1219 replies to this topic

#1021 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,432 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

The C-Bills for each successive mech will be obtained while leveling all the mechs, most of the equipment is already stocked! :D

#1022 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostSimbacca, on 02 October 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

I see your 20 mechs and raise you 31 in my collection. Like you all are engined and fully equipped. 28 of those mechs run XL engines... Though in the case of modules only advanced sensor range is permanently assigned. All other modules are assigned on as needed basis (otherwise I would not be able to afford all those XL engines)...

By my estimate, I need 100 million C-Bills to cover costs of Double Heat Sinks, Endo-Structure, XL Engines, Weapons and other needed kit.

Current C-Bill Stockpile: 60 million C-Bills.

You way way too much free time on your hands dude. Where you get the money you cant be working full time job with the money you are spending on this lol

#1023 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Well...after one year of MWO i can call 45 Mechs my own. I have 3 free mechbays left and in Dezember i end up with 68 Mechs and half of them is mastered. But still there are people who have all of the mechs and and all mastered. It's just a questio of time :ph34r:

#1024 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 02 October 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Not a chance on the package. I bought a package already, a $60 package, back in closed beta.

Since then, PGI has made me feel as if I've been kicked in my own package numerous times.

The amount of money getting spent by some of you people astounds me, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I just remember the times when a $60 purchase got you the whole, well rounded game, in a box you took home. I'm guessing the DLC thing in console gaming trained a great many people here.

In my mind, I spent the equivalent of a whole, finished game. PGI gets nothing more. They took the Founder's 5 MILLION, spent it, then kicked the Founders to the curb.

The stream of the Launch Party capped it for me. Talk about low budget......

And yes, the art department, IMO< is what's keeping this whole thing afloat.

Now, I just double clicked on a game icon, and it wasn't MWO.......

What you fail to acknowledge is that people pay $60+ for a console game that takes them, MAYBE, a solid weekends worth of time to finish, then move on to the next. MMOs and MMORPGs (yes, they are different) used to cost money up front PLUS subscription fees. In the six or so years I played WoW, for instance, I put down roughly $100 for the initial game plus expansions, plus around $1,000 in subscription fees. A console game, on the other hand, is $60-$80 and I would be lucky to stay entertained for six hours, let alone six years. There is a world of difference.

Let me ask you this. For your $60 MWO purchase, how many hours of game time did you get from it? Be honest. If you got more than six hours, quit whining like a spoiled baby, because you got well more than your money's worth. If not, then you obviously didn't put much thought into the purchase ahead of time...

#1025 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostCimarb, on 02 October 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

What you fail to acknowledge is that people pay $60+ for a console game that takes them, MAYBE, a solid weekends worth of time to finish, then move on to the next. MMOs and MMORPGs (yes, they are different) used to cost money up front PLUS subscription fees. In the six or so years I played WoW, for instance, I put down roughly $100 for the initial game plus expansions, plus around $1,000 in subscription fees. A console game, on the other hand, is $60-$80 and I would be lucky to stay entertained for six hours, let alone six years. There is a world of difference.

Let me ask you this. For your $60 MWO purchase, how many hours of game time did you get from it? Be honest. If you got more than six hours, quit whining like a spoiled baby, because you got well more than your money's worth. If not, then you obviously didn't put much thought into the purchase ahead of time...

I gotta second this, I've put down about 150 between overlord and MC,and the only other games I've gotten comparable time out of were all massive games. I'm pretty sure this has beat LoL, so it's now up there with Starcraft, Halo, Heroes 3, and Warcraft 3 in terms of raw game time I've spent playing it.

#1026 Tundara

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Got the Overlord and Sabre packs, and about 150$ of MC.

I've played probably a good 100 hrs so far. And that's only been since Mid-July. ;) Really looking forward to getting and leveling the Battlemasters and Shadow Hawks. I only have 1.4 million stored C-Bills though since I've been working on the Highlanders and Orions. :ph34r:

=. .=b <-- otter giving thumb up.

#1027 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

hi

i need one more mech in Phoenix "Saber Reinforcement" Package only

the Phoenix Hawk

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Phoenix_Hawk

;D

mfg
maru

but Phoenix Package and the "Saber Reinforcement" Package are awesome :ph34r:

Edited by Marukage, 02 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#1028 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostSimbacca, on 02 October 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

By my estimate, I need 100 million C-Bills to cover costs of Double Heat Sinks, Endo-Structure, XL Engines, Weapons and other needed kit.

Current C-Bill Stockpile: 60 million C-Bills.

Keep in mind some of the variants come with XL engines and some of the upgrades so that number will be lower.

#1029 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

It's only money.
But it is money.
I intend to limit myself to $15 a month.
Now I just have to go another 4 months without spending any money on this game, and I'll have met my objective.

Somehow, I've sunk $185 into this game.

That said, the real reason I've stopped spending money is it's just not worth it anymore.
Colors are too expensive.
It takes me a month to grind the c-bills for one variant.
MC spent on premium time is money I can't spend on hero mechs.
MC spent on camo patterns is wasted for a guy who plays more than one mech.

$30 for a mech!
Yipes!

I just can't see myself buying any mechs in the future, so I'm afraid Phoenix package (storm) may be it for me!
(I have $20 million after buying only jenners for the last 2-3 months. That's just barely enough money to upgrade my shadowhawks. Cant' get into spending money now because I know I might not get another mech until January and worried my interest might wane.

Also, I think the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster will be terrible mechs. Arm actuators are mostly a liability.
And at 65 tons and 85 tons, they compete directly with stalkers.
And neither can jump.

But yeah, rambling with no purpose here!

I guess my point is this game is totally worth $60. But I'm beginning to think that the game is becoming balanced around spending $200 a year, which it is definitely not worth . . . Now if premium time came with an award of 5 MC for every match played (5 for a win, 2.5 for a loss? 10 for a win, 0 for a loss?), I would be all over always paying for premium full time and would be happy. :-).

/shrug

#1030 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

@DanNashe

Almost any subscription game comes out to ~$180/year, minimum (@$15/month), so I don't think $200 is bad at all as long as I am still enjoying it. I play solo, as my wife doesn't like shooters, so it is definitely a good game (for me) if I am willing to invest in it.

#1031 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 02 October 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

You way way too much free time on your hands dude. Where you get the money you cant be working full time job with the money you are spending on this lol

The Oil Patch.

Did I forget to mention that all 31 mechs are mastered as well???

View PostVanillaG, on 02 October 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Keep in mind some of the variants come with XL engines and some of the upgrades so that number will be lower.

Though I am pretty stickler about my engines - whenever possible I try to have a "standard set". IE: 255, 265, 280, 300, 325, 350.

Edited by Simbacca, 02 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#1032 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 October 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

The cost per hour of play I have enjoyed for this game comes to $1.86 per hour. I've put in over three times as many hours as I have in any AAA title.

And physical media is for chumps. Steam is the future, game boxes are for consoles.

I like physical media. Steam is an okay setup, but I prefer to hold an item in my hand if I'm paying good money for it. YMMV, of course, but justifying spending so much for something that could be dead and gone with the flick of a switch is... unnerving to me.

Bah, but what do I know? The Phoenix 'Mechs are a welcome addition to the game, as are those of the Saber package. Too bad they're so darn expensive, and that there's really no way of testing what a person's buying before laying down so much cash for a digital item, sight unseen.

#1033 Gregory Owen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I wasted more on the stupid SWTOR collectors edition than i've spent on this game including the overlord phoenix package.

#1034 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

The only game that still beats MWo in term of price/playability it's mount and Blade warband...

10 bucks and i still play it from time to time to this day.

P.S: on an unrelated note 90% those flame patterns are close so close ....

Edited by Lord Perversor, 02 October 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#1035 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostDanNashe, on 02 October 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

It's only money.
But it is money.
I intend to limit myself to $15 a month.
Now I just have to go another 4 months without spending any money on this game, and I'll have met my objective.

Somehow, I've sunk $185 into this game.

That said, the real reason I've stopped spending money is it's just not worth it anymore.
Colors are too expensive.
It takes me a month to grind the c-bills for one variant.
MC spent on premium time is money I can't spend on hero mechs.
MC spent on camo patterns is wasted for a guy who plays more than one mech.

$30 for a mech!
Yipes!

I just can't see myself buying any mechs in the future, so I'm afraid Phoenix package (storm) may be it for me!
(I have $20 million after buying only jenners for the last 2-3 months. That's just barely enough money to upgrade my shadowhawks. Cant' get into spending money now because I know I might not get another mech until January and worried my interest might wane.

Also, I think the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster will be terrible mechs. Arm actuators are mostly a liability.
And at 65 tons and 85 tons, they compete directly with stalkers.
And neither can jump.

But yeah, rambling with no purpose here!

I guess my point is this game is totally worth $60. But I'm beginning to think that the game is becoming balanced around spending $200 a year, which it is definitely not worth . . . Now if premium time came with an award of 5 MC for every match played (5 for a win, 2.5 for a loss? 10 for a win, 0 for a loss?), I would be all over always paying for premium full time and would be happy. :-).

/shrug

Actually i suggest you go look at the Thunderbolt more closely, because one variant does come equipped with jumpjets. Also the battlemaster is a affordable Bores Head and will most likely have a greater torso rate then the stalker with less chance of being stripped from excessive fire to the side torso. Lets face it a Stalker is like broad siding a submarine from the side.

#1036 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I really only wanted the Locust, but I love medium mechs. I went ahead and bought the package. Looking forward to this on the 15th. Didn't realize that there was a flame pattern that was going to be unlocked if enough people signed up. That's neat, I guess.

#1037 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostGregory Owen, on 02 October 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

I wasted more on the stupid SWTOR collectors edition than i've spent on this game including the overlord phoenix package.

The SWTOR Collector's Edition is the only CE I've regretted purchasing. And I've 'collected' a lot of CE's.

Well... maybe not entirely regretted... The art book and the soundtrack are still really nice, but the game was horrible, and that stupid Darth Emo statue that remains in the ridiculously sized CE box taking up too much space at the bottom of my closet make me hate it more than love it... Maybe someday I can eBay that stupid Darth Emo statue to some poor sap that thinks evil is cool.

#1038 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

The Flame Pattern is almost unlocked... c'mon folks... Spend that cash! :D

#1039 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 03 October 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

The Flame Pattern is almost unlocked... c'mon folks... Spend that cash! :D

I wish we could gift stuff already. Ugh... it would have been unlocked YEARS ago!

View PostDirePhoenix, on 02 October 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Maybe someday I can eBay that stupid Darth Emo statue to some poor sap that thinks evil is cool.

Posted Image

#1040 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

one quick question: is the saber reinforcment pack still available after the 15th of october?

Edited by Wrathful Scythe, 04 October 2013 - 12:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users