Clan Collections - Feedback

7768 replies to this topic

#2921 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

To be fair, all of these mechs will be available for c-bills.
*Some Day*.

But it sounds like it could be 12 months+ before all of these are released. Possibly 18 months to 2 years for a c-bill variant?
Which means if I am not willing to spend a lot of money on mechs I don't want, I could be looking at 6 months for a clan mech I want.

And if these mechs cost $50 million. .
I've been trying to save up for a new chassis forever.
These clan chassis could take months of real-time for me to get in enough games.

The price points made more sense when there were more mechs.
Now, there are so many mechs in game if they just introduced them all . . .

I'm also afraid of a 4 month delay. The 4 month delay on the battlemaster (paying vs non-paying) only worked because the battlemaster and thunderbolt were tier 2 mechs. Waiting for the Timberwolf and Dire Wolf 8 months after paying customers? There are not many games I have played for more than 8 months.

I think they need to give more appreciation to "gotta catch 'em all" players.

But yeah, still suffering sticker shock here.

Maybe though in 6 months I'll want premium time.
:-p.

#2922 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostKaijin, on 14 December 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

IGP's company motto should be "Thar she blows!"

It's readily apparent now it's a whaling company. It's all they're interested in.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the "Official" PGI logo makine a resurgence here..

#2923 Balsover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Nope, screw this, I'm done. Uninstalled.

#2924 wirikidor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC USA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Wasn't this thread over 200 pages? I guess the mods are busy.

#2925 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostMaxQuatro, on 14 December 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

i think ALL "owned" pics in this thread simply html code mod ;)
my pics - shots of modifyed html pages

Photoshop is your friend.

#2926 eaglemaster42

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

I would almost consider going as high as the dire wolf package, but there just isn't enough information about how the clans will even be implemented.

#2927 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Maybe my problem with this is that there isn't any instant gratification... If I go and spend 240$ on this RIGHT NOW, and log into the game... The mechs aren't there... In fact I seriously doubt they are anything other than concept at this point... So you want me to buy this, and then wait six months for you to deliver on a promise. (which I'm sure we will have many other packs and reinforcements to buy until then) If that's the case then Bad Form PGI... Bad Form.

#2928 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Whoever made this.....

Posted Image

Your going to be immortal!!!

#2929 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

At least they could leave away the 90 days of Premium Time... This would make the package at least a bit cheaper... Who needs Premium Time anyway?

#2930 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Posteaglemaster42, on 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

I would almost consider going as high as the dire wolf package, but there just isn't enough information about how the clans will even be implemented.

"Clans won't be better than IS!"
"Buy our Clan pack now for $240"

I still laugh that they think they can balance IS vs Clan ton for ton. They can't and they are either dumb as hell, or lying.

In order to make stuff like, say, a 5 ton LRM/20 balanced you'd have to make the missiles do an hilarious .5 a hit or something and even then that's awful.

Plus we're talking people who can't balance a freaking flamer after two years.

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#2931 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

If they want money I'd really prefer that PGI sell the IP rights to battletech rather than charge the fanbase outrageous prices for a f2p game.

As long as we don't see another 10 year legal battle I'm willing to wait while another company makes the mechwarrior game we've all been waiting for.

#2932 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Can we get an alternate gold package that includes PGI selling the game to another company already?

A shame IGP and PGI are in bed, because IGP should have replaced PGI just like they replaced the Tactics dev.*

* Or just fire the 5-6 people ruining everything.

MW:O is really really frustrating because it's so close to really good but then keeps getting smacked down by dumb decisions.

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#2933 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

View Postbeefridge, on 14 December 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

Can't be said enough.

#2934 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

"Clans won't be better than IS!"
"Buy our Clan pack now for $240"

I still laugh that they think they can balance IS vs Clan ton for ton. They can't and they are either dumb as hell, or lying.

In order to make stuff like, say, a 5 ton LRM/20 balanced you'd have to make the missiles do an hilarious .5 a hit or something and even then that's awful.

Plus we're talking people who can't balance a freaking flamer after two years.

The only good way to do it is with something akin to Battle Value, but that would probably completely destroy their matching system. The technical challenges are looking grim at this point

#2935 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

I love how the FAQ for this "collection" doesn't actually answer any of the Frequently Asked Questions about the "collection".

#2936 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

"Call me Ishmael..."

That will be a good opening line when the Story about PGI and MWO is going be told.
I still have no clue who your Captain Ahab is...

Edited by Thorqemada, 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#2937 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Posteaglemaster42, on 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Like every other new mech?

I think PGI is afraid implementing anything other than new mechs will cause even more client crashes and the scam will fall through.

#2938 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

You know I do have to give PGI credit.

After people's disgust with Ghost Heat burned out most the rioters..
After 3PV burned out twice that number..

.. I thought they had nowhere left to go, and no demographic left to **** off that was left. Then they go and do something so nuts even their strongest supporters are now rioting.

Bravo. I underestimated "Rock bottom."

#2939 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostButane9000, on 14 December 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Okay here's my feed back. Obviously lost to the depths of the thread.

1.) Concept Art - It's amazing. It's everything I thought it would/could be and more. You should go take Alex out for drinks and dinner over this work.

2.) Costs - Dang that's expensive. But like the Phoenix Packages it's reasonable when you look at what your getting. I probably won't buy it because I can't choose the actual mechs I want (Mad Dog/Vulture, Ice Ferret etc.).

3.) Shameless Cash Grab - So close to the end of the Phoenix Project and right on the heels of it's closing. I can't help but think this is just a pathetic and shameless cash grab. I'm sorry but that's the truth. Also just looking at the "Gold Khan" skin I mean come on. $500 for a freaking golden skin? How is that not a cash grab over peoples love and affection for these mechs.

4.) Lack of Information - You have given no information over the mechs and how they work and what some of the other items are. Now your FAQ says the Omnimech information is coming soon but if you want people who aren't extreme fan boys to buy this they need more information. How do Omnimechs work? What are these War Horns? What are the titles and how are they going to be displayed? What are the bonus modules? Are they extra module slots? If so that makes them slightly overpowered in some of the additional things you can run in it. It would also be nice to know how Clan tech and Inner Sphere tech will work together if at all.

5.) Release Date - June... 6 months away. Yea no way I'm buying this at all until right at the end and only if Community Warfare and User Interface 2.0 is out and running for at least 2-3 months before it (which means you have to release UI2.0/CW no later then March). But hey! Your taking your sweet time with those and continuing to just funnel mechs down our throats to try and keep us happy.

6.) Priorities - Shouldn't UI 2.0 and then Community Warfare be your top priorities right now? We've waited over a year for community warfare and we've been waiting nearly a year for UI2.0. Get these things out already and stop making excuses. Then focus on making the grind more unique for each chassis by changing the pilot trees.

7.) Release Schedule - December (Moon base, Thunderbolt, UI2.0?), January (Battlemaster, CW P1?, UI2.0?), February (Griffin, New Map?, CW P2?), March (Wolverine, CW P3?), April (IS Light?, New Map?), May (IS Assault?), June (Clan pack, CW expansion). You see all of the above? That's just random conjecture and assumptions because you keep us intentionally in the dark. I understand you don't want to give hard dates. But with the excessive push backs and delays I believe it's high time you make the release schedule more public. Just tell us what month your aiming for.

8.) Overview - Many of us saw this coming a mile away. It's about what I expect for the most part but it comes far far earlier then I could have ever expected. Parts of it are undoubtedly a shameless cash grab and other parts seem about as fair as the Phoenix Package. Still ridiculously priced as far as F2P is concerned. If I seem agitated or upset in my post it's because for the most part I have stopped playing this game recently. Mostly because newer and better games have come out. But by evidence of me typing I haven't forgotten about MWO and keep my eye on it.

Stop trying to funnel mechs down our throats to keep our interest. Give us UI2.0 and Community Warfare like you promised us a year ago. Then get to work on the Clans. There should be no excuse why those 2 systems/features shouldn't be released in the next two months considering all the delays.

This. This. This and This again.

View PostButane9000, on 14 December 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Stop trying to funnel mechs down our throats to keep our interest. Give us UI2.0 and Community Warfare like you promised us a year ago. Then get to work on the Clans. There should be no excuse why those 2 systems/features shouldn't be released in the next two months considering all the delays.

And this even moar.

My take: I hope these packs are left available, because if you want to see more money for me, UI 2.0 with smurfy-like mechlab, CW and BALANCE without the darn ghost heat must be available for the time you decide to retire these packs from being available.

The game is in a poor state, collecting mechs isn't working.

And again, as with the Phoenix, no darn way to pick up the chosen mechs like it happened with the Elite founder, #1 motivation I didn't bought any Phoenix pack. #2 is that I saw this (read: clan arrival) coming from miles away ;)

#2940 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hey, PGI. Here's a protip for you.

After the big money? Sell the IP. That will be a big payday! I mean, you [fine gentlemen] have more or less guaranteed the slow death of this game with your scams, money-grabs, lies, and false marketing.

Quit now, while you've still got a healthy bank account, and a scrap of a reputation left.

Wargaming.net would probably love to get ahold of this IP. Sell it to them, seriously just do it. Make an offer. They couldn't do worse a job than you, hell, even EA Games would have done better than you. Just do it, bow out gracefully. Don't embarrass yourselves any more than you already have.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users