always good reads, and no snarkyness ;)

Snarkyness?

#62 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 15 February 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

I've already made two missions. I think I will just sub some Mechs for others (i.e Summoner for Thunderbolt). And I'll leave it to y'all to make the variants. Use your own or stick with UD Mechs.

This is actually a spoiler for once, so beware.
Spoiler

Variants as in following the guidelines here, like lets say actually editing the object files to fit your own variants, though that would be quite a lot of work due to the many variants. Good that you made two missions; about the last mission, do you mean here or in wolfman-x?

#63 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postluxebo, on 15 February 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Variants as in following the guidelines here, like lets say actually editing the object files to fit your own variants, though that would be quite a lot of work due to the many variants. Good that you made two missions; about the last mission, do you mean here or in wolfman-x?

I cannot manage to get the object files to work. And last mission here (if I can find the time to type it all up)

#64 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

-:DOCUMENT BEGINS:-

This is the will of Errikkan Krigaren.
+To his wife Melissa Krigaren, whom he loves, he gives all his belongings not mentioned otherwise in this document.
+To the mercenaries who marched with him and his men, he offers the Mechs donated to them and fifteen million for their troubles, along with the Federation of Free Systems Badge of First Class Military Honors for all pilots involved in the campaign.
+To his son Leonard Krigaren, he gives his lucky 14 karat Gold Coin.
+To his military company, he gives the Star Nova Badge, for participating in all strikes against the United Sol Pact.
+To any military units who participated in this campaign he gives the Federation of Free Systems Badge of First Class Military Honors along with their respective earnings.
+And lastly, to his brother and arms and friend Iah Chlassman, he gives his personal HNG-732, both the original Mech and the blueprints. He also bestows the title of Martial First Commander to Iah Chlassman.

-:DOCUMENT ENDS:-

And now for documents regarding the people and places in this, along with what I plan to do with this story I have.

Federation of Free Systems
Spoiler

United Sol Pact
Spoiler

What happened to the Krigarens?
Spoiler

What happened to Iah Chlassman?
Spoiler

What happened to the mercenaries?
Spoiler

What do I plan to do?
Spoiler

It is with some regret that I won't be adding to the story on this thread. Others can submit builds and things of that such, but I will be posting my builds in another thread (TBM).

Tomorrow I will compile all the build links into one neat post.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 15 February 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#65 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 15 February 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

I cannot manage to get the object files to work. And last mission here (if I can find the time to type it all up)

Ok, I see, got confused for a second on the word last mission.

Object file editing works like this: Open the excel file, copy and paste a variant of your choosing, and place weapons/armor/heat sinks/etc of your choosing (which is what allows the 'Renard's Atlas' to be created, as Microsoft did a cheap maneuver of giving Renard JJs in the Excel file.) One thing that happens as a bug however is when creating variants, certain other variants or the one you created glitches out and has minimal armor and starts damaged, I've never figured the rootcause of such. Need to question on whats wrong there, not sure exactly.

This could then be used to recreate Ugly Day builds, which then can be used to create atmosphere (maybe when the enemy captures the Ugly Day builds and puts them to use themselves). Another thing you could do is state the Ugly Day builds in the briefing or similar and let the player construct them on their own.

I think when Warlords of the Rim Colonies comes out with a new editor, I think I may want to base a campaign off of MWO actually (assuming by that time there is enough maps, mechs, weapons, and etc.) I'll see about that. ;)

#66 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

yeah, no snarkyness.
just people being cool and writing nice fluff.

:angry:

Edited by Nehkrosis, 16 February 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#67 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostNehkrosis, on 16 February 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

writing nice fluff.

Not sure you understand the internet definition of 'fluff' writing.

But yeah, if I were a mod I'd make a subforum for on-topic discussions and delete anything that didn't relate to the original topic. Then the forums would be so much nicer... and PGI might know what on earth we're talking about.

#68 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

All op UD Mechs (I count 30) (User-builds not included)

So I'll make my Smurfy build/tactical tips thread soon. In essence, people can ask me questions and I'll answer them (i.e what mech do you think I'd like to pilot based on my tactics, what is a good strategy for taking on this Mech, etc.)

Edited by DavidHurricane, 17 February 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#69 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

The new build/tactics thread is now online.

#70 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Another update regarding UD:

Just tried the Lucifer.

Even without DHSs that thing is awesome! So much splash ;)

#71 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

The Lucifer

So, I'm sure many people have seen this Mech. But this is the reason why I want you all to try that one at least.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone uses these builds. But I just played a match. Now even though we lost, and I died early on, I want you to take a look at what I did even though I only used about half the ammo.

Posted Image

Note that I didn't get many kills either. but look at the damage. If you're like me, 300-400 is your average. This Mech pushes me to 600-900. So if you want high damage, use this build. If you want super high damage, use this Mech on Conquest, where CQC is the normal situation. If you want doom and destruction, use a lance of these on Conquest.

Anyone else tried these builds? Any good matches you've had with them?

Edited by DavidHurricane, 30 August 2014 - 02:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users