Abysmal Lag Spikes

114 replies to this topic

#61 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

My luck dictates this occurs when I am having a good match. The crummy ones seem to be just fine. Last night I was trapped in hyperspace for a full minute. I didn't think I had one kill but got three and I think while I was trapped in the void. I just stopped playing after that. It made the Steiner challenge unbearable.

#62 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

Confirming this. I was rubberbanding all over the HPG map earlier and I asked in all chat if others were also lagging.

Everyone pretty much said yes.

It would seem PGI is having some server lag issues lately. It must the all the c-bill Summoners running around out there embarrassing the server hamsters into hiding.

#63 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostLexx, on 13 August 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

Confirming this. I was rubberbanding all over the HPG map earlier and I asked in all chat if others were also lagging.

Everyone pretty much said yes.

It would seem PGI is having some server lag issues lately. It must the all the c-bill Summoners running around out there embarrassing the server hamsters into hiding.

I had this occur few matches - but everything was so laggy that noone was recieving my messages, neither was able to respond.
After about 3 minutes(in one of the match - this occured after we killed the last enemy, before the victory screen) the game continued in it's normal state - the few that didn't left the match before this confirmed the lag.
Also the funny thing is that I could've see them(my teammates) shooting in different directions, though they were "dancing" in the same spot - which smells like some serious desync to me.
Working but not working... riiiight.
Like there aint enough problems with this game already.

#64 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Still lagging and freezing.

#65 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Freezing? Thats what PGI calls THE INVASION.

#66 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

It has to do with the last patch... I had absoulutely no issues until they implemented the rejoin patch. Maybe is has something to do with massive numbers of DC players trying to rejoin in progress games and the sub standard servers cannot handle the load?

Just a guess but seems like it could be happening that way.

Regards

#67 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

If you are lagging send in a report to Support.

#68 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostZolaz, on 13 August 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

If you are lagging send in a report to Support.

Why? So they can tell me my internet connection is not good enough or my computer isnt good enough? All they will do is pass the blame onto the player.

I can guarantee you one thing though, my computer is more than adequate and my internet cable connection is plenty fast as well.. It is on their end and they dont feel the need to let the community know if they are looking into it even.

Regards

#69 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Just made few matches - the situation is the same.
I still get mid-combat lag spikes for few secs - it's terrible no matter what you play...
Would we get a dev response on the issue finally?

#70 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Did you guys alt-tab while playing? I noticed that this increases the chances of freezing for me. Maybe just a coincidence. But maybe they have a memory leak that freezes your computer (I had a memory warning several time and I have 12gb of ram).

#71 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostViges, on 13 August 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Did you guys alt-tab while playing? I noticed that this increases the chances of freezing for me. Maybe just a coincidence. But maybe they have a memory leak that freezes your computer (I had a memory warning several time and I have 12gb of ram).

Nope - none of those - though I did that in the past - alt-tabbing.
My connection is fine for any other of the games I play, sometimes I join American servers just for variety - still no issues.
No memory leeks too - I watch my CPU/Memory usage here and then.
Changed my router also - I am constantly pinging stuff cause I am getting paranoid - no problems there detected.
Also - I mentioned my somewhat imbah' internet no-bandwith(I hear this is sort of fashionate around the world and stuff - not where I live at) - got enough traffic to be able to download foreign stuff at the humble 3/4/5 megaBYTES per sec - worse case scenario my upload is say 1/2, 1/3 of that - more than enough for any currently available online game, not to mention it's more than enough to be running 5 of them and downloading at the same time with no issues.

But you guessed it - I have problems with this game's servers(from about ~3 weeks) and I am aware that there could be tracing issues with providers and stuff - either way a developer should make sure that should never occur.

#72 1ShotPaddy

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Last night the game froze out for several minutes, during which time I was freely able to maneuver around the entire map (HPG), seeing where every enemy was positioned.

Luckily for me the match then crashed, as I had unknowingly been surrounded on all sides at every conceivable entry point. Had the game actually continued as normal I'd have been blasted to smithereens in seconds, and I wouldn't have even known what hit me.

Never felt so vulnerable in my life. Ignorance is bliss.

#73 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostViges, on 13 August 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

It's not related. Nothing wrong client side; it's not your computer, not your ISP, nothing wrong on your end. It's all PGI server side.

There has been numerous posts and topics from people affected since this issue surfaced on a large scale since the "rejoin" patch. Frustratingly, PGI does not acknowledge anything about this on their own forums or via support.

Here's a recent thread;
http://mwomercs.com/...g-on-right-now/

#74 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

GOD DAMNED PGI!
Will my usage of the word "****" will draw your attention?
I am alt-tabbed from a game that started lagging in the most dramatic moment - in the heat of the combat - and by "lagging" I mean lag-freeze (almost)all the players in the game.
When it was over my game was ruined - I think third time for tonight...
Night after night after night.
When we will get some attention, answers, explanation, estimate - all the stuff a normal staff would do when there's an issue concerning the whole gameplay?
Look where you got me to - I am becoming not only disappointed from you, but arrogant also...
Please, show us you are aware of this issue's presence.

#75 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

yup more then anything the lag causes me great distress. thinking i pulled off a perfect shot only to watch whoever magically skip away is bs when you already try to use the least amount of ammo.

#76 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 13 August 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

No memory leeks too - I watch my CPU/Memory usage here and then.

Do you monitor your video mem too? I just thought it could be video mem leak, well another wild guess why not :wub:

Anyway not_alt-tabing reduced my freezes a lot, and when i have some little freeze i reload the game and can play for a while.

View Postei8ht, on 13 August 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

It's not related. Nothing wrong client side; it's not your computer, not your ISP, nothing wrong on your end. It's all PGI server side.

My guess its pgi client side. When your mwo client does smth that desyncs you and game is going on while youre frozen.

I'm a little (I mean very very much) worried about Karl Berg hasnt posted for a while. Is he on vacation or...

#77 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...k-improvements/

That's all I got.

#78 Snougar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yeah it's definitely a server issue. I'm from England and when it spikes, everyone gets them.

#79 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 August 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Sounds good - from one point of view that is.
From another though - do you think this is the friggin right way to know when there're issues?
Watch for some dude post that contains a link to twitter stuff? Geeeeze.....
I've slept well and I am still pissed off from the lag spikes I had yesterday. And the day before. And the day before. And the day before.
Can't recall having that kinda issues even(thinks for a bit how while it actually was) 13/14 to ~10 years ago when I was playing counter strike.
The issue - as gamebraking as it could be - is something I would've lived with - probably for another week or so, waiting for DAT patch.
But the fact there aint no official statement about it is something really concerning and it's kinda raging me off...

#80 Dragcos

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBush

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I as well am encountering massive lag spikes which I find very weird my ping {or lat} sits around 51-59 so in my mind I shouldn't be seeing any spikes unless the server is having problems. If the server is having problems maybe PGI just maybe it is time for a server reset? Possibly also would you please fix the lag spikes before releasing any new content? Personally I could care less about new maps & shiny mechs if the lag spikes get outta hand.... If they aren't already....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users