10 Vs 12 Balance...?

64 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want 10 vs 12 mathces? (123 member(s) have cast votes)

10 vs 12?

1. Yes (94 votes [76.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.42%

2. No (29 votes [23.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Just as it says...rather than see them butcher the clans by pulling crap like the CERLL nerf, would you rather see that dialed back and balance for 10 vs 12 seriously considered?

#2 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

CERLL nerf was needed. However they were far too heavy handed. The ghost heat was uncalled for but the longer fire duration and higher heat. The ghost heat is idiotic.

#3 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostPOOTYTANGASAUR, on 08 August 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

CERLL nerf was needed. However they were far too heavy handed. The ghost heat was uncalled for but the longer fire duration and higher heat. The ghost heat is idiotic.

Agreed...like 9.0 heat and 1.6-1.7 burn duration...ok...Ghost heat after 1? Seriously?

Before they do anything that epicly stupid again...I would rather see 10 vs 12 seriously considered.

#4 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

would love that compared to only firing one CERLL at a time, at the increased duration. 1.65 secs with 9.5 or 10.5 heat. SURE, 2 secs is ********, and just nuked the CERLL off every mech that was using it before and they now use CLPL... Great job PG.....Paul. "Your Nerf Gun" is ********, and your love of IS tech is showing. how about, for the sake of balance, increase heat values and add an accuracy rating to ballistics (ppc's included) then focus on the beam weapons. but you know, i would take a switch back to the way it was before this "patch/hotfix" bullshit they just pulled and implement the 10v12 option then see how their all important stats come out.

but since this is all pointless, i voted anyway, knowing it wont happen. kinda like voting against the idiots going Obama crazy praising his vision but having no proof in the pudding to judge from....

#5 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I would rather have seen them just try reducing the range of the CERLL to maybe 800 and see how that worked before changing anything else... But that would have made too much sense, wouldn't it?

#6 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

i disagree the range was not to much of an issue the real problem was the damage from boating that what i saw any way
but i might be in the minority here as i seem to be an oddity as iv not found the clan mechs that hard to kill

#7 LACMAN

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

That would be a great challenge for the clanners! (i'm piloting both clan and IS mechs)

#8 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

What if it is 8 IS & 2 Clan v/s 6 IS and 6 Clan?

Or maybe instead of nerfing anything you could buff your brain.

#9 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

10 Clan Vs 12 IS, not 8/2 Vs 6/6. Do something with MM. I really don't think the Devs would be that daft to bungle up it like that.

#10 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I agree with 10 vs 12, and the way you get to prevent everyone from wanting to be clans is

1) Return repair system from closed beta and make clantech more expensive to buy and maintain
2) Use a battle value system for mixed IS/Clan matches
3) Require a purchase or a set of objectives to unlock becoming a member of the clans/piloting a clanmech
4) Same as they should do for weight class, implement a small reward system if they are low on IS or Clan mechs for matchmaking (Cbill or XP)
5) Game mode option of only being matched against clanmechs, or IS mechs, or mixed matches. Players can decide for themselves who they want to play against somewhat.

#11 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

I liked 12 vs 12, so I want something solved by the 1s that caused this mess, PGI, it's nice to have a 12vs12 balanced match and I want that again.

Suggestion: The matchmaker mus evaluate the loadouts, engine speed, weapons, etc for a more fair fight, I get killed as far as 5 seconds, the C-LRM and C-AC weps cause explosions that are too big in front of your FOV (Field Of View), and can't see a thing when 2+ C-'mechs are shooting at me, not to mention the exaggerated shaking, a C-AC5 would fire 5, 1 damage bullets, so the shaking should be 5 times less than the shot of a AC5, initially, they'd add up as they hit the 'mech, as it should in reality.

Something is unbalanced seriously, some posts were warning about a potential unbalanced of overpowered new C-'mechs, and looks like PGI didn't listen, so here it is another great game screwed up because of stupid unbalance that could have been easily prevented. Now playing a IS 'mech is just useless unless you adapt to C-'mechs, that is: run fast and hit hard, the strategy is gone, the tactics is find the enemy and just cover with obstacles while approaching and then hitting and running around or away, C-'mechs can hit from 800m+ with full damage, a C-'mech is simply 2x a IS 'mech, I'm tired of being obliterated, I simply can't compete, unless I transform my assaults in 85T+ light 'mechs, and having the IS 'mechs use C-weps and omnipods won't balance it out, this is simply too unbalanced for that to work.

Ghost heat after 1s isn't fair, if the shot is 1+ secs.

PGI, you need to use your brains and think hard how to balance this situation, because there will be other players that like me will take a LONG break because, having heavy/assault 'mechs with heavy weps and mid-speed engines loadouts is simply absurd to keep playing, you either make faster 'mehcs losing firepower or go the c-'mech way, the fun of pre-c-'mech 12vs12 is gone, for good at the seems, so I'll wait 6 moths and see if it's worth it to come back, if not, there are plenty of good games out there.

#12 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Though I'd like to see them balanced more, I don't think reducing the number of players is an effective way of doing that.

It's much harder to balance the contributions of 2 people against any number of damage. It's just impossible to measure and balance, because it's based on pilots, whom are skilled to different degrees, and that's really hard to quantify. Even the worst two pilots on a team provide benefits to their team.

Balancing with weight would be the way to go.

#13 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

ok iv ben thinking about this more then any 1 man probably should and i think the ancer lies more in a change in match makeing as a whole moveing more to some kind of battle value as to balance it out some jest an idea though

raises flame shield

#14 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

wow iv not ben flamed

#15 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

12 vs 12 has balance. Players who are weak and who do not like to play in team or to use tactics to win the game is so easy that gets sick you speak it. Learn and not complain so and PGI has changed both the game because of the constant cries and only changes for the worse.

#16 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

NO

if you add 10 vs 12 you say - Clan Tech is better - end of message

the suggestion shows it clearly - a lot of players want to have superior tech - they want to win no matter the costs.

#17 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:12 AM

Ok guys- whos gonna play for IS ???? tell me plz )))

#18 Avenger762

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAkwesasne

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

I'll play for IS! I am a proud House Marik pilot and I do not use any clan mechs. I know it gets me killed lots, and I make little money, but I do it for my people! Get into the spirit of the game and quit whining about balance. Clan mechs and weaponry is supposed to be superior. It is supposed to be harder to get and more expensive. That is why it is so satisfying when I manage to kill a few clanners in my Jaeger. 10 v 12 is the way to balance the match.

Also, I should make more cbills for salvage on those clan mechs. Just saying...

#19 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

dude - okay - if we r IS premade - and - enemies CLAN premade - k 12/10 and we can talk about balnce. coz there is commanders. and there is strategy. and there can be a balance of lower weapons and quirks of IS and 10 faces of powerfull CLANS. but when we r in RADOM pug life - IS will SUFFER too much....only b coz - 1x1 you cant beat the clan mech. so i like the way it is - balance with different ways-power to clans quirks to IS. but still 12x12 fight. BTW if there some how we have a game mode, where every mech have theyr own place on battle field we also can talk about 12x10

#20 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 18 September 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

NO

if you add 10 vs 12 you say - Clan Tech is better - end of message

the suggestion shows it clearly - a lot of players want to have superior tech - they want to win no matter the costs.

The situation like this, you got just right now, with PGI symmetrical unbalance.
With asymmetrical balance that would not be a case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users