#2461 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

View Postflipover, on 29 September 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Don't understand why bring this up again but tell me, it's there to help with arm lock? Won't it be a useful tool for players to see around buildings without exposing themselves? Won't it be a useful tool to use when taking heavy AC2 fire to get out of the cockpit and not get all the shakes, helping you to fight back?

"Just click it off or play in 12 groups"
You mean, the only way for us to prevent others from taking advantage of the 3PV is to play in a 12 man? Is that really enough?

Edit - Sorry but what you said makes little to no sense

There is no advantage of 3PV so what you said makes little to no sense

#2462 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

There is, and someone could always post the obvious ones (peeking in 3PV, then going back to shooting in 1PV).

People don't know how to abuse it properly (or just not using it on principle alone) is not my problem.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#2463 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 September 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Revisionist means changing it. They used to communicate. That tapered off, largely due to the attitudes on the Forums.

Would you like to back that up at all? All I've seen and heard from insiders are rumors that it was IGP pushback that made the teamspeak visits stop.

I'm just curious if you can clear it up once and for all for us.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 September 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Honestly? Probably can't. I really don't care for pointless arguments. Too many people on both sides of the divide want to stretch the facts to ridiculous extremes, and TBH, I'm kinda sick of it. I'd rather just drop and blow stuff up.

Perhaps you're just projecting your own feelings onto the devs.

#2464 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 September 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

There is, and someone could always post the obvious ones (peeking in 3PV, then going back to shooting in 1PV).

People don't know how to abuse it properly (or just not using it on principle alone) is not my problem.

Sorry that's not really an advantage. I see no one doing it because it's worthless and not worth the time.

Post all the pictures you want. It doesn't change the fact that in practice it's horrible.

Edited by dymlos2003, 29 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#2465 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Sorry that's not really an advantage. I see no one doing it because it's worthless and not worth the time.

In PUGing, people ignore pretty much half of what is sad in chat, even if it was to tell someone that the enemy is behind them while their back was being shot.

Although it's been disabled in 12-mans, it would have been used.

Ignoring its existence doesn't suddenly mean it has no factor. It's like old saying "if a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?" You're technically saying it doesn't, which is far from the truth.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#2466 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Post all the pictures you want. It doesn't change the fact that in practice it's horrible.

You're probably playing at a low level, one of the people who complained about the 6PPC Stalker as if it were a serious threat, the type of people who had the twin AC/20 Catapult/Jaeger killed.

Seriously if you ever find yourself thinking "magical periscopes are not an advantage" or you find yourself thinking "pulse lasers are good" then you are simply not playing at a reasonable level and should recuse yourself.

#2467 Myssi

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostLysander Voidrunner, on 29 September 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

First and foremost, you have to grasp the concept of sales vs. backing of a product. Sales is literally an exchange of product as is for money. Backing is much more akin to venture capital in it's nature where you are exchanging money for future prospects of rewards which may or may not materialize. It's a little bit like gambling with the exception of the luck part. No court of law would ever support the claims of refund after a year because of broken promises because it wasn't a sale for future delivery.

You didn't actually answer any of my questions.
How is contacting a third party that works in customer complaints, and asking for their assistance or filing a complaint with them considered a fraud?

#2468 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostChronojam, on 29 September 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

You're probably playing at a low level, one of the people who complained about the 6PPC Stalker as if it were a serious threat, the type of people who had the twin AC/20 Catapult/Jaeger killed.

Seriously if you ever find yourself thinking "magical periscopes are not an advantage" or you find yourself thinking "pulse lasers are good" then you are simply not playing at a reasonable level and should recuse yourself.

Sorry but you're wrong. I'm definitely not at a low level and wasn't one of those people. The funny thing you guys forget cause you don't play is the BRIGHT FLASHING drone above the heads of the mechs that give you away. Or how about how the camera zooms in when you get close facing a cliff or side. Oh... right

#2469 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Sorry but you're wrong. I'm definitely not at a low level and wasn't one of those people. The funny thing you guys forget cause you don't play is the BRIGHT FLASHING drone above the heads of the mechs that give you away. Or how about how the camera zooms in when you get close facing a cliff or side. Oh... right

Yes, spot 1 unknown mech, vs spotting whatever your #s are and actual mechs (assuming, you know what mechs are what).

Yes, a fair trade... finding the satellite vs the having a clear view of everything below.

I guess that's "fair".

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#2470 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 September 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yes, spot 1 unknown mech, vs spotting whatever your #s are and actual mechs (assuming, you know what mechs are what).

Yes, a fair trade... finding the satellite vs the having a clear view of everything below.

I guess that's "fair".

Try playing the game cause you ignored my other point

Edited by dymlos2003, 29 September 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#2471 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Try playing the game cause you ignored my other point

Yes, I'm reaching my 5000th kill soon. Thanks for telling me what I already do.

#2472 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 September 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Yes, I'm reaching my 5000th kill soon. Thanks for telling me what I already do.

Then you should know that 3pv gives no advantage are youre just whining for whining sake

#2473 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

I pointed some advantages to you, so there is no advantage because you say so? Hmmmm interesting...

#2474 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Then you should know that 3pv gives no advantage are youre just whining for whining sake

No, it's because I'm lumped in with newbies with 3PV auto-enabled and killed immediately, or veterans that don't use 1PV because they don't need to abuse it because 12-mans don't allow for that and it's worthwhile to practice w/o it than with it.

Sorry if I don't believe you. When 3PV was initially available (but before the removal), I did use it myself in 12-mans for initial scouting. I'm sure a few others did that.

Please, keep trying to find excuses.

#2475 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

No, it's because I'm lumped in with newbies with 3PV auto-enabled and killed immediately, or veterans that don't use 1PV because they don't need to abuse it because 12-mans don't allow for that and it's worthwhile to practice w/o it than with it.

Sorry if I don't believe you. When 3PV was initially available (but before the removal), I did use it myself in 12-mans for initial scouting. I'm sure a few others did that.

Please, keep trying to find excuses.

You're the one using excuses. It's not an advantage. To Flip if you can't fight with the screen shake that says something about your skill. (Not yours flip just the pilots in general)

You guys are grasping at straws. 3pv isn't abusable. It's barely usable to be honest.

How about you guys tallk about something meaningful like how srms sometimes don't register anything? In a constructive manner of course not the usual "LOL PGI SUCKS"

Edited by dymlos2003, 29 September 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#2476 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 29 September 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

You're the one using excuses. It's not an advantage. To Flip if you can't fight with the screen shake that says something about your skill. (Not yours flip just the pilots in general)

You guys are grasping at straws. 3pv isn't abusable. It's barely usable to be honest.

Yes, when you don't have an argument, blame the opponent for having the answers.

I'm sorry for not having CW ready. I'm sorry for not having UI 2.0 ready. I'm sorry if we don't even have a lobby but a poor man's poor facsimile of a messaging system. I'm sorry for watching people disconnect in the first minute of a match (1 per match average).

What's your excuse?

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#2477 Gyprock Gypsy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPlanet Izar

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Wow, 2 years and all you have is a functional death-match? Which is what we had a year ago. 3PV, and mechs that you would have to grind 8 hours, 7 days a week just afford one? Or dish out more that it costs for AN ACTUAL ******* REPLICA of a mech. $39.99 or 40+ hours of effort for an Atlas? Only children with no job or people with to much money (sure as hell not me) would ever be stupid enough to pay for this ****.

I gladly payed $40 to get into the beta, and I'm glad I did, because it was the only time this game was ever worth playing. It was the only time it was ever fun and actually about the developers and community having an open forum about their ideas. As soon as this game launched to open beta, the producers and publishers entirely took over, and turned the whole thing into a slow drip feed of content in order to artificial extend the playability of the game, and maximize profits while laying off or reallocating most the developers and programmers. In my opinion, companies like PGI represent the death of gaming. There are no longer any Bullfrogs, Interplays, or Sir-Techs that put their time effort, and money into games that they want make and see come to fruition because they think it's a good, fun idea.

Oh well, I'm gunna go play some State of Decay. (A game that costs less than a single mid-sized mech!)

#2478 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

How about you guys tallk about something meaningful like how srms sometimes don't register anything? In a constructive manner of course not the usual "LOL PGI SUCKS"

We do, except there's literally no ETA on that fix.

We complain about a lot, and wish for feedback, but get none more often than not.

So, it's just noise to PGI, and the signal is lost, like most of the in-cockpit screens.

#2479 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'll give this one last shot.
Try to understand something here: Using the 3PV to bypass the cockpit shake and therefore counter your opponents fire isn't an excuse for unskilled players, but it is a way to disable the shake and make it a LOT easier for you to respond. This is just a small example of things people can do, and believe me, once the CW comes out and we are fighting for more than C-Bills, I will make sure to use 3PV as much as possible to my advantage.

And if I will do it, others will too. What will happen to the game then? Well, if memory serves, other MW releases almost died due to such things.

All in all, people will always find a way to abuse it and believe me when I tell you that will happen.
I don't want the game to go on that road and for that reason (I love MW and BT too much to see it crash and burn, or even the chance of that happening) I am opposed to 3VP.
I know it has advantages, I know it can be abused and saying it's not a benefit on the battlefield is just like closing your eyes and say we can't see the people around us, therefore they don't exist.

Edited by flipover, 29 September 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#2480 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostRebel Magistrate, on 29 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Wow, 2 years and all you have is a functional death-match? Which is what we had a year ago. 3PV, and mechs that you would have to grind 8 hours, 7 days a week just afford one? Or dish out more that it costs for AN ACTUAL ******* REPLICA of a mech. $39.99 or 40+ hours of effort for an Atlas? Only children with no job or people with to much money (sure as hell not me) would ever be stupid enough to pay for this ****.

I gladly payed $40 to get into the beta, and I'm glad I did, because it was the only time this game was ever worth playing. It was the only time it was ever fun and actually about the developers and community having an open forum about their ideas. As soon as this game launched to open beta, the producers and publishers entirely took over, and turned the whole thing into a slow drip feed of content in order to artificial extend the playability of the game, and maximize profits while laying off or reallocating most the developers and programmers. In my opinion, companies like PGI represent the death of gaming. There are no longer any Bullfrogs, Interplays, or Sir-Techs that put their time effort, and money into games that they want make and see come to fruition because they think it's a good, fun idea.

Oh well, I'm gunna go play some State of Decay. (A game that costs less than a single mid-sized mech!)

A whole lot of assumption in that post. If you've talked to the devs like I have. They are very passionate about this game and care for it a whole lot. It takes time to program from scratch a whole UI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users