• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

There is no advantage of 3PV so what you said makes little to no sense

We interrupt the rehashing of 3PV discussions for this very important bulletin ...

As a gaming mechanic, 3PV does not offer any advantage for the very simple reason that everyone has fair access to it. But, it does offer an extremely significant psychological advantage against those who refuse to use it.

Regular MWO forum discussions now resume ...

B) :angry: :wub:

Edited by Mystere, 29 September 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#2483 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

There are countless vids and pictorals that showed us in great detail, many weeks back, how 3PV can be exploited, the Devs even acknowledged as much.

Ignore the shills, w h ite k nights here claiming anything to the contrary.....hell, they're probably alt accounts of actual employees at this point.

#2484 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostThe Unknown Pilot, on 29 September 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Ignore the shills, w h ite k nights here claiming anything to the contrary.....hell, they're probably alt accounts of actual employees at this point.

Is it fair to say that people who complain incessantly about MWO are Hawken employees then?

#2485 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostHeffay, on 29 September 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Is it fair to say that people who complain incessantly about MWO are Hawken employees then?

That or Star Citizen plants, certainly. But I'm betting at least 70% of those who seem angered or disappointed, are genuine players who actually hope to God this game gets it's act together....who wants to wait another 10 years, if these Devs happened to ruin the genre later on?

#2486 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostHeffay, on 29 September 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Nah! I say they're spurned lovers reduced to stalking.

#2487 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 September 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

We interrupt the rehashing of 3PV discussions for this very important bulletin ...

As a gaming mechanic, 3PV does not offer any advantage for the very simple reason that everyone has fair access to it. But, it does offer an extremely significant psychological advantage against those who refuse to use it.

Regular MWO forum discussions now resume ...

3pv is fine since everyone can use it.. .wow thats as bad as the "ITS still beta excuse"

#2488 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 29 September 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Please stop

That gets 2 likes? So, you guys love things with no content at all, but complain about PGIs work lacking content? That's funny B)

Edited by Duvanor, 29 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#2489 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 29 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

That gets 2 likes? So, you guys love things with no content at all, but complain about PGIs work lacking content? That's funny B)

those 2 words were better than anything PGI has said in a while

#2490 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 29 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

What he is doing is the same as what PGI has been doing the past two years, and that's talking out of their butt.

#2491 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

It's sad how likes are given for insults and sarcasm in these forums.

#2492 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 29 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

It's sad how likes are given for insults and sarcasm in these forums.

Right, because "likes" matter.

Tell us how bad the "stars" are while you're at it.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 29 September 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#2493 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well, all this ranting and raving notwithstanding, I'll just chip in and say:

I still have lots of fun in this game, and in fact I've had ever more fun since I started playing.

I don't like 3PV, and don't generally use it. I recognize it does grant an advantage when used as a scouting aid (and will occasionally use it as such) but I'm fine with it overall because:
1) It's implementing in a "realistic" fashion (seriously, stop with the "magical periscope" {Scrap}; there's a clear camera drone, this is no more high tech than a $20 remove control helicopter at 7-11).
2) It's objectively bad in combat. Sure, you can pop a camera out to scout, but when the **** hits the fan, 1PV is where you need to be to compete. That's all I need to enjoy the game.

The game has far, far fewer bugs than it used to. Less bugs - particularly less game breaking bugs - is always good in my books.

Ever more mechs. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but for me? Mechs ARE content. Not counting my Phoenix and Saber mechs, I've got 26 so far, and I love them all.

Communication? I'd always like more communication, but if there was none whatsoever, it wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game, because my enjoyment of the game comes from the game, not the forums.

Ghost heat? It's terrible. I hate it. *shrugs* But whatever, in my years of gaming (and being old enough to have played Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Inception while being old enough to drive, that's enough) I've never found a game where I approved of all the systems. Nevertheless, while Ghost Heat is problematic and causes a lot of collateral damage, it *DID* well and truly smash the meta that existed at the time. I still believe there are many better options, but whatever. This is what we have, and bad as it is, it doesn't wreck the game.

Lack of progress? What the hell is the point of complaining about that? Yeah, I'd like to see things progress faster. But do you seriously feel complaining about it will cause PGI to speed up? They're doing it as fast as they can - they know, as well as you and I - that CW is critical to long-term player retention and attraction. It'll happen when it happens.

So, yeah, whatever. I still certainly enjoy the game, and I'm still looking forward to Community Warfare, whenever it arrives. If it takes too long for me, and I get bored of the current game? I'll just go play something else for a couple months, then check back in a while.

And that's my two unasked for bits. Now, I'll clamber into a mech, and enjoy a couple drops.

#2494 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

They don't matter at all. But they are an indicator for some things that are very wrong in these forums.

#2495 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 29 September 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

They don't matter at all. But they are an indicator for some things that are very wrong in these forums.

Oh I totally agree. It's really annoying when people complain about what gets liked and what doesn't.

#2496 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postsoarra, on 29 September 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

3pv is fine since everyone can use it.. .wow thats as bad as the "ITS still beta excuse"

Did I say it's fine? Also, read between the lines. Better yet, review the triple winks.

Also, would you care to dispute/invalidate my first sentence? Now, what about the second?

Edited by Mystere, 29 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#2497 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 September 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Did I say it's fine? Also, read between the lines. Better yet, review the triple winks.

hard to read with the white glare from the PDF

#2498 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postsoarra, on 29 September 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

hard to read with the white glare from the PDF

Well, your first major error is to mistake me for the so-called PDF then.

#2499 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 September 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well, all this ranting and raving notwithstanding, I'll just chip in and say:

I still have lots of fun in this game, and in fact I've had ever more fun since I started playing.

I don't like 3PV, and don't generally use it. I recognize it does grant an advantage when used as a scouting aid (and will occasionally use it as such) but I'm fine with it overall because:
1) It's implementing in a "realistic" fashion (seriously, stop with the "magical periscope" {Scrap}; there's a clear camera drone, this is no more high tech than a $20 remove control helicopter at 7-11).
2) It's objectively bad in combat. Sure, you can pop a camera out to scout, but when the **** hits the fan, 1PV is where you need to be to compete. That's all I need to enjoy the game.

The game has far, far fewer bugs than it used to. Less bugs - particularly less game breaking bugs - is always good in my books.

Ever more mechs. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but for me? Mechs ARE content. Not counting my Phoenix and Saber mechs, I've got 26 so far, and I love them all.

Communication? I'd always like more communication, but if there was none whatsoever, it wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game, because my enjoyment of the game comes from the game, not the forums.

Ghost heat? It's terrible. I hate it. *shrugs* But whatever, in my years of gaming (and being old enough to have played Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Inception while being old enough to drive, that's enough) I've never found a game where I approved of all the systems. Nevertheless, while Ghost Heat is problematic and causes a lot of collateral damage, it *DID* well and truly smash the meta that existed at the time. I still believe there are many better options, but whatever. This is what we have, and bad as it is, it doesn't wreck the game.

Lack of progress? What the hell is the point of complaining about that? Yeah, I'd like to see things progress faster. But do you seriously feel complaining about it will cause PGI to speed up? They're doing it as fast as they can - they know, as well as you and I - that CW is critical to long-term player retention and attraction. It'll happen when it happens.

So, yeah, whatever. I still certainly enjoy the game, and I'm still looking forward to Community Warfare, whenever it arrives. If it takes too long for me, and I get bored of the current game? I'll just go play something else for a couple months, then check back in a while.

And that's my two unasked for bits. Now, I'll clamber into a mech, and enjoy a couple drops.

People are upset at the lack of progress because PGI spends resources on Ghost Heat + Shake + Inclination invisible walls...

If PGI would have taken easier and better ways to address these gameplay features,
we would already have UI 2.0 and phase 1-2 of CW by now... + more maps n mechs and king of the hill mode...

#2500 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 September 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I would only agree with that if the drone was 100% destoyable and wouldnt come back like the UAV. Otherwise it is magical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users