Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#321 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostevilC, on 15 August 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Someone wrote a variant?
News to me.

A Google search for "gauss control" evilc yields this:
http://www.darkjedi....&search_id=post

Gauss Control Program By ThunderMax (Gauss Macro)

Huge thanks to Clive "evilC" Galway for making ADHD-AHK-Dynamic-Hotkeys-for-Dummies which is what my macro uses for it's GUI.

#322 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Ah, it's not a variant of FC, it just uses the same library (ADHD) as FC does to provide the bindings / profile interface.

It's nice to see someone else making use of ADHD though - I wrote ADHD many years ago and this is the first time I have seen someone else release a finished product that was based upon it.

You may also wanna let the guy posting on the thread who is saying that he cannot use it while holding shift that he needs to tick the "Wild" checkbox on the bindings tab. That will let his fire button work even when a modifier is held.

#323 Erdbeersahne

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

Somehow it is possible to bind SPACE on Fire?

#324 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

You mean how do you use space in the "Fire Sequence" box?

Use
{Space}

You can use any of the AHK key names, just enclose them in {curly brackets}

eg

{LButton}, {Space}, {Tab}

Would cycle between left mouse, space and tab

Edited by evilC, 14 January 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#325 Momolillo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hi evilc!

Is there a link from where to download the latest version?
After opening fire control, clicking on the instructions icon, i'm redirected to a webpage where this message appears:
[color=#333333]The version on this Github page may be broken.[/color]

Thanks

#326 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

You mean the page https://github.com/e...-latest-version ?

All that is saying is "Do not download from github (The site that page is on) because you may well get a broken version".

It then gives the place that you SHOULD download from: http://evilc.com/fil...rl/firectrl.zip

I do agree though, that it is a little ambiguous. I will change it now.

FYI, there will be no further versions of Fire Control. I have a new app called UCR which will eventually have all the functionality that Fire Control has, and more - ie all my various scripts will be re-written as plugins for UCR at some point.

#327 TheMisled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLocked in a brawl with another mech on some distant planet.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

This isn't working for me, all it does is cycle the weapon groups...

The game seems to think that I'm clicking the up arrow.

Edited by e1itegamerpro, 02 February 2016 - 01:25 PM.

#328 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

How to not get help 101: Say "It's not working" and give no further information as to how you configured the app.

#329 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

This is really cool. Did PGI rule on this being allowable in MWO and not as a cheat? Just curious. Thanks. :)

#330 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

If you need a macro, your just not good enough. Yes is have a expensive mouse, just not cheesey enough to use macro's

#331 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 02 February 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

This is really cool. Did PGI rule on this being allowable in MWO and not as a cheat? Just curious. Thanks. Posted Image

Yes, PGI has deemed this OK.

View PostHades Trooper, on 02 February 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

If you need a macro, your just not good enough. Yes is have a expensive mouse, just not cheesey enough to use macro's

It does not give you an unfair advantage. Chain fire is arguably worse than alpha (Single point damage is a bigger concern, and this does the opposite), and a toggle for TAG is also achievable by wedging a piece of paper in your keyboard.

Furthermore, it is better that EVERYONE can do these things, not just those with expensive mice.

So Hades, cry some more about something that is a non-issue. If you can't beat someone who is using this macro, it is you who needs to "Get Good".

#332 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

How on earth is using this any different to using some hack tool of some website... Unbelievable, no advantage! what about the steady continued damage this does perfectly while everyone else jams up constantly because they are playing the game as designed...

I see no difference in using this or some esp/aimbot hacktool, you are circumventing the games mechanics and are cheating... PGI should be disgusted with themselves allowing these things...

#333 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:22 AM

Chain fire is a DISADVANTAGE. With alpha fire, if the weapon is converged, you hit the same location with all the shots.
By spreading the same number of shots over a period of time, the shots tend to land in different locations, and you need to "stare down" your target to keep laying down fire.
Therefore, if you are using chain against someone using Alpha, then they can land all their shots in one go and twist off the damage, while you need to keep staring straight at the target, providing an easy shot for the enemy.

Also, if you have a short window of time where you have Line Of Sight to a target, by using chain fire you can get LESS shots off on the target.
ie with 4 weapons each with a 1s ROF, if you could only see your target for 1 second, with chain fire you would get ONE shot off, but with alpha you would get FOUR.

Get a clue and stop whining about something that is a non-factor. Do you EVER see top tier players using chain fire in competitive play? No.

Edited by evilC, 11 February 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#334 Maddreg

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

As I understand, any 6 weapons chained is max? Tried to setup 6 AC2's and keep 2 ML, but there is just not enough buttons Posted Image Also tried to make 3 pairs and chain it, but DPS is limited by chain sequence I guess :(

#335 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

Make 3 groups, put all 6 weapons in the 3 groups, and enable chain fire (Backspace) for each of the 3 groups.

eg, place all 6 weapons in groups 4,5 and 6 and enable chain fire for groups 4,5 and 6. Set your Fire Sequence to 4,5,6

Ideally you need 3+ groups, just 2 does not work as well.

#336 Maddreg

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostevilC, on 18 February 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

Make 3 groups, put all 6 weapons in the 3 groups, and enable chain fire (Backspace) for each of the 3 groups.

eg, place all 6 weapons in groups 4,5 and 6 and enable chain fire for groups 4,5 and 6. Set your Fire Sequence to 4,5,6

Ideally you need 3+ groups, just 2 does not work as well.

that's what I did, but in this case rate of fire is limited by 500ms of standard chain fire rate, which is 167ms between shots. While in case I use all 6 separate "groups", I get 120ms fire rate. That's 40% difference which is quite noticeable. I guess there is no way to keep fire rate at 120ms and have any additional weapon to be used separately

The purpose of such quick shooting is a psychological factor. When you get so many shots right in your face, your main intention is to hide. I tried it today against 3 mechs at once, they just tried to hide (of course they made several shots at me before the hid behind the rock) Posted Image

Edited by Maddreg, 18 February 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#337 Supraluminal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hey, I'm having some trouble while trying to use this to stagger 6 x SRM6 to avoid ghost heat. I have the launchers split between groups 3 and 4, and have FC set up with fire sequence 3,4 and fire rate of 505ms. I've bound the fire action to my mouse's thumb button.

The problem is that it seems to behave erratically. I would say about 70% of the time it works - I hold the button, both groups fire in sequence, keep holding and they keep firing as they reload. But then sometimes, I'll click, one group will fire... and nothing else happens. The other group does not fire, the first group doesn't refire after reloading. It seems like it fires whichever group the sequence was last on, and then gives up.

I've tried various combinations of send keyup on fire and pass-through as ideally I would like the actual click input to not make it to MWO. Doesn't seem to make much difference, except that possibly turning pass-through off doesn't seem to work reliably (?).

I also see the behavior a guy posted up-thread where the weapon highlight in my groups box moves up by one each time I click as if I'd hit the up arrow. No idea if that's likely to be related, but it does seem odd that it happens (and it is vaguely distracting).

#338 blindhai

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hello, how do i figure out how to chainfire for example 3 AC5 with this macro properly? Can i calculate it or is it just try and error?

#339 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

I imagine the optimal/minimal delay between shots of 2 separate cannons is a constant for each type of a cannon.
On a second thought, there are cooldown modules, which, I assume, affect this number. As would AC cooldown quirks (assuming there are mechs with such quirks).

Edited by DavidStarr, 21 February 2016 - 11:57 PM.

#340 blindhai

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 21 February 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

I imagine the optimal/minimal delay between shots of 2 separate cannons is a constant for each type of a cannon.
On a second thought, there are cooldown modules, which, I assume, affect this number. As would AC cooldown quirks (assuming there are mechs with such quirks).

I thought that the Delay is not between every shot, but between the firing of the whole group. The CD of an AC5 ist 1,66s, which is without the quirks, i think. So three times that is 498 ms, which is pretty close to the default 500 ms. In a Banshee you have 10% Ballistic CD and 5% AC5 CD, which concludes to 425,79 ms, which i would round up to 426 ms.

Am i correct?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users