So What Do They Do When Lrms Are Getting Out Of Hand?

61 replies to this topic

#61 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostMerc Montego, on 22 March 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

I don't really enjoy running around 10 minutes, hiding, ducking behind rocks, cuddling with my ECM buddy only to eventually get in close and maybe have 20 seconds of brawling before more missiles fly in. The fast LRM speed makes it easier for folks to hit with LRMs requiring less skill for more damage. If I wanted to just drive a mech around for 10 minutes I'd do it in the training area.

Yes there are ways to help mitigate all the LRM spam but I'm here to have fun. And unfortunately, those ways are just the opposite.

So what ever did you do during the Popretarting phase of the game?
At least with the LRMs it becomes a game of flanking and knocking out high priority targets rather than just popping up, shooting whoevers out of cover and falling back down.

Try Advancing through cover. Quite a few of the maps have more than enough cover to close distance on LRM boats while taking minimal fire on the way in.

By the way yes I am a brawler.

Edited by Mavairo, 22 March 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#62 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostMerc Montego, on 22 March 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

I don't really enjoy running around 10 minutes, hiding, ducking behind rocks, cuddling with my ECM buddy only to eventually get in close and maybe have 20 seconds of brawling before more missiles fly in. The fast LRM speed makes it easier for folks to hit with LRMs requiring less skill for more damage. If I wanted to just drive a mech around for 10 minutes I'd do it in the training area.

Yes there are ways to help mitigate all the LRM spam but I'm here to have fun. And unfortunately, those ways are just the opposite.

How about thinking of how much fun it was for people trying to use LRMs to constantly have snipers drop two alphas on them and -still- have time to walk back behind cover and take no damage because LRMs took so long to cross the distance? How about the same for Brawlers who could easily dodge between cover in the time it took for the LRM unit to aquire, fire, and have the missiles hit, allowing such units to close with impunity to what was supposed to be a long-range support unit?

We're sorry you aren't being allowed to ignore fire support from LRMs anymore, and aren't feeling good anymore, but this game isn't about only how Brawlers and Snipers want to play. If a slight increase in travel speed that allows LRMs to function a bit as they should and actually perform their function is causing you such problems, maybe the problem is not with the game but with how people have become accustomed to taking advantage of something that was broken?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users