Super Massive Desync Going On Right Now

112 replies to this topic

#21 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAlton, hampshire, uk

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Last night I had at least 5 desync's, Pgi you really need to sort this **** out. its beyond a joke now.

#22 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

last match my entire team froze up at the 11 min mark. it was 1 to 3 and then 5 - 10 seconds of just sitting their everything speeds up and chat texts fly by and boom its 3 to 12 loss. So, it was just our team that was impacted it seemed. Most people disconnected when they froze up. However, it didn't show them as disconnected in results. Not sure but PGI should be on this and posting some damn updates or atleast saying yeah we know we are working on it or something. They need a real community manager that keeps folks updated.

Ebon

#23 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostSolemkof, on 09 August 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Great connections they got there.
Posted Image

Backend issues have been ongoing for about 2 months now, progressively getting worse. Support ignores tickets submitted on this, twitter and forum posts ignored.

Wish this would get more attention or at least recognition from Russ, Niko or someone. Servers are bombing, Rome burns....Paul and Russ fiddle away.

Keep sending PGI your money. All is working as intended.

Might help though if everyone sent trouble tickets to support for this. Keep doing so daily until resolved. Might put it on someones radar to look at.

#24 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Build up regional servers. Now.

#25 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostMagos Titanicus, on 10 August 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Build up regional servers. Now.

Costs money - output bad. Intake Good. Don't get your hopes up.

#26 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Just experienced desync yet again (1310hrs PNW 8/10/2014) on HPG map. It seems to be happening there and Caustic mostly for me now.

If I wanted to go line dancing, I'd go into Eastern Washington and hang with the cowboys.

#27 Siej

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn your base, drinking your coffee.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have also had this issue. Usually it is short, but sometimes it ends the match. Did a bunch of stuff to see if it was on my end, and I can't find anything there. Contacted support. Hopefully they'll have a fix.

#28 dr bongstorm

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

I have always experienced the east coast lag spike bug, but this is a whole new level of irritating.

#29 Ted The Prussian Striker

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 10 August 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Another thing I noticed recently is my reticle isn't turning red as soon as my laser laser hits a target.. there is a delay before it turns red. I have a feeling this is related to desync problem we are all experiencing.

Probably. The red indicator requires a message from the server. If that message gets delayed ...

Although it is weekend, it is irritating that noone from PGI has even confirmed this. I refuse to believe, they don't see the problems on the server side instantly via remote monitoring software. Hence, this silence has another cause, but which one? It's not like servers actually cost money nowadays (you get pretty high performance stuff for 50$/month, so PGI should be able to handle a spike of a few thousand players with the revenue of one golden mech).

#30 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Its now at the point where every few games, you get a game that completely lags out with everyone running on the spot and stays that way, only option is to leave the game.
MW4 had lag, but nothing even close to what MWO has currently, 20+ year old netcode beats PGI's, sad!.

#31 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

PGI please feed the hamsters. Powering servers is hard work.

#32 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

I can't finish a game at this point

#33 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

the only thing working is the timer...

EDIT: nope, its not working either. after it runs out, we're all still on the map.....

side note: everyone is running heavies and assaults- so if i go medium its not as frequent

Edited by DoomEngine, 10 August 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#34 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

The cash register works, too.

PGI, please go back to Radio Shack and do a return on your current server.

#35 Mazerius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn Your Periphery Stealin Your Planets

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Just had another massive desync match as well, rarely ever desynced at all before the patch earlier in the week. No idea whats going on but its certainly not fun B)

#36 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Apparently it is only happening to certain people in a match because I always seem to end up dead when the server snaps out of it. So clearly someone is able to shoot my mech as it's walking into a wall/hill/cliff/etc.

#37 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

I think I've had enough of MWO until this gets fixed.

#38 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:34 AM

PGI, can you post an update or response as regards this issue?

Teleporting/rubberbanding/desyncing/moonwalking/whateveryoucallit is getting worse. Since the "rejoin" patch, 1 in 3 matches. Really friggin frustrating.

What's more frustrating is that PGI seems oblivious and unresponsive.

For the rest of us, please add your voice to this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...feedback-13311/

#39 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostJosef Koba, on 10 August 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Apparently it is only happening to certain people in a match because I always seem to end up dead when the server snaps out of it. So clearly someone is able to shoot my mech as it's walking into a wall/hill/cliff/etc.

its random. I've had rounds where I could sorta move around and fight and then i've had rounds where it comes back to like for like a second and desyncs afgain and I take damage or die.

#40 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

The problem may not be under PGI's control. They may be unable to say anything due to restrictions imposed by investigation or potential litigation if they are seeking or have identified whoever may be executing (for example) a limited DOS campaign hoping for a payoff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users