93 replies to this topic

#41 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Exclusive, and elusive! I envy you, and wish they'd put it up for sale for us players from across the oceans, too. I've not seen it too often, but it really looked nicely on those 'Mechs I've seen it on!

#42 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image

#43 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 04 January 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

Exclusive, and elusive! I envy you, and wish they'd put it up for sale for us players from across the oceans, too. I've not seen it too often, but it really looked nicely on those 'Mechs I've seen it on!

Oh EU and other players weren't eligible for the PC Gamer skin and stuff? I didn't know. Did the registration detect a non US IP address?? That sucks I didn't realize. ;)

View PostTyberion, on 04 January 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

Tyberion that Atlas is popping! Love the colors you've used.

#44 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostStomp, on 05 January 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Oh EU and other players weren't eligible for the PC Gamer skin and stuff? I didn't know. Did the registration detect a non US IP address?? That sucks I didn't realize. :(
No, I don't think that would have been an issue, but only the US version of the magazine had the code.
I'm sure some other players elsewhere throughout the world were able to get their hands on it via friends in the states or maybe hunting down a (probably more expensive) offer for the US issue on ebay etc, but needless to say, that's not quite the same availability. :ph34r:

#45 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 05 January 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

No, I don't think that would have been an issue, but only the US version of the magazine had the code.
I'm sure some other players elsewhere throughout the world were able to get their hands on it via friends in the states or maybe hunting down a (probably more expensive) offer for the US issue on ebay etc, but needless to say, that's not quite the same availability. :ph34r:

Well I know a lot of people were using the codes that were posted online, somebody posted the questions asked and their answers on Pastebin and were using it that way to share the skin with people.

#46 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostStomp, on 05 January 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Well I know a lot of people were using the codes that were posted online, somebody posted the questions asked and their answers on Pastebin and were using it that way to share the skin with people.
Questions and answers? Did I miss something? :ph34r:

#47 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 06 January 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Questions and answers? Did I miss something? :wub:

Well not everybody that got it was a subscriber, because the people who WERE subscribers shared the questions online so they could get the skin and colors. One of the guys I used to play with got it like that...

#48 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostStomp, on 06 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Well not everybody that got it was a subscriber, because the people who WERE subscribers shared the questions online so they could get the skin and colors. One of the guys I used to play with got it like that...
What questions, though? The way PC Gamer itself makes it sound like, they just handed out codes - one per magazine purchase.

Did they have some sort of online questionnaire to distribute the keys for digital subscribers rather than simply e-mailing it? :D

Sorry for the confusion, this just sounds weird. :P

#49 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thought I'd save Mana the trouble, this is the 3rd Takata Paint. Our motto is, "Camouflage is for Davion"
Posted Image

This is my standard Kuritan Catapult C1, you know it's Kuritan because I brought a PPC
Posted Image

Edited by rageagainstthedyingofthelight, 07 January 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#50 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 06 January 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

What questions, though? The way PC Gamer itself makes it sound like, they just handed out codes - one per magazine purchase.

Did they have some sort of online questionnaire to distribute the keys for digital subscribers rather than simply e-mailing it? :D

Sorry for the confusion, this just sounds weird. :P

Each magazine had a code printed in it, but for people who "lost" their mag or were digital subscribers, they also had a website you could go to and answer a series of random questions related to the magazine (i.e. "What's the first word on page xx?) to get a code as well. There were a lot of possible questions so it wasn't just like 3 easily shared answers. Personally I bought 2 magazines and then used the website to get a 3rd code for a spare account.

Edited by Rat of the Legion Vega, 06 January 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#51 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

Ah, I see! A bit sad that I missed this opportunity. Either way,domo! ;)

Rage: I fear those images aren't showing, probably because flickr has always been a bit weird when it comes to hotlinking. Perhaps re-upload them on imageshack or something?

#52 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Okay......Trying that again while cursing photostream for making me look like a noob...

#53 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Working now. Nice ones, especially the 2nd!

#54 Boxfish

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hi All!

Hajimashite. Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Great idea Stomp-san! I have loved this thead, specially your designs and those of Kyone Akashi! Superb! As Dleroq, couriosly enough, I had come to the same camo in my Kintaro as the Dieron Regulars.

Im not japanese, but very fond of that country and culture,thats why I play Kurita. And thats why I purchased the Yen lo Wang as soon as I saw it (althoug its a chinese name, they painted it as the Imperial or Navy flag. I like camos thats represent Japan's flag for Kurita mechs like the Dragon and Kintaro.

Byte way,from whredo you get ino about 'the real' camo of Kurita'real' units? From the old Battletech Camo Specs book? Id love to fight in a Ryuken regiment camo!! Smebody know about it?

Wish I play with you in a fight sometime.

Best regards from Spain from a 20 plus years Battletech player.

Arigato! Ja mata!!!

#55 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostBoxfish, on 07 January 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Byte way,from whredo you get ino about 'the real' camo of Kurita'real' units? From the old Battletech Camo Specs book? Id love to fight in a Ryuken regiment camo!! Smebody know about it?
The easiest way would probably be the Camospecs website, as it features a lot of collected quotes from various canon sources. The exact interpretation may still rest with the individual reader, though.
Sometimes you can also catch official pictures in one of the books, either as miniatures on photos, or as artworks. For example, this image from the Field Manual: Draconis Combine shows the colors of the 5th Ryuken:

Posted Image
The Field Manual has a short description for every single regiment of the DCMS. If you want, I (or someone else) can look up the Ryuken regiments' colors and post some quotes here!

Looking forward to fight by your side against the enemies of the Dragon.

Yoroshiku!

#56 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostBoxfish, on 07 January 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hi All!

Hajimashite. Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Great idea Stomp-san! I have loved this thead, specially your designs and those of Kyone Akashi! Superb! As Dleroq, couriosly enough, I had come to the same camo in my Kintaro as the Dieron Regulars.

Im not japanese, but very fond of that country and culture,thats why I play Kurita. And thats why I purchased the Yen lo Wang as soon as I saw it (althoug its a chinese name, they painted it as the Imperial or Navy flag. I like camos thats represent Japan's flag for Kurita mechs like the Dragon and Kintaro.

Wish I play with you in a fight sometime.

Best regards from Spain from a 20 plus years Battletech player.

Arigato! Ja mata!!!
  • The standard Ryuken paint scheme is charcoal gray, with each regiment having its own accenting color. All units apply the Kurita dragon crest to the left thigh of BattleMechs and near the exhaust ports of AeroSpace Fighters.
  • The Ryuken insignia is a dragon curling around a katana sword, drawn with rich detail.

This was pulled straight from sarna.net

I really suggest looking on Sarna for more information! It's a treasure trove of Battletech knowledge on all kinds of things, sourced from Technical Readouts (TROs) and some apocryphal sources, such as the Battletech novels. I look forward to fighting with you! Also, if you're interested in joining a merc corp in preparation for Community Warfare, either because sometimes playing solo gets old, or just looking for friends, I think you'd like the Ryuken-Ni! They're one of the Ryuken Regiments, I'm pretty sure the second regiment if my Japanese is at all correct. They have a recruitment thread here: http://mwomercs.com/...eaoceania-unit/

Or, take a gander at any of the other House Kurita units, I'm sure there's a place for you with one of them. :)
http://mwomercs.com/...-and-resources/

I'm personally not aligned as House Kurita per se, but as a member of Comstar Irregulars we try not to hold House allegiances too tightly. We're mercs, don't you know. Gotta play nice with everybody. :P

Edited by Stomp, 07 January 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#57 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 07 January 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

The easiest way would probably be the Camospecs website, as it features a lot of collected quotes from various canon sources. The exact interpretation may still rest with the individual reader, though.
Sometimes you can also catch official pictures in one of the books, either as miniatures on photos, or as artworks. For example, this image from the Field Manual: Draconis Combine shows the colors of the 5th Ryuken:

The Field Manual has a short description for every single regiment of the DCMS. If you want, I (or someone else) can look up the Ryuken regiments' colors and post some quotes here!

Looking forward to fight by your side against the enemies of the Dragon.

Yoroshiku!

Excellent information! Thanks Akashi. :)

#58 Dinsdale Ito Piranha

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Would have pulled a eye-tooth if there was a 7th Ghost Regt....just always loved that scheme.Even had a couple of minis for tabletop painted as such.

Edited by Dinsdale Ito Piranha, 07 January 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#59 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostDinsdale Ito Piranha, on 07 January 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Would have pulled a eye-tooth if there was a 7th Ghost Regt....just always loved that scheme.Even had a couple of minis for tabletop painted as such.

Well the devs have stated that groups and solo players will be able to work Contracts for House Units, and at higher levels will be able to earn skins or decals. Here's to hoping the Ghost Regiments will have some fly yakuza skins with dragon scale gold scale kill counts and such. And of course the Kurita emblem embossed on a leg or arm. :lol:

#60 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

And back to paint jobs! Hard at work, this time I have the 10th Pesht Regulars, Galedon Regulars, and the Ryuken Amphigean Light Assault Group. :lol:

First is the 10th Pesht Regulars:
Posted Image

Posted Image

These use the Raider pattern, which seems to make for really cool layouts where a parade or unit camo might call for mostly one color, with two subcolors as accents. These are light camo grey, with a green and blue accent.

And the Galedon Regulars, whose paint is just white with jade green accents:
Posted Image

The green is called "Zelenoo", but "Pigment" looks really eye popping too! There's no "right" way to choose a color. It's always up to interpretation of the TROs.

And last but not least, one of the Ryuken units, which as a whole is the This is the Amphigean Light Assault Group. They use actual camouflage during ops, so when there is a need for parade they go with dusky grey, with rust marks and black scorch paintjobs.

edit: NOT part of Ryuken lol. Because I apparently cannot read.

Posted Image

This one was really tricky, as we don't have a "battle damage" skin or the like yet. So I used Applejack, which is pretty nasty.

Edited by Stomp, 14 January 2014 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users