Selling Inner Sphere Chassis.

95 replies to this topic

#81 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

I like my Inner Sphere mechs too much. Having a variety of machines in your mechbay helps keep this game fresh. I foresee most players trying to get their hands on both, the variety pack.

#82 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Nah, will be keeping pretty much every Mech I own... while having only gotten 3 of the available Clan chassis, my IS are here to stay...

#83 whackasnake

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

im up for clan lights atm any suggestions?
I abandoned my locusts shadow hawks centurions and retired a raven

Edited by whackasnake, 30 June 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#84 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postwhackasnake, on 30 June 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Kit Fox.

As a Falcon, you should have little doubt B)

#85 whackasnake

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

thx I got the kit fox now to wait until 4 pm

#86 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

Sell them all, unless you can't afford it, or you are a dezgra, or second-line solahma.

View Postwhackasnake, on 30 June 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Kit Fox is one of the Jade Falcon favorites (why, I don't know). Check out www.clanjadefalcon.com!

View PostVeggies, on 20 June 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Nahhh, each one of my mechs have given me fun times. Except the crapass locusts. :unsure:

Locusts are the only IS lights with accurate hit boxes / hit detection I:e they work like scout mechs are intended to.

View PostOdanan, on 19 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

The "Second Wave" of Clan omnimechs should be*:

And there could be even a "Third Wave" or "Clan Reinforcements"

Light
- Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu) - production year: 3037 (used by the Smoke Jaguars in the early invasion)

Medium
- Shadow Cat - production year: 3003 (used by the Smoke Jaguars in the early invasion)

Heavy
- Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron-Born) - production year: 3049 (used by the Smoke Jaguars in the early invasion)

Assault
- Kingfisher [size=4]- production year: 2887 (used by the Ghost Bears and Smoke Jaguars in the early invasion)

About a new IS pack, I'm hoping they will release later a "Clanbuster" pack, with Hussar, Wyvern, Champion (or Black Knight) and King Crab.

*as discussed here.

As a Falcon, you should be happy that two out of three of our favored mechs are available to us (Kit fox and Summoner). I agree that we need the Hellbringer, but the next Clan pack should be: Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Fire Moth and Gargoyle.

#87 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 03 July 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

As a Falcon, you should be happy that two out of three of our favored mechs are available to us (Kit fox and Summoner). I agree that we need the Hellbringer, but the next Clan pack should be: Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Fire Moth and Gargoyle.

Not sure if MASC will work, so why we do not make everyone happy (AKA the Wolves) and just add the Ice Ferret instead of the sweet Firemoth? It may not be an outstanding 'Mech but still a very common one in the Wolf Touman, and one i have rarely seen in the games.

Besides, Artic Cheetah or Mist Lynx may be other choises for a fast light.

#88 Stain Pain

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Ill stop playing, if I still have patience wait till late august then sell all the piece of junk old useless and outdated s**t mechs - even the hero ones (Thats why ill never give money to PGI again) -then get the clan-ones so I can actually enjoy the game. This sucks...

#89 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostStain Pain, on 05 July 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Ill stop playing, if I still have patience wait till late august then sell all the piece of junk old useless and outdated s**t mechs - even the hero ones (Thats why ill never give money to PGI again) -then get the clan-ones so I can actually enjoy the game. This sucks...

The Clan mechs are not as OP as everyone thinks. They may deal a little more damage but that comes with damage over time weapons so less pin point, no customizing anything but weapons and equipment, lots and lots of heat, and less time to twist and spread damage. Did I mention heat? The lights are slower but can bring more firepower. The Mediums can bring lots of damage but bake from the heat. Heavies are faster but cannot carry as much weaponry. Assault are either ridiculously slow (48kph and the slowest torso twist) or run so hot that brawling is suicide. IS mechs can customize much more but have shorter ranges and deal slightly less damage. So try the Clan mechs first. You might just be surprised if you stick with the IS mechs.

#90 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostStain Pain, on 05 July 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Junk ? I bought 4 clan mechs, and I still divide my play time between stormcrow, blackjack and firestarter to level all 3 of them. Every drop I play I see IS mechs perform as competitively as Clan mechs. If you want to waste your IS mechs, well good luck. I am a Clansman but I still keep my IS mechs and use them regularly. :unsure:

Before anyone scream CBT LORE, DEZGRA blah blah ; The Clans despise waste and the clans have very lousy logistics during the invasion. Many clan garrisons in the occupation zone have severe shortages in supplies. From the first encounter against the Clans, IS pilots have reported that the clans often aim on their mech legs to disable the mech instead of shooting it into a useless pile of junk. Why do the clans leg them ? Yep, salvage people, nothing shall be wasted.
Clans salvage everything, It is clan philosophy: "waste not , want not". Even their whole bidding system (batchall) was created due to that "waste not , want not" philosophy in the first place.

#91 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

What gets me is that Inner Sphere Savarishi Surat Stravags who have one nothing but bash the Clans from Day One can use BOTH IS and Clan Mechs. While I, a Rabid Clanner (albeit a member of the Bandit/Dark Caste) must languish in the Chassis of Inferior Mechs with Inferior Weapons. I mean come on they (PGI) could have at least offered to exchange my IS Mechs for their Clan Equivalents. Ive been a dedicated member of MWO since Halloween of 2011(thats when they sent me the CBT Invite, I was a registered user when they opened up) and I didnt PAY to be in CBT so I dont have no steenkin Badges on the left. I guess I oughta just start Leggin fools with Dual AC 20's

#92 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Real Pilots,..Pilot IS mechs,....Test Tubes babies,...

#93 Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

So the unit that I belong to is a Clan, but I must admit that I've always been more of a fan of IS stuff than Clan stuff. Probably because when I played Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Warfare I was still a bit young to really "get it" and then when I got a hold of a copy of Mechwarrior 2: Mercs I was a bit older and could sink my teeth into the game, story, tech, etc. a bit more.

And then, when I played Classic Battletech it was nothing but the boxed set which is all IS stuff... MW3 and MW4 were IS games, furthering the trend for me (even though their use of Clan tech was absurd and far too common, I still enjoyed the IS stuff more).

Long story short, no, I will not be selling any of my IS mechs. I don't have an enormous collection, but it's pretty hefty. The first mech I got good at in this game is my old Founders HBK-4G, and it's still the mech I enjoy piloting the most (and often do best in, still, even after other "better" mechs have come out).

If I were to sell any of the mechs I have, it would be in order to fund the purchase of something else, and I just don't think I need to purchase anything else at this point - and likely by the time I need/want to purchase something else, I'll have built up the C-Bills to just purchase it straight away.

#94 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

:(

Edited by Mordale, 07 July 2014 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users