Community Warfare Delayed Until ***2014***?

82 replies to this topic

#21 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'll repost this here for everyone to read. I pulled out the relevant info from the podcast and appended Russ' actual dialogue. CW will likely not be out in any form prior to Launch, but was not specifically mentioned to have been pushed back to 2014 either. It will be released in stages. The origin of the 2014 rumor is that the later stages of CW, specifically those dealing with planetary control, MIGHT(!!!) not be out until early 2014, but that is pure speculation.

View PostListless Nomad, on 03 July 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Just listened to the relevant portion of the podcast and want to share the highlights with those who aren't able to listen.

Russ states that it's possible clan mechs will be introduced similarly to the project Phoenix program "We've thought about it. We don't know for sure. There is a reasonable chance. We have a process now right? We did it with founders, we did it with Phoenix. It's a great way for the community to say 'we want a top notch mechwarrior product'...it's feasible. Right now, there is no plan cooking, brewing."

Clans will be worked on after all other major features are completed. "We've got our plates so full, to get this game launched. To get these major features that we are launching in 2013. Clans are not the priority. Once we get those major features done, clans are the next major thing.

The 1:1 timeline in the universe is dead as far as Russ is concerned in terms of setting deadlines for features to be done. "My opinion is, the timeline was interesting at first, was kind of cool, but it's not a driving factor anymore. Its not a very important aspect. Its more important to have a quality game"

Russ admitted that CW can't be worked on fully until UI 2.0 is finished "Community warfare is heavily reliant on UI 2.0. If you think about all the things we are going to be doing with factions, and everything else - it's one thing to spend all the time building those into a user interface that we have currently that is going to be completely rewritten or is incapable of doing it properly...so it's added some extra time before we can get these features into people's hands. But we are just trying to do everything the right way."

12v12 should be out within 30 days "All I can say for sure is it looks like 12v12 will hit in July. We are within a week of public testing. We should be testing it internally tomorrow. ...We are within 30 days or so, maximum, of getting that into public hands.

UI 2.0 hopefully before launch (Late August, Early September) "Really trying to get that out before our late summer launch."

CW will come out in phases and more depth will be added as they go along "Community Warfare is definitely going to come out in phases. It would be best to let Bryan speak to it, because I can't speak to it as well as he can. It's going to come out in several phases so you will have stuff this fall for sure, and then more depth will be added."

Edited by Listless Nomad, 05 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#22 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

All I want to know is how long before we get Community Warfare that I give a **** about. I don't think I can do PUG matches with loyalty points for several months while they finish the game post-release. I'm hoping for the best, but I don't expect good things.

#23 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lol this is like watching national media outlets, so much hyperbole, assertions and hypotheticals, and near 0 facts.

#24 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 05 July 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Lol this is like watching national media outlets, so much hyperbole, assertions and hypotheticals, and near 0 facts.

yeah because some kind of PR person or comunity manager should have showen up in the thread by now and give out some facts and clearify points that were brought up...

but yeah it's still funny and even more so when reading the mwog on /vg/ the same time ...

#25 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

You guys have been here long, yes? Notice much difference between what is said versus what actually happens? Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter.

#26 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 05 July 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

WRONG.

Now that the short answer is out of the way, this is incorrect information. Russ Bullock specifically said during that podcast that Community Warfare would be out before Launch.

Please, listen to the podcast, get the real information from the source. Speculating on rumors and conjecture only leads to creating problems that don't exist, and riling up people that don't know better.

Here is the link to the podcast in question: https://soundcloud.c...ng-podcast-0079

Consider that not everybody lives on social media nor listens to podcasts. The information should also be found on the MW:O forums as soon as it hits any other outlet. The majority of people do indeed understand the issues that pop up when coding or when hard deadlines are screwed by things the company could never anticipate. Sure, I'm often a nay-sayer for how PGI is progressing, but I do know the difference between poor business sense and technical issues. Oh, and outright lying necessitated by technical issues one could not foresee.

#27 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostEvangelionUnit, on 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

yeah because some kind of PR person or comunity manager should have showen up in the thread by now and give out some facts and clearify points that were brought up...

but yeah it's still funny and even more so when reading the mwog on /vg/ the same time ...

Correcting all the mistakes in this forum would take 15 people working full time.

Either way, at least 3-5 of the top 15 questions for ask the devs 15 is involving timelines so we'll see soon hopefully.

Edited by hammerreborn, 05 July 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#28 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm worried about the upcoming releases that are going to overlap (roughly) with the "release" of MW:O. A weak CW + all that other stuff going on does not bode well for us.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed...

#29 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Pro Tip: Whining about the delay of features will not get them released any faster.

#30 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

*Ahem*

Kong Called it.

#31 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I was hoping to see it for launch. Then came May/June and no milestones were hit. Then Russ mentions "phases of Community Warfare" again and the launch date is in September.

It's not happening soon. I've moved on.

#32 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 05 July 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Pro Tip: Whining about the delay of features will not get them released any faster.

Translation: Never criticize PGI ever, because it hurts my feelings.

You'll need more Golds to spin this mate, your numbers are thinning.

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 05 July 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

12v12 should be out within 30 days "All I can say for sure is it looks like 12v12 will hit in July. We are within a week of public testing. We should be testing it internally tomorrow. ...We are within 30 days or so, maximum, of getting that into public hands.

So... big things in August.

Sounds about right.

#34 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

until August...then big things in October.

#35 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostChemie, on 06 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

until August...then big things in October.

At which time, we will be presented with even more MINIMALLY VIABLE CONTENT.

They (PGI/IGP) are playing the community like a Baroque Violin.

#36 zolop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

The quote in question comes @ about 28:10, where Russ says that Ekman will be on later to talk more about Community Warfare.

He goes on to say that it will come out in Phases, there will be something working by this Fall, and after that, more depth will be added.

Progress on Community Warfare will continue into 2014, and it will not be completed in 2013.

@ 29:20, he explains that Community Warfare is being held up by other features that provide necessary functions for Community Warfare to work properly.

This was in his previous post
https://soundcloud.c...ng-podcast-0079

Thank you Syllogy for the information and also linking to the podcast in question. I didn't take the time to listen to the whole podcast itself though, but will in the future before I make any speculation / infering. If people don't have the time to listen to all of the podcast instead infering things from part, then starting a thread, moderators should step in and close the thread with relevent information. If people don't take the time to listen to all of the podcast then make speculation its just really bad for any game community. If you are def then a transcript should be provided, but that is for a different discussion. Maybe Kraven next time make a topic "Unsure of Community warfare launch (link Relevent Podcast/info)" instead of starting with "Community Warfare delayed until 2014!?" without lsitening to the whole podcast in question.

Edited by zolop, 06 July 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#37 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

The reason no one listens to the NGNG podcasts is because it's the same thing over and over again.

Russ: big things in the works. Video games are hard and you guys just don't get me.

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys

Garth: big things in the works. BTW the community sucks.

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys, shall we wash your feet now?

Paul: Duh! Which way did they go, which way did they go, George?

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys, we are not worthy to be in your presence and without you guys, the universe would not exist!

Just sniveling "yes" men asking stupid questions and repeating themselves.

#38 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 July 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

The reason no one listens to the NGNG podcasts is because it's the same thing over and over again.

Russ: big things in the works. Video games are hard and you guys just don't get me.

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys, we are not worthy to be in your presence and without you guys, the universe would not exist!

Oh look, it's just Lonestarr trashing a game he hates and yet still plays and posts.
Why bother dude, save yourself the angst and just move on or make a youtube video or something.

#39 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostNauht, on 06 July 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Oh look, it's just Lonestarr trashing a game he hates and yet still plays and posts.
Why bother dude, save yourself the angst and just move on or make a youtube video or something.

Oh look, another clueless PGI supporter championing a sorry excuse of a game. Don't you have developer feet to wash and praises to sing?

#40 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 July 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

sweet we totally appreciate you guys! <-- i lol'd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users