#1 Flitzomat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Dear fellow Mechwarriors, Dear PGI

Almost 1 year has passed since Sarah has left us.

We have never forgotten her nor the children of the world. This is why we want to enthuse you for the following ideas:

Give us another Mech we can donate for; for the children around the entire world. As we are an international community we are open for any kind of international organization that has far outreach. For example UNICEF or Medicins sans frontieres.
  • Please select a variety of organizations and causes we can vote for. As this is a community driven event the decision making process should be rooted on a democratic fundament.
  • Give us the possibility to donate independently of the Mech for exactly this cause. There are more than enough people that want to donate because of their inner conviction, without expecting something in return. It showed last time that many wanted to purchase more than one Sarah’s Jenner and were not able to. This would also give the units the possibility to collect donations or organize charity events and tournaments. To make this possible you might initiate a “Sarah´s foundation” (in cooperation with the parents?). This Foundation could collect the donations each year and forward them to the community selected charity organization. This foundation could be even routed in Battletech if you build a story around it: A Terran organization devoted to charity…
  • We would ask you, PGI, to donate 1$ for every 10$ donated. We are well aware of the fact that you are a company aiming for profits. But we also know that you have the hearts of true Mechwarriors.
  • Turn the 1st of March into an annual MW:O fundraising event for the children of the world . It started this day and it shall not end before this game.

PGI. We know that we catch you with this suggestion in the middle of exciting times. There are many new things you have to work on, have to get tuned or fixed. But we are sure that some of you want to donate a little effort and some spare time to make this event happening.

We are certain that the entire community would reward your effort with gratitude. We know for sure that the children of our would, if we can help making it a better place.

Furthermore we would like you PGI to invite us, the community, to support you with this task.
We can come up with concepts, videos and spreading the word. Since the old days of Battletech this community has proven to be the best and most durable around the world.

This is not my idea and the initiative is backed by many Solo Players and members of the German Units and Houses. I am sure the international community will back this too.
If you support this sign with your like.

#2 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,591 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

agree-do it!

Edited by Mighty Spike, 12 March 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#3 H E A V Y G A U S S

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

+1

#4 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

+1

#5 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

+1

#6 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Please do not simply +1 a post. It's essentially a non-content post and this is against the code of conduct. To express your like for an idea or post, we have the like function.

I know some of you worked together on the suggestion and it is hard to post an oppinion on a suggestion, if your oppinion is already posted with the OP. But I also know, that you are creative and can come up with posts that have a little more content then a simple +1. ;)

This is just a reminder for the future. As I am supportive of the idea (except for the "1 dollar from PGI/IGP per 10 dollars spend by players" part) and also somehow involved in its creation, I'll not be able to moderate this thread. But other moderators might want to.

Edited by Egomane, 09 March 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#7 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Your are right Egomane. So let me explain why i support this idea.

Around 10 months ago, the 23 May of 2013 the community came together to support an idea. As we not forget this time of unity, we wants to continue this yourney.

I will never forget our little mechwarrior nor the family, friends and supporters. For me the battletech community is one of the best i ever seen.

Let it not end till this game end!

#8 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

You want to do a donation drive or whatever, YOU set it up and keep it going. Don't put it on PGI's shoulders.

Your "many Solo Players and members of the German Units and Houses" that are interested in this have a LOT more collective free time and fundage than PGI/IGP ever will.

Do it yourselves, get Sarah's parents involved if they want to be, have it linked on every MW:O-related site out there, send the story in to some gaming magazines, etc. It's a community initiative, so have the members of the community do it.

Leave PGI to concentrate on the game.

I also am against PGI giving away the money I have spent on this game. They can do another Sarah's 'Mech where players can choose to donate, but the money I spent on MC or a Clan Package or whatever should go to development of the game, not to a charity.

#9 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

+1

#10 Mekaniax

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

+1

#11 Onai Tekimata

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

+1

#12 KDE Ares

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

+1

I want to see a new charity event comes reality.
In my Opinion it´s not realy nesessary wich of these NGO´s are supported in the end. It is about a statement from the MWO Comuntiy and PGI. We are keeping in mind that many people out where have a bad life.

sry for that poor english. I hope you understand what I want to say

Edited by KDE Ares, 10 March 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#13 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostIothil, on 10 March 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

+1

View PostMekaniax, on 10 March 2014 - 02:46 AM, said:

+1

View PostOnai Tekimata, on 10 March 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

+1

View PostKDE Ares, on 10 March 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

+1

Wow, way to read guys...

View PostEgomane, on 09 March 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Please do not simply +1 a post. It's essentially a non-content post and this is against the code of conduct. To express your like for an idea or post, we have the like function.

Ignoring the moderators is always a good way to make a positive impression with the people you are trying to influence...

Edited by LauLiao, 10 March 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#14 Isoru Koga

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 26 posts
  • LocationX: 486,02 / Y: 191,66 Cerberus, Cerberus City

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

+1

#15 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

maybe a +2 is better ?

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

I've suggested a Sarah's Jenner cockpit statue as a good option. However, I've heard a very interesting opinion on the idea of an annual Sarah's sale: Don't do it because it makes it harder for her family because it will reopen a wound every year. And that's a fair point.

An annual Sarah's sale item is a great idea, and I'm fully behind it. Just check with her family to make sure they're cool with it, that's all.

#17 DarkHurry

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBavaria/ Germany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

+1

#18 Mornelin

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

+1

#19 Flitzomat

• 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostKDE Ares, on 10 March 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

In my Opinion it´s not realy nesessary wich of these NGO´s are supported in the end. It is about a statement from the MWO Comuntiy and PGI.

This is our idea summed up in very few words, Thank you for that.

Also this is supposed to start a discussion inside the community what we can do. If the community thinks one$ by PGI ain`t a good idea (its a valid argument Durant Carlyle gave) that´s no problem to skip it if we get the rest done.

The bigger problem is that there is no discussion starting at all.

#20 Yori

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users