Balance

93 replies to this topic

#1 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

You know the module that was supposed to be single use to make all missiles targeting you (Or better yet targeting mechs inside the Chaff template) lose lock for 4-5 seconds after you pop it?

I am so sick of LRM's every match.

Used to be that a single ton of AMS would last you the match. Now i'll be lucky if a single ton lasts me the first 3 minutes of the game (and I'm inside a ECM bubble not even being targeted!)

So I ask again....Where is my Chaff module?

#2 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 August 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

You know the module that was supposed to be single use to make all missiles targeting you (Or better yet targeting mechs inside the Chaff template) lose lock for 4-5 seconds after you pop it?

I am so sick of LRM's every match.

Used to be that a single ton of AMS would last you the match. Now i'll be lucky if a single ton lasts me the first 3 minutes of the game (and I'm inside a ECM bubble not even being targeted!)

Get Radar Deprivation, that will help a lot.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yes, lets make another weapon group totally obsolete and further bow down to the the AC master race.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 August 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

The LRM balance needs to be simpler, not more complicated. Delete the target deprivation module, give all mechs the effect of target deprivation and give AMS a buff. Then nerf ECM's skillcloak effect while keeping the anti lrm abilities.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

I want an ecm uav

Edited by Monkey Lover, 19 August 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#6 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Actually that's a good question, forgot about that module

#7 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 19 August 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Actually that's a good question, forgot about that module

Shhhhh

#8 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 August 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

I want an ecm uav

Given how fast those things get shot out of the sky it would probably be a good idea. But in all seriousness, shooting down UAVs is fun.

#9 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostScratx, on 19 August 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

Get Radar Deprivation, that will help a lot.

Radar Dep doesn't work in the open, and it doesn't help nearly enough.

I want a legit tactic of charging across the open and popping chaff along the way to get in among them.

I hate being anchored to the same damn 6 ECM variants.

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 August 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Radar Dep doesn't work in the open, and it doesn't help nearly enough. I want a legit tactic of charging across the open and popping chaff along the way to get in among them. I hate being anchored to the same damn 6 ECM variants.

Legit tactic of charging across the open ground? Sounds like something that is from the 19th century... ... ah, I remember it now.

http://en.wikipedia....e_light_brigade

"C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"

Stop being stupid.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 August 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#11 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

just dont mind the troll,

i think this is a pretty good idea but it should be a type of weapon in my opinion, put it on the missile hardpoint like a narc but you shoot chaff missiles out of it,

they'd make a cloud on top of you that detonates missiles safely above your mech, at least for 1 salvo. it would make up for the cheapness that is being narc'd in caustic valley

#12 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

I want a legit tactic of charging across the open and popping chaff along the way to get in among them.

ECM is cruch for the less skilled of a pilot.

Stop using ECM mechs, and you will be surprised at how much better you might become, when you have more options in terms of hard points then you did before. Using Cover to get in close is a sign of a good pilot. Also a good LRM pilot will also know how to minimize the likelihood of an enemy sneaking up on them too. So its really all about the PILOT SKILL, and not the weapon systems.

#13 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 August 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Legit tactic of charging across the open ground? Sounds like something that is from the 19th century... ... ah, I remember it now.

Stop being stupid.

Yeah, because a 1.5 ton MAGIC BOX is more believable than popping CHAFF, a tactic that has been around far longer than any Magic boxes.

Apparently I'm not the one that needs to check himself.

Hell if we had an Artillery module that dropped s SMOKE / Chaff wall I would be down with that.

#14 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 19 August 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Stop using ECM mechs, and you will be surprised at how much better you might become, when you have more options in terms of hard points then you did before. Using Cover to get in close is a sign of a good pilot. Also a good LRM pilot will also know how to minimize the likelihood of an enemy sneaking up on them too. So its really all about the PILOT SKILL, and not the weapon systems.

so the LRM takes skill to evade, we can all agree on that.

but it doesn't take skill to launch - does it?.... No. no it doesn't. - getting flanked is the biggest of your concerns? all mechs get flanked, try piloting a slow assault and not watch your own back..........

so why is it only a one street way? why does it take skill to avoid but not to use - lrm needs a rework so it is more powerful but way harder to hit enemies with

#15 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 19 August 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I never said I was using the ECM mechs...I said I hate being BOUND TO THEM.

Because there isn't a single other viable tactic to defeat the ungodly C3 LRM shinanigans. You can't hide from 12 people and be effective, just doesn't work. You can't even cross a 100-200m expanse of space unless you have ECM or going mach 10 without getting obliterated by LRM's.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 August 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Yeah, because a 1.5 ton MAGIC BOX is more believable than popping CHAFF, a tactic that has been around far longer than any Magic boxes. Apparently I'm not the one that needs to check himself. Hell if we had an Artillery module that dropped s SMOKE / Chaff wall I would be down with that.

1. I have been opposing the magic Jesus box since its inception. PGI had ****** it up big time. I am also for changing the IDF of LRMs to TAG/NARC only if the ECM is toned down.

2. Charging across any open ground in any FPS game is a dumb tactic that should stay dumb. And why only against LRMs? I find DF weapons much more deadly when exposed in the open. Yeah let's get a team wide bubble module that grants -50% damage against all energy and ballistics, that'll do the trick.

3. Trying to implement decent looking smoke rounds without majorly ******* up the FPS? Not gonna happen. Those smoke rounds will cause the frame rates plummet faster than the 12 v 12 launch, especially when spammed by both sides.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 August 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#17 FDJustin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

I want more consumable variants. Chaff is a very good start. A one use 4 - 5 second zone of denial isn't going to make LRMS suddenly never work again.

#18 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 August 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

A great idea! Would use.

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 August 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Because people want to play the game by hiding behind large buildings or rocks for the first 10 mins, before they even get to brawling. LRMS are too easy, with indirect fire, spotters, BAP, Artemis, UAV, Advanced Target Decay, Advanced Sensor Range, TAG, NARC (the worst item in game). Not the game i want.

Edited by Ace Selin, 19 August 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#19 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 August 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

2. Charging across any open ground in any FPS game is a dumb tactic that should stay dumb. And why only against LRMs? I find DF weapons much more deadly when exposed in the open. Yeah let's get a team wide bubble module that grants -50% damage against all energy and ballistics, that'll do the trick.

easy answer, because LRM users can shoot you even though you don't see them in open ground to return fire.

direct fire users can face retaliation, LRM users typically do not.

a light mech looks at you in tourmaline and instead of trading firepower with him, he just tags you and the missiles fly down,
that's more firepower than a dire wolf right there, depending on how many LRM users are on the team, shooting the spotter pretty damn difficult thanks to the STUN LOCK mechanic of lrm

so in short: no. direct fire weapons, (Eg. looking at an atlas shoot at you from a hillside)

isn't the same as seeing missiles fly off from behind a rock and landing on your head, so direct fire weapons are really not as efficient as the ZERO exposure time from LRM

Edited by Mazzyplz, 19 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#20 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Translation: I want to not be punished for running like a noob across open terrain at the enemy.

No, no, you deserve to have LRM's dropped on your head in this instance. Learn to use cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users