• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

View Post101011, on 23 April 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

But the RoF, as far as I know, will be similar to that of the UAC/5.

Which is still not better than a single AC20 for shear knock down power. I wanna FEAR Clan Ultras not respect 'em!

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Which is still not better than a single AC20 for shear knock down power. I wanna FEAR Clan Ultras not respect 'em!

forget to twist during a UAC20 double tap, or catch one while shut down or from behind, and I am pretty sure it'll knock yoru teeth out your sphincter.

#23 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well, I guess we will wait for the 2x UAC/20 Dire Wolf to determine whether you still feel that way, quiaff?

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Actually Joseph, you forget what UACs are.

A standard UAC fires once, in MWO, a single 5 pt projectile. That is standard fire. It CAN be used to double shot, which runs attendant risk of jam. Likewise, in standard us, you pull the trigger once, you get a 5 shot stream. Double tap, or hold it down, you will get 10, over a longer period, with chance of jamming.

And I'm thinking if the cooldown and jamrates are at all similar, you are gonna go a long while between shots while waiting to unjam-

I didn't forget (I'm not THAT old yet) But when the UAC 5 fires in double tap it doesn't fire five one point shells in fast succession. I respect UAC5s I need the fear of UAC20 that vomit out 20 point shells at double time!

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

forget to twist during a UAC20 double tap, or catch one while shut down or from behind, and I am pretty sure it'll knock yoru teeth out your sphincter.

Not in 5 point hits. My Jager 40 will be BETTER than a Hunchback IIC... Sad.

View Post101011, on 23 April 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Well, I guess we will wait for the 2x UAC/20 Dire Wolf to determine whether you still feel that way, quiaff?

Aff. but I fear what We will get because of letdown and not power!

#25 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I thought clan tech was being balanced specifically around omnimechs.

So i kindve doubt there will be any IIC mechs, since theyll have none of the disadvantages of omnimechs, but all of the advantages of clan tech.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

View Post101011, on 23 April 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

heh, my old DWolf with 2 UAC20s, 2 Large Pulse and 2 SSRM6 I think would still wreck face nicely.

#27 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostRazorfish, on 23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the answer, but how will they maintain any kind of balance?

Will it be an arms race to clan tech?

Even with the Pod Cast for today.

Clan Mechs with XL engines will have to have two torsos blown out to die. That in and of itself seems game breaking.

LRMS with no minimum range? Huge!

More powerful and longer range lasers?

I guess I just don’t see it, maybe it will make more sense at launch.

Yeeeaaaaah...yeah.

PGI is going to try to balance them, but the list of advantages for clan mechs is pretty long, and chances for the clan mechs to be too good compared to IS mechs is pretty high.

Deep down I am hoping for the best, but the Clans coming out could end up being pretty disastrous for the game.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I didn't forget (I'm not THAT old yet) But when the UAC 5 fires in double tap it doesn't fire five one point shells in fast succession. I respect UAC5s I need the fear of UAC20 that vomit out 20 point shells at double time!

Aff. but I fear what We will get because of letdown and not power!

I think that will depend entirely on how fast the burst is. 40 pts damage per barrel, even spread over 1-1.5 seconds, and mitigated by twisting, is going to flay most mechs alive.

#29 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Clan tech is going to be 'at least' as good as IS tech. Even just weight savings alone, the balance is higher heat, VASTLY HIGHER COSTS, and the requirement that you BUY A CLAN MECH, which I would see being MC only for a while. They'll also probably minimize their increased damage values. My problem is I was PLANNING on mixed tech when I paid for founder. Ok fine, I can't wave that card as proof of delivery, but if I can't get mixed tech I want a Clan NON-Omni. I don't want to be locked into one engine, one armor (whether or not you can change AMOUNT), and the 'default placement of certain critical slots' namely endo and ferro points. Any way you slice it the Omni system actually ENFORCES a bunch of book value rules that IS pilots routinely ignore.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostVermaxx, on 23 April 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Clan tech is going to be 'at least' as good as IS tech. Even just weight savings alone, the balance is higher heat, VASTLY HIGHER COSTS, and the requirement that you BUY A CLAN MECH, which I would see being MC only for a while. They'll also probably minimize their increased damage values. My problem is I was PLANNING on mixed tech when I paid for founder. Ok fine, I can't wave that card as proof of delivery, but if I can't get mixed tech I want a Clan NON-Omni. I don't want to be locked into one engine, one armor (whether or not you can change AMOUNT), and the 'default placement of certain critical slots' namely endo and ferro points. Any way you slice it the Omni system actually ENFORCES a bunch of book value rules that IS pilots routinely ignore.

and the correct solution to that, instead of looking for Second Line Mechs that would actually prove superior to Front Line Omnis, would be sized hardpoints and more limited customization on IS mechs.

Not starting an arms race to pure clan tech which either of your preferences would ignite, and thus negate the value of 2 years of coding and testing IS weapons and OmniMechs, because no one would use either.

#31 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Why not

-you cannot buy clan tech because you have to earn it by being a clanner or simply taking out a clanner
-allow Mixtech
-Make compatability upgrade to be able to allow mixtech i.e 2,500,000 for clan weapons upgrade and triple prices for clan endo steel and ferro armor

#32 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Why not

-you cannot buy clan tech because you have to earn it by being a clanner or simply taking out a clanner
-allow Mixtech
-Make compatability upgrade to be able to allow mixtech i.e 2,500,000 for clan weapons upgrade and triple prices for clan endo steel and ferro armor

Because this is based off of Battletech, and not just a game of stompy robots.

#33 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

View Post101011, on 23 April 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Because this is based off of Battletech, and not just a game of stompy robots.

i don't remember reading I.S tech is not compatible with clan tech
besides the AS7-D (C) is just a Retrofit (Original mech with upgraded tech)

Edited by Armored Yokai, 23 April 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#34 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Why not

-allow Mixtech

How about no. Everyone would just slowly gear themselves up in IS mechs packed to the teeth with Clan gear.

#35 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 April 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

How about no. Everyone would just slowly gear themselves up in IS mechs packed to the teeth with Clan gear.

Sure clan-tech is better and i understand the issue of that, but i think there should be a rare limit of obtaining parts from an enemy clan mech

#36 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Sure clan-tech is better and i understand the issue of that, but i think there should be a rare limit of obtaining parts from an enemy clan mech

And people would then go right up to the edge of their Clan parts limit.

#37 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

i don't remember reading I.S tech is not compatible with clan tech
besides the AS7-D (C) is just a Retrofit (Original mech with upgraded tech)

Really? Try taking a part from a modern car and making it work in a vintage Model T. It is the exact same thing.

#38 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Meh. The mixing thing isn't a big deal if they do a good job trying to balance Clan stuff, and make Clan stuff available for C-bills sooner rather than later- if nothing else they can always skip the timeline forward to when the 2C weapons come out.

#39 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

View Post101011, on 23 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Really? Try taking a part from a modern car and making it work in a vintage Model T. It is the exact same thing.

It can be done it just requires alot more modification in order for it to work
and i don't necessarily think its the exact same thing the weapons are just longer ranged,Compact and lighter so i am sure there would be enough room to store those weapons inside an atlas

#40 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 23 April 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

It can be done it just requires alot more modification in order for it to work
and i don't necessarily think its the exact same thing the weapons are just longer ranged,Compact and lighter so i am sure there would be enough room to store those weapons inside an atlas

These weapons are centuries ahead of IS weapons. What makes you think they would be compatible?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users