• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

we joke but the game really is borderline unplayable for nearly a month now for quite a few

#102 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

We Joke to hold back the tears Sand.

#103 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostMaster Maniac, on 15 August 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Well, I dunno. That was a pretty silly rant. Past the melodrama, you do have a cogent point. Excise the doomsaying and irrationality, and BAM - the silliness is gone.

Alrighty - will do, though I could've tried to write down the next endless wall of pointless text ;)
The issue it self is serious enough - the fact that there aint any signts they know about it is really, really concerning.
That if you cut the facts that for the past two years it's an arena based FPS, where multiple times it was said that was kinda not the main intent.
Hero mechs, without any skins aside of the(almost always) stupiid default skin - that's something people pay money for.
Really unacceptable for me both community separation(they stated that they divided different world zones on different servers - which, considering the overall community numbers aint quite wise in my opinion.
Whatever - they did it. Still ALL the servers in the world have common maintenance time.
I get back from work and BAM - wait two hours to play(maintenance begins at 20:00 my local time every time).
Cut that.
Go to the suspicious gameplay mechanics and stuff - HSR problems - something that persisted in the game since I remember myself. All this balance "complaining" - which, in my opinion, is not all unreasonable - for years too.
The wraits like ELO and MM algoritms - something that I actually have doubt about whether should be shared or not - but anyways, if they share the way MM calculates - people like me, who are actually doing this for living(I am a developer) could've helped them improve no?
The way the whole game is made - the fact that when you first log-in the game downloads ALL from the server - no steaming/streaming data, so the game could load with a minute faster.
To me also seems like it's not overthough overall - not enough background workers/worker threads/call it whatever you wish - you're forced on the client interface to sit and wait until it loads, refreshes, saves and etc. - VERY LONG FRIGGIN TIME!
Instead of doing all this sheets on the background.
Simple example:
You join a match and start waiting to connect, to download all the **** from the servers, then the map load...
I got my game frozen yesterday, do you know how much time I needed to get back in it on my kinda quite good PC?
3 minutes.
It should be like any normal game - some small chunks of data from the server, load the base of the maps - you enter a game and for the first 20-30 secs(the time you wait for the timer in a best case scenario - you got about a average about a min before engage someone) it loads the rest of the data and the textures, with some performance issues but BAM - map loading time lowered with ~50% at least.
I can go on and on - I kinda broke the stuff I said about the endless pointless wall of text :D
So I won't.
This lag with no PGI official statement is just the tip of the pile you know?
I have good reasons to rant and the game gives it enough reasons to even seems rational - aint that a bit... scary? Concerning?

#104 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

Yep same, lags, freezes, had a match where 8 people froze (the best way I know to fix it is to quit and re-join the game and hope you didn't die). Really hurts the game.

#105 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

All of my DCouts (whole team, both sides desyncs for the remainder of the game) have been on Terra Therma.

Strange.

#106 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

Well i kind of expect things like this. Over time the game gets worse and since closed beta I've had to turn the graphics to minimum, get occasional CTD's for no apparent reason, my Ping gets worse a few points every so often, i have the Memory Allocation Error that vanished a long time ago (back since UI2), and now constant lag which finishes with my mech missing both legs.
Working as intended ;)

#107 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

It is not as bad as it was many days a short time ago - only a few short lagspikes but nothing match deciding so far.

#108 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 16 August 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

It is not as bad as it was many days a short time ago - only a few short lagspikes but nothing match deciding so far.

really it is, just playedd first game of the weekend and that's all it was

#109 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

#110 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

It is getting worse. The lag hits often when one team breaches for the decisive move. Other people still do damage because after 10sec of lag you end up with half of your mech missing.

#111 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostHenri Schoots, on 16 August 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'll always like that video whenever I see it :)
Yep.
Lag spikes still exist.
Yesterday I was on Crimson Strait and was fighting upstairs(the place where ordinary the fight takes place) and I was shooting at stuff downstairs(mostly) in a medium mech(Stormcrow brawler build).
The next thing I know is I'm teleported in mid air, take falling damage and fall between two DWFs and a TBR.
Now you can imagine how things ended for me...

Had another 3(I believe) times this happened to me just for yesterday.

#112 Jor Jurgenson

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGhost Bear Invasion Corridor

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

It has definitely been an issue we noticed in my corp as well. Most of us have medium to upper end rigs, but, the guys with the ridiculously good rigs had the same problems.

I ran this game on Ultra smoothly, and then High as of two patches ago, this patch I switched to Medium. Likely it's not a graphics thing, but, I seem to recover from the spikes more quickly. Hope that helps.

Some of the more tech savvy guys have been saying that it's either a server issue (likely wimpy hardware) or another netcode issue.

Would be nice to get an announcement or something about this. Really hurts the enjoyment of the game. I wanted to smash my keyboard earlier tonight. A lag spike on a 100+ kph mech means you are in the middle of two enemy lances when your controls come back.

Man I was pissed off.

#113 Space laces

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

i up this thread, i am getting those kind of problems too , huuuuuuuuge lag spikes, every game or too ending with a death, looks like the gw2 lag spikes, it was data loss between client and server ( EU player ), i play this since oct 2013, i NEVER had such issues, i didn't change neither the computer not the box or the internet provider.

Edited by Space laces, 16 September 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#114 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

Since the last patch or two I started getting this problem, too. The friend I'm playing with doesn't have this problem, but to my surprise many on the Forum do. It occurs only when I play MWO. The ping randomly decides do rise until the game disconnects or I press Alt+F4. When I do, I get my Internet back instantly.

Some suggest disabling "UDP Flood Prevention", but I don't have access to my router. What kind of data does the server send anyway? Why is it considered "malicious"? We do have different ISPs. Mine is T-com and I live in Croatia (if it helps).

Edit: cut the rant

Edited by Uthael, 22 November 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#115 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm getting them most consistently in the new swamp map, but occasionally in other maps as well.

Had thought it was my ISP, but seems like it is impacting a fair number of players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users