#21 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Every. Single. Match.

Good matches are ones where my mech doesn't get discovered during the 20s it takes for the server to start updating my client again.

I guess the problem is that this is actually cannon. TT is turn based after all...

#22 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Just backpaddled on caustic watching a ridge, suddenly red ct internals and 3 mechs standing on the ridge shooting at me. Its like harry potter the robit game atm.

Edited by Budor, 09 August 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#23 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostVagGR, on 09 August 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

yeah..i think its time this becomes a priority for PGI

you would think that...but have they even acknowledged its a problem??
have they acknowledged the CERPPC hit reg problems?

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostBudor, on 09 August 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Just backpaddled on caustic watching a ridge, suddenly red ct internals and 3 mechs standing on the ridge shooting at me. Ots like harry potter the robit game atm.

You might be thinking of The Matrix.

#25 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Yeah...not sure what is up but it is terrible just terrible.

Edited by Chagatay, 09 August 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#26 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Every.

Single.

Match.

#27 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

they can take time to implement "balance mechanics" to CERLL and PPCs but not fix something like this :huh:

#28 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostChagatay, on 09 August 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yeah...not sure what is up but it is terrible just terrible.

because PGI won't acknowledge the problem...so of course they won't communicate it to the comunity, or tell us what they are doing to remedy the situation6

#29 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Klingons with cloaking ability... modify a torpedo!

#30 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 09 August 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

because PGI won't acknowledge the problem...so of course they won't communicate it to the comunity, or tell us what they are doing to remedy the situation6

They could just say the surge in missile popularity produces too many things to track and our server goes to hell in a handbasket. Heck, I probably would understand.

#31 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Has anyone here ever been able to rejoin a match?

#32 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostFoxtrot01, on 09 August 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Has anyone here ever been able to rejoin a match?

I can even rejoin those where everyone is frozen basically but cant move or shoot stuff properly. I rejoined such a time capsule 3 times once...every mech was still humpin walls and or warping around every 10-60 seconds.

Edited by Budor, 09 August 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#33 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, something isn't right somewhere.

#34 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostOrbit Rain, on 09 August 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yeah, something isn't right somewhere.

it's been like this for a month or so. PGI hasn't commented on it even though many are experiencing it. They're too busy worried about how to "balance" the PPC according to a few "competitive" players

#35 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Its now every single match.

Getting steadily worse since the patch of the maintenance bug, that was everyone's, but PGI's fault.

Clearly these lag spikes are also not PGI'd fault as I haven't seen a single acknowledgement of the problem in this forum, I figure its not unreasonable for me to claim 5 days of premium for the crap I'm being served up presently, adding an extra for each additional day this continues.

of course if everyone adds a support ticket ..thats suffering from this

#36 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostCathy, on 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Its now every single match.

Getting steadily worse since the patch of the maintenance bug, that was everyone's, but PGI's fault.

Clearly these lag spikes are also not PGI'd fault as I haven't seen a single acknowledgement of the problem in this forum, I figure its not unreasonable for me to claim 5 days of premium for the crap I'm being served up presently, adding an extra for each additional day this continues.

of course if everyone adds a support ticket ..thats suffering from this

well of course. it's YOUR pc
or YOUR ISP
or YOUR router
or YOUR modem

couldn't possibly be PGI and/or MWO even though you don't have those issues with any other game right? :huh:

#37 Aim64C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

I don't think "lag" is the proper term for what I've been experiencing.

It's more like the server has absolutely no idea what to do with the information it is receiving (or perhaps my client?).

I get it a lot on Terra Therma - but the basic idea is that there are a lot of mechs kinda-sorta not-really wandering around. They might rubber band a bit - but mostly everyone just stands around. Sometimes I can fire weapons, sometimes I can't. Today I was able to kill one guy (fI feel kind of like a ****, but I was experimenting - it was kind of funny to see him turn to deflect damage but act like he couldn't see me or shoot me back). But then another guy and I stood there and shot each other for about three minutes before the server finally went totally kaput; neither of us took damage... or so I assume, since I was not receiving damage and he should have died ... but I couldn't target him. My crosshairs were turning red, though.

I've had others like that where I'm wandering around in a weird haunted server with the ghosts of players. The sad thing is that it's actually more entertaining than the game working 'as intended.'

Sometimes I register as dead. Others I register as disconnected (despite the fact I'm still there - and it changes throughout the 'game').

My guess is that the server 'forgets what it is doing' and just is unable to reconcile the incoming streams of data with its own model of the game, which is likely split across several sets of hardware in one virtual machine (server farms are neat in what they can do... and the bugs they can generate).

But that's just my 'programmer's instinct' - it could just be that someone needs to punch the server in the face. You'd be surprised how many problems that resolves with the medical equipment I work on. Just give it a solid kick and tell it to **** itself - and then it starts working like magic.

#38 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Unplayable at its current state.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 09 August 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#39 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostAim64C, on 09 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I don't think "lag" is the proper term for what I've been experiencing.

It's more like the server has absolutely no idea what to do with the information it is receiving (or perhaps my client?).

I get it a lot on Terra Therma - but the basic idea is that there are a lot of mechs kinda-sorta not-really wandering around. They might rubber band a bit - but mostly everyone just stands around. Sometimes I can fire weapons, sometimes I can't. Today I was able to kill one guy (fI feel kind of like a ****, but I was experimenting - it was kind of funny to see him turn to deflect damage but act like he couldn't see me or shoot me back). But then another guy and I stood there and shot each other for about three minutes before the server finally went totally kaput; neither of us took damage... or so I assume, since I was not receiving damage and he should have died ... but I couldn't target him. My crosshairs were turning red, though.

I've had others like that where I'm wandering around in a weird haunted server with the ghosts of players. The sad thing is that it's actually more entertaining than the game working 'as intended.'

Sometimes I register as dead. Others I register as disconnected (despite the fact I'm still there - and it changes throughout the 'game').

My guess is that the server 'forgets what it is doing' and just is unable to reconcile the incoming streams of data with its own model of the game, which is likely split across several sets of hardware in one virtual machine (server farms are neat in what they can do... and the bugs they can generate).

But that's just my 'programmer's instinct' - it could just be that someone needs to punch the server in the face. You'd be surprised how many problems that resolves with the medical equipment I work on. Just give it a solid kick and tell it to **** itself - and then it starts working like magic.

it's not "lag" from what I've seen. It's an issue with their netcode and servers. Of course their support reply is "have you tried resetting your router?"
which is both frsutrating and surprising as support is one of the few excellent areas regarding PGI

#40 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostSandpit, on 09 August 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

this is becoming quite regular.

What you CLEARLY didn't see there was the Ninja that climbed on your mech and cored you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users