Why Pgi Nerfed Victor !?!?

89 replies to this topic

#1 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

I buy, BUY, B U Y a DRAGON SLAYER and now.... it's a crappy pachyderm.

Imagine that you buy a smartphone and after a firmware upgrade you discover that the signal strength was nerfed.... I could write billion of other examples involving buyed items.....

I can have a refund? I must contact support?

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Nah, it is still fine. Just not super OP.

#3 Judge Redeemer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Deal with it, its not supposed to be medium on steroids its an assault class!

Edited by Judge Redeemer, 18 March 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

just another example of how not to nerf poptarts, oh well.

#5 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Haven't tried it yet, but seems ridiculous to nerf the king of poptarts from +5% to default and then the wannabe (VTR) from default to -20%. Someone seems to just not get it.

#6 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostMister D, on 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

just another example of how not to nerf poptarts, oh well.

Exactly. This won't hurt poptarts, because at long range you don't need to turn very far at all to aim. Instead we got a massive nerf to close range Victors that actually took skill to use.

Granted they pretty much obliterated anything that they could single out, but I consider anything that encourages poptarting over other strategies to be unwelcome at the moment.

#7 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Nerfwarrior online strikes again. I wanted to get back into trying the Banshee, but seeing LRM buffs and Victor nerf (thus also to my DS "aka never buy an hero mech again, because sooner or later this game will nerf it") , I guess I'll keep my long walk away from MWO.

#8 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 18 March 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

...my DS "aka never buy an hero mech again, because sooner or later this game will nerf it"

+ 1000 , same here

#9 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Make ERPPC & PPC do 8 dmg, 5 on target w/ remaining 3dmg giving 1dmg splash to nearest armor sections, decrease range damage dropoff a little, get rid of PPC 90m min range. = win. k thx.

Edited by Mister D, 18 March 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#10 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

PGI did not mean this to be a nerf of Victors or Highlanders (through certainly it is)... but a buff to their beloved lights. Pretty much every nerf they have come up with will benefit the lights in opposition to the heavier weight classes.

#11 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostFireDog, on 18 March 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

PGI did not mean this to be a nerf of Victors or Highlanders (through certainly it is)... but a buff to their beloved lights. Pretty much every nerf they have come up with will benefit the lights in opposition to the heavier weight classes.

Their "beloved" lights have the fewest mechs available of any class in the game including the fewest Hero mechs.... hardly much favoritism going on there. Also... the addition of skirmish mode and turrets to assault mode pretty much removed the main role for lights in 2 out of 3 game modes.

#12 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 18 March 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Exactly. This won't hurt poptarts, because at long range you don't need to turn very far at all to aim. Instead we got a massive nerf to close range Victors that actually took skill to use.

Granted they pretty much obliterated anything that they could single out, but I consider anything that encourages poptarting over other strategies to be unwelcome at the moment.

i agree. this wasn't a nerf to sniping victors, but to the brawling variants. maybe it will prevent some twitched shots here and there, maybe it won't. still...i believe that this was actually a step in the wrong direction in terms to balance snipers. *sigh*

#13 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Took me ages to get around to buying some Victors. Glad to see I at least maxed them out before this happened. Or something.

#14 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

So glad I held off buying a clan package. This patch just reinforces that PGI still hasn't changed much and will continue to screw up while singing on their island.

#15 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 18 March 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Nerfwarrior online strikes again. I wanted to get back into trying the Banshee, but seeing LRM buffs and Victor nerf (thus also to my DS "aka never buy an hero mech again, because sooner or later this game will nerf it") , I guess I'll keep my long walk away from MWO.

That lrm gave me also a walk from MWO, now I just need to wait srm fix and lrm nerf :(

#16 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostBlack Templar, on 18 March 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

i agree. this wasn't a nerf to sniping victors, but to the brawling variants. maybe it will prevent some twitched shots here and there, maybe it won't. still...i believe that this was actually a step in the wrong direction in terms to balance snipers. *sigh*

Pretty much. Guess I need to swap out all of my brawling loadouts to the cookiecutter 2PPC 2AC/5 config because that's all they're good for now.

#17 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 18 March 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Pretty much. Guess I need to swap out all of my brawling loadouts to the cookiecutter 2PPC 2AC/5 config because that's all they're good for now.

I've gained respect for you from your measured manner of posting. It's disappointing to see you pull the usual knee-jerk, predicting the results of a nerf only a few hours after the patch.

#18 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostAlmighty Cico, on 18 March 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

That lrm gave me also a walk from MWO, now I just need to wait srm fix and lrm nerf :(

How much time has passed since the SRM nerf with the stupid tube-like trajectory and "we'll temporarily remove splash damage" thing? One year I think. There's no hope I guess..

#19 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 18 March 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

If I had to guess, that's the point. They want poptarting to be a legit way to play, but they also want poptarts to not be the very best mechs when brawlers close in range. Right now, getting close to a meta victor/highlander doesn't negate the advantage that they have at 600m; they're just as good up close. Now, they're not as good close up, so if you can get in near, you might actually win.

That said, I run my 9S with an AC20 and SRMs, so this is pretty disappointing to me :|

#20 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

It just the usual around PGI... provide a secret buff that's not noticeable... put up a hero mech for sale the weekend before it eventually nerf into oblivion...

Victor jumpjet's were not hit as hard as a HGN, so the Victor still fundamentally was good, now they nerfed the movement profile of the torso and arms (they don't want survivable mobile assaults it seems)... it just smacks all over of the UAC5 buff, sale of the Muromets the weekend before the nerf to UAC5. It's another example of trying to make a quick buck before the wagon's wheel comes off.

After-all the public now get a mini-atlas for CB's... assaults are meant to be slow cumbersome powerhouses... that get ripped apart by light mechs and everything else that can jump.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users