54 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

You can see the latest Command Chair post from the Dev Team here: http://mwomercs.com/...ommon-features/

Spoiler

We welcome your opinions on these upcoming features!

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

This all sounds great. How soon to test?

Will this do away with the 4/12 player groups and allow us to create groups of any size again?

Edited by Roadbeer, 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#3 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

With how longer it will take to set up a match (it seems longer) will there be an increase in CBs to compensate?

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

This all sounds great. How soon to test?

a year?

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 02 December 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm not even sure why there's no damage breakdown per player and death/damage paperdolls for each player in the results screen.

It's so common in FPS games to have actual breakdowns which are useful to people that care about how effective they are (not necessarily an e-peen thing, but more of an analysis tool).

#5 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 02 December 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

With how longer it will take to set up a match (it seems longer) will there be an increase in CBs to compensate?

Seems like longer set up, quicker regroup/relaunch. Good trade off for us "Evil Premades"

#6 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Questions:

1. The "Launch Module" will dramatically increase the amount of time required to play a match, further lowering the already weak return rate for these things. Will CBill / XP / etc rewards be increased to compensate for this?

2. Will there be a time limit on the "Ready" screen? There needs to be one to avoid people griefing by doing nothing and not readying up.

3. What is it going to take for PGI to *finally* dump end of round stats / info into a .txt file on the local machine? This needs to be done. It's like a two hour project for a half competent programmer.

4. In this quote "These include their full name, faction association if any, rating, currently selected `Mech, their DropShip contents, ping, and ready state." What is meant by the term "rating"? Are you exposing ELO rating here?

Edited by Banditman, 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#7 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostBanditman, on 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Questions:

1. The "Launch Module" will dramatically increase the amount of time required to play a match, further lowering the already weak return rate for these things. Will CBill / XP / etc rewards be increased to compensate for this?

2. Will there be a time limit on the "Ready" screen? There needs to be one to avoid people griefing by doing nothing and not readying up.

3. What is it going to take for PGI to *finally* dump end of round stats / info into a .txt file on the local machine? This needs to be done. It's like a two hour project for a half competent programmer.

4. In this quote "These include their full name, faction association if any, rating, currently selected `Mech, their DropShip contents, ping, and ready state." What is meant by the term "rating"? Are you exposing ELO rating here?

On 2 there will be a CB bonus for readying up quickly so there's that.

#8 Senor Fuego

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

How do modules come into play with the dropship? Say I have Advanced Zoom unlocked and I want it to be placed on whichever mech I choose from my dropship.

Do I choose the modules I want to use for my selected mech in the dropship 'lobby' or does each mechs' modules already need to be established? I'm hoping that it's the former...

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Thank you, all sounds great.

#10 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostSenor Fuego, on 02 December 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

How do modules come into play with the dropship? Say I have Advanced Zoom unlocked and I want it to be placed on whichever mech I choose from my dropship.

Do I choose the modules I want to use for my selected mech in the dropship 'lobby' or does each mechs' modules already need to be established? I'm hoping that it's the former...

You know it is the latter though.

#11 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostSenor Fuego, on 02 December 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

From the post it specifically only says consumables can be added/removed at the Ready screen. I expect other non-consumable modules cannot be changed when you get to the 'lobby'. Make sense since consumables can be used up and the player forgets to repurchase it.

#12 Bane Sidhe

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Is this basically a lobby system in which we'll be placed into a lobby once we search for a game, select a role (mech) from a pre-determined selection that we've queued up (dropship), and once the lobby is balanced, we'll go to a pre-game ready screen, and then begin the actual match? If so, it sounds very similar to something like tf2lobby.com, in a good way.

#13 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Nice to see PGI is finally promising us features people have been asking for for the past two years. I wonder how long its going to take them to actually implement it? Any guesses?

#14 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 02 December 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Nice to see PGI is finally promising us features people have been asking for for the past two years. I wonder how long its going to take them to actually implement it? Any guesses?

SoonTM

#15 Siriothrax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

How long does it take for the escalated shuffle fee to go back down?

What happens to my escalated shuffle fee if I quit out after a match and requeue for a new team?

Will we be stuck with underperforming members of the team until one of us decides to leave?

What happens if people can't come to a consensus on what mechs they're going to bring?

How big of a group will be able to drop together into these public matches?

What happens if every team you come up against decides to pay the shuffle fee, but if and only if it's against you (ie everyone plays out their other matches, but refuses to play you)?

Edited by Siriothrax, 02 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#16 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

great I take tues tomorrow it will be launched right? since you said this would be done a long time ago. Not that today your testing of UI 2.0 only has skeleton and no features.
I take it launch then right?

How about a solo q away from premades and an ability to communicate with pug groups?
How about fixing the MM?
How about fixing the grind?

How about anything but a sale on a mech or mc?

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 December 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

SoonTM

tomorrow it is only a day a way after all!

Ask again tomorrow for the exact same answer!

I lobe dis game!

#17 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

a group is unlocked by default

Can we lock before the lobby opens, or is it a race to see if we can click fast enough?

Players can customize add or remove consumables to their currently readied `Mech

Missing punctuation aside, what about nonconsumable modules?

The player list view will need to display relevant information about each player currently involved in the match. These include their full name, faction association if any, rating, currently selected `Mech, their DropShip contents, ping, and ready state

Elo rating?

Players will be held at the post game summary screen for [60] seconds before returning to the ready screen

Posted Image

Edited by Felio, 02 December 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#18 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

The UI 2.0 has a new currency on it. Probably faction based. Like Davion Dollars or some silly thing that only works for Autocannons and Davion mechs. That could lower the grind.

#19 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

so we will need to pay MC to buy slots 3-8?

#20 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostFelio, on 02 December 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Elo rating?

Ooh, I hope so!

1 user(s) are reading this topic