReaper

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

First off let me say that the art department has done a wonderful job again. The Victor truly looks realistic and as intimidating as an assault chassis should. Well done.

I am disappointed that our next assault mech is just going to be another poptart, which is really the only way I can see the standard variant being played. Indeed, the flavor text describes this type of gameplay. If long range, jump assisted direct fire is the only viable endgame, then MWO loses most if not all of it's strategic and tactical gameplay. I hope this will not be the case, and I realize that the announcement of a single mech (that we don't even know the hardpoints or even all the variants of) does not signal the end, but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the future of MWO.

#146 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, you waited so long to anounce this !!!

I tried making the highlander into the victore but its terrible max speed and torso twist made it pritty bad. Im glad i can get a victor, hopfully it can do 70 kph with a max engine and a speed tweak maybe 80 kph ? :)

Make it happen devs |!

#147 Khan Ignotus Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostSkadi, on 24 May 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

if the 9A isn't incorporate im going to completely ignore this mech.

Hope to run into you in battle then with this thing. :)

#148 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

As mentioned, shake rattle and roll that's been mentioned as coming into jump jet usage (I believe in June or July?) should largely nerf poptarting. We'll see if letting go of the jets and just coasting while in air affects that of course, but at least it's promising.

#149 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostThontor, on 24 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

or if they will include the variant at all

Which other variant would the use? Until 3050, we only have three variants with different hardpoint loadouts:
Stock: 1B, 2E, 1M
9A: 3B, 4E, 1M
9A1: 3B, 2E, 1M

The 9B is a clanner version, the 9D does not change any hardpoints, just weapons, the 9S is the same.

Personally, I am very disappointed. While the Victor surely is an iconic mech that gets mentioned in Lore quite a lot, it is another lightweight for its class, another humanoid mech (I like more different forms) and has a questionable hardpoint distribution for most of it's variants. I can already see the cussing when the weight-class matchmaker puts 4 80ton mechs in one team and four 100ton mechs in the other.

Edited by Genewen, 24 May 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#150 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus, on 24 May 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Hope to run into you in battle then with this thing. :)

Curious what you plan to equip on it that we currently have in our arsenal that will be so devastating in fire power if we don't get the 9A, we don't have assault lasers, and the 9A is the only variant that realy packs a wallop

#151 Captain Pancakes

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Ever since I finished reading The Sword and Dagger a few weeks ago I've been hoping they'd add this guy, pretty excited, not gunna lie.

#152 Dremster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

That is not a King Crab...

#153 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

The Zeus came along later in the Clan invasion iirc.

Also, wasn't the Victor named and used because it was designed by Victor Davion? It was certainly a quality Mech in MW4, hopefully they don't screw it up in MWO.

Zeus was 2787. I mean there is nothing wrong with it, it just gives the assault class another jump sniping guass / ppc build.

#154 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus, on 24 May 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Do not get your hopes up ladies. Triple AC 20 will not be possible on this mech if the developers wish to keep the placement of hard-points canon.
According to this record sheet I have found, the dual Machine guns are apparently located in the legs, one in each. The developers, if they even plan to put this variant out, would have to either implement weapon hard points in the legs or change their location. As you all know, AC 20s have never, and will never fit in the leg of any mech.

(Had to upload two images due to not being able to capture the entire page of the variant all in one).

The stock hard points hardly matter as their are always extra hard points that they add to the chassis. I see no reason we can't have one with 4 ballistic hard points.

#155 Der Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany / Limburg

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Anyone noted the Gauss/2 ER-PPCs volleys, the Atlas and Cataphract gave of? Looks like there aren´t any other loadouts around there than that, be it on them or JaegerMechs or K2s or...

Personally i hoped for something that closes the gap in the 55 or 95 tons weight class but i´m sure happy to have a Victor. Good work, give me more. :)

#156 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostThontor, on 24 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

the 9B, and the 9B Clan version are two different things.

VTR-9B record sheet
VTR-9B (Clan) record sheet

we will probably get the 9B, 9A, and 9D.

True, my mistake, but the 9B still has the very same hardpoint loadout as the D version on that sheet. Instead of freely adding new hardpoints, they should take the A, A1 and either B or D, wouldn't matter.

#157 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

kinda looks like a hatimoto chi actually.

#158 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostDremster, on 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

That is not an Annihilator...

Ftfy

#159 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostNgamok, on 24 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Just what we needed, another poptart sniper. TBH, a Banshee, Cyclops, or Zeus would have been a better choice here.

no idea what a Cyclops is, we don't need another atlas but a zeus would have been sweet

#160 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

PGI please leave the machine guns in the legs. It'll have a whole new meaning to zombie mech, just make them use the torso aim and fire wildly all over the place if the legs are moving, but fire straight if they stay still. Also, make MG's like MW3 so Mechs can kill Mechs with MG's... It'll give a whole new meaning to skill-shots by MG Leg Guns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users