114 replies to this topic

#81 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

I've been playing this game for almost two months. I've had more and worse rubberbanding/moonwalking mech lags in the last week than I did the whole period prior to the latest patches.

I die do to lag probably twice a day. Every mech will be walking in place for full minute, so my only option is to try to run to what I think is a safe place, and the game will either leap forward with me usually dead, or it doesn't right itself and I have to 'Quit Match' -> hit 'Rejoin', and I come back, usually dead or soon to be.

btw my ping is usually in the 60s.

#82 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Prepare yourself for a lag fest when you see multiple players drop with pings over 300.

#83 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

It gives me a good excuse to play other games and spend money on other games. Why bother with this trashy laggy instant death because you can't do a dam thing, when you can play games that work and the devs give a crap because if the game doesn't work they don't get any money.

#84 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Below you can see how hard it actually is to kill with missiles...

#85 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

I have played 3 matches tonight and each match has had huge lags spikes. The game is almost unplayable right now. Can we please get a fix PGI?

#86 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

A fix for this mess should be the utmost priority. Seriously!

Last week we had a whole server shutdown for no reason. Couldn't even log in to the game. Once we could log in again, our group failed to find a match. Then half our group lost connection to the server again not even 20min after the first crash. Even the forums were ungodly slow at the time.

Every 3-4 games I experience rubberbanding (often leading to my death), and every 8-10 games the entire server just crashes and everybody in the game experiences it.

The servers have LITERALLY never been this terrible before. It's been an issue that popped up a few patches ago and seems to be getting steadily worse.

With the $500 I gave you, I could almost build my own server, so where exactly is all the money going from all the other players? If the servers are getting overtaxed and/or old then you need to purchase new servers! How can you justify that players have to spend premium time (real money) in order to do private matchmaking because of the "servers," when you yourselves can't even maintain the normal servers that everybody uses?

#87 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

This issue is killing the game,, Ping normally sits between 140 and 170 for me (playable), during last nights session dropping with a couple of mates I got lagged out EVERY GAME, a quick tap of tab showed that the pings were sitting at over 4000 (NOT playable)

C'mon PGI, fix this please.

#88 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostHenri Schoots, on 14 August 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Below you can see how hard it actually is to kill with missiles...

Everytime I see your sig I'm just crackin' up :(
Yep. The issue still persists. How many pages does this topic have to go to get some PGI attention and responce?

#89 Xerek

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 15 August 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Yep. The issue still persists. How many pages does this topic have to go to get some PGI attention and responce?

PGI attention and response or them admitting something? That was a good one!

#90 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

The Aug 19th patch will be addressing this.

#91 MrVida

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Been having the same trouble

#92 TopRay

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Getting worse by the day :rolleyes:

#93 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Yay,, miss out on another challenge and watch your premium time rubberband away,,

#94 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostWM Dirges, on 15 August 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

Twitting core issues is probably the worse community-wise thing I've seen a Dev do in my entire life.

#95 Master Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 373 posts
  • LocationKentucky, United States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

The massive server issues are giving the tournament an added dimension of...fun...erm....complexity? Unpredictability? I dunno. Trying to put a positive spin on this whole thing.

Yeah, the lag is incredible. I really hope their optimizations, whatever they may be, rectify the issue. It's been absolutely insane lately, and it's no fun at all having a match go your way only to have the entire game seize up completely and irredeemably.

Methinks an extension of the All or Nothin' Hero sale might ease the pain of waiting somewhat. :-p

View PostVoidcrafter, on 15 August 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Twitting core issues is probably the worse community-wise thing I've seen a Dev do in my entire life.

Don't be silly.

Edited by Master Maniac, 15 August 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#96 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostMaster Maniac, on 15 August 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Don't be silly.

Silly?
Why not just delete the whole forum, http://mwomercs.com/theplan and leave a paid phoneline they don't respond to?
What's the point of the forum youthink? To comphensate for the abscence of any decent in-game community loby, coms and etc.? So we can connect better with the rest of community?
We're the ones that gives them something in their dishes to eat remember?
So what now? I should track twitter/facebook/some other crappy social network so I am aware of their statements that for some reason they don't post on their own OFFICIAL forum?
Btw just came out of a game in which I got a lag spike just when I was running for cover from the 3 enemy LRM boats - guess how much fun I got - it's ~5th or 6th time for this evening.

I am not silly.
I am someone who gave money to support them and guess how much support I got this far for the issue I'm complaining about for the last week or so(minding that - I waited about a bit more than a week to "give them time to fix it").

Like it or not - f2p games don't live way too long without people investing in them - and I've invested quite a lot this far.
Nobody pushed me to do it - but when you pay for something ordinary you expect something in return(at least in the game industry that is) right?
The current game state is not enough in return for me and I'm not one responsible for that.
It is not cause half of the games those ~15 secs of desyncs are ruining the rest of my matches.

I am feeling insulted - like a simple official statement concerning this, without dramatisation and stuff, kinda quite huge issue, on their official forum it's waaaay too big deal for a developer?
And all that without counting what was said ~2 years ago, about the subjective-deadlines they kinda not even stood behind with solid promises and words...
Yea you're right - I am a really silly person.

#97 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

What concerns me is that it's not even considered a priority... just shove a fix in at the next patch. This should be a number 1 priority and hotfixed asap

#98 Master Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 373 posts
  • LocationKentucky, United States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 15 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

~rant rant rant rant f2p rant rant rant melodrama~
Yea you're right - I am a really silly person.

Well, I dunno. That was a pretty silly rant. Past the melodrama, you do have a cogent point. Excise the doomsaying and irrationality, and BAM - the silliness is gone.

View PostBatch1972, on 15 August 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

What concerns me is that it's not even considered a priority... just shove a fix in at the next patch. This should be a number 1 priority and hotfixed asap

Agree completely.

Edited by Master Maniac, 15 August 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#99 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Well they've acknowledged it, they've said they're working on it, it sucks (as the video I posted shows) which is why I haven't been playing. Not even sure if I'm going to bother this weekend. With the contest causing what I'm sure will be larger than normal server loads, I can only imagine :rolleyes:

#100 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Could it possibly be related to 512K? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mystere, 15 August 2014 - 04:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users