116 replies to this topic

#21 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

did over 1000 games in the Victor last summer (AC20/ERPPC/375XL). the low slung arms are a HUGE disadvantage and take a lot of finesse to overcome but i much prefer mobility over firepower and it was a fun mech to brawl in and it helped me take my brawling game to the next level

took it out last week, same loadout - absolutely DISGUSTING

my Battlemasters go 5kph slower and can dance around the Victor - does that even make sense?

#22 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Victor is completely fine. Its my highest kdr mech with over 2kdr. over 1k matches per mech. You guys should learn how to pilot a victor perhaps.

I do see allways the same ppl on the forum confirming each other. The Forum became like a parallel world where the ingame reality doesnt gets reflected anymore. Thats why this forum is kinda useless due to some ppl 24/7 forum warrior instead actually playing the game.

The victor its Jumpjet needs actually a nerf- 2 ton instead 1 ton.

#23 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

I wasn't aware that the Victor was a poor chassis and was in need of buffs.

#24 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 31 August 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Victor is completely fine. Its my highest kdr mech with over 2kdr. over 1k matches per mech. You guys should learn how to pilot a victor perhaps.

I do see allways the same ppl on the forum confirming each other. The Forum became like a parallel world where the ingame reality doesnt gets reflected anymore. Thats why this forum is kinda useless due to some ppl 24/7 forum warrior instead actually playing the game.

The victor its Jumpjet needs actually a nerf- 2 ton instead 1 ton.

I've got a K/d of 3.11, 3.5 and 3.9, that doesn't mean they should turn like 100 ton mechs.

Why the hell should the JJs be nerfed?! They are already hover jets!

Would you kindly explain why they should be nerfed further, rather than be restored and not artificially nerfed?

#25 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 August 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

i wasnt either. But hey, some ppl play a different Mwo

#26 Mandolorian

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Maybe someone should get ahold of a PGI employee and ask them to take another look at this thread? I believe aside from some of the more heated points made here that fixing the Victor has merit and should be seriously considered. An 80T mech designed to brawl but now moves with arthritis due to the Debuffing isnt the way to go. I believe they could get more people to start using older mechs if they decided to revamp or even update the IS mechs we are currently using. Dont get me wrong, having only a small fraction of both the IS and Clan mechs is aggravating to say the least, but improving these old mechs wouldnt take too much of an effort would it? give the old mechs some perks, maybe some detail updates and bam, all of us who have paid hundreds of dollars now feel a world better seeing it put to good use.

#27 Mandolorian

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I wasnt saying it was a poor chassis, only that its the only mech in the game currently with straight negatives for its buffs. I had hoped to get enough people talking about it to have PGI notice and perhaps give it an overhaul. I do not mean to make it better than the rest, only give it back some of what made it such an effective and threatening mech. Reading everyones posts on here i notice that only a small handful say its fine or doesnt need a tune up, But having it as one of my favorite mechs to play and playing MWO almost 7 days a week I wonder if maybe they could bring back some glory to this fan favorite mech. Maybe if they do take the time to rework this mech it will spread to the others that need tuning up and we could see alot more positive feedback both ingame and the forums. At the least it would give PGI the peace of mind that their players dont hate them to the point of quitting. On a more positive note though, thank you all for giving your input. Both the positive and the negative. It has given me alot to ponder.

#28 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

#29 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

give me an Akuma, and you can have the Victor http://www.sarna.net...x-Akuma.gif.png

#30 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostMandolorian, on 31 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I wasnt saying it was a poor chassis, only that its the only mech in the game currently with straight negatives for its buffs. I had hoped to get enough people talking about it to have PGI notice and perhaps give it an overhaul. I do not mean to make it better than the rest, only give it back some of what made it such an effective and threatening mech. Reading everyones posts on here i notice that only a small handful say its fine or doesnt need a tune up, But having it as one of my favorite mechs to play and playing MWO almost 7 days a week I wonder if maybe they could bring back some glory to this fan favorite mech. Maybe if they do take the time to rework this mech it will spread to the others that need tuning up and we could see alot more positive feedback both ingame and the forums. At the least it would give PGI the peace of mind that their players dont hate them to the point of quitting. On a more positive note though, thank you all for giving your input. Both the positive and the negative. It has given me alot to ponder.

Any 'fixes' to the agility nerfs would just be a buff to the chassis, which it doesn't need. In competitive play the Victor is still regarded as an excellent mech in both sniping and brawling via the 9S. It was broken before. It was still broken post-nerf before the JJ changes. Now it's still a top mech, but it's not leagues above the rest.

The Victor is the only XL-compatible assault mech and it has a high engine cap to boot. It can safely use an XL where everything else can't, allowing it to mount larger engines than normal at little cost to survivability. Allowing an assault to do this throws off the entire idea of class balance. Lights even are not able to maneuver around agility nerfed Victors, much less the pre-nerfed variant. The same applies to mediums. Mechs, for balance, can only have 2 of the following: firepower, tankiness, agility. Mechs that have all 3, like the Timberwolf, are completely broken. The Victor is skirting the edge with agility even now.

#31 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

PGI worked to nerf the Victor and as with 90% of their nerfs, they're never going to undo it as that would make their work redundant.

#32 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

It's PGI, old stopgap solutions are never reverted after the underlying problem is fixed. Quoth the Raven's leg hitboxes, "Nevermore."

#33 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 31 August 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

130 tons, you say?

Posted Image

Well...it's 135, but close enough. :P

So random...just came across that mech on Sarna last night.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Any 'fixes' to the agility nerfs would just be a buff to the chassis, which it doesn't need. In competitive play the Victor is still regarded as an excellent mech in both sniping and brawling via the 9S. It was broken before. It was still broken post-nerf before the JJ changes. Now it's still a top mech, but it's not leagues above the rest.

The Victor is the only XL-compatible assault mech and it has a high engine cap to boot. It can safely use an XL where everything else can't, allowing it to mount larger engines than normal at little cost to survivability. Allowing an assault to do this throws off the entire idea of class balance. Lights even are not able to maneuver around agility nerfed Victors, much less the pre-nerfed variant. The same applies to mediums. Mechs, for balance, can only have 2 of the following: firepower, tankiness, agility. Mechs that have all 3, like the Timberwolf, are completely broken. The Victor is skirting the edge with agility even now.

In comp, while brawling, you can depend on 11 other people to have your back. When PUGing, you cannot. An 80 ton brawler with the agility of a 100 ton Atlas is stupid, bro, plain and simple.

#35 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 August 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

In comp, while brawling, you can depend on 11 other people to have your back. When PUGing, you cannot. An 80 ton brawler with the agility of a 100 ton Atlas is stupid, bro, plain and simple.

They aren't really comparable because the Victor can safely run engine sizes much larger than an Atlas can. Anyways, that's a problem with brawling in general in pub queue, it's not specific to the Victor.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

They aren't really comparable because the Victor can safely run engine sizes much larger than an Atlas can. Anyways, that's a problem with brawling in general in pub queue, it's not specific to the Victor.

gonna have to agree to disagree. Most successful Atlases run between a 325-350 because of how bad their agility is. Most VTRS run between a 320-350 (as anything bigger tends to be a waste) and thus, have the same turn speed as most Atlases in the field.

#37 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

gonna have to agree to disagree. Most successful Atlases run between a 325-350 because of how bad their agility is. Most VTRS run between a 320-350 (as anything bigger tends to be a waste) and thus, have the same turn speed as most Atlases in the field.

I can't imagine an Atlas with less than a 325. That's like the absolute minimum for a viable atlas. Especially in a post direwolf world.

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 August 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

I can't imagine an Atlas with less than a 325. That's like the absolute minimum for a viable atlas. Especially in a post direwolf world.

Exactly. Heck, If I could fit a 350 in my RS, I would, but that it just don't work. :(

#39 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

A normal Victor is running a 350XL and a normal Atlas is running a 325STD, leaving the Victor with a 20kph speed advantage over the Atlas and a 7ish tonnage difference in the Atlases favor.

The 20kph speed advantage is the kicker here... the Victor also turns faster regardless.

Furthermore, balance needs to be looked at overall. Is the Victor weak in any way? Does it need a buff in any way? No, it doesn't. Normalizing things for the sake of being normalized is a stupid way to go about things and results in things like AC2s getting nerfed.

Edited by Adiuvo, 31 August 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#40 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

The Victor is the only XL-compatible assault mech and it has a high engine cap to boot. It can safely use an XL where everything else can't, allowing it to mount larger engines than normal at little cost to survivability.

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 August 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

A normal Victor is running a 350XL and a normal Atlas is running a 325STD, leaving the Victor with a 20kph speed advantage over the Atlas and a 7ish tonnage difference in the Atlases favor.

The 20kph speed advantage is the kicker here... the Victor also turns faster regardless.

XL Compatible doesn't mean "safe".

The Victor's STs aren't exactly tiny - they are good.

But they are not that hard to hit at all - its also become a lot more common to take ST damage with all of the laser spam and SRM builds running around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users