Is It Time To Increase Xp And C-Bill Rewards?

111 replies to this topic

#81 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 01 October 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

I think the CB earning would be ok ik we could buy a mech and strate up master it without buying too trash variants

or at least make it down to 2. only master it by itself would be meh again...

#82 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

For the most part, I'm fine with the current reward system. I started in December of 2012 and I have every Mech that I really want. I haven't played in a while because they haven't released any new Mechs that I want.

Reducing grind to a casual level is not always a good thing. You lose the Hardcore people quickly that way. Catering to the casual player can make some quick money. But, it isn't good for long term sustainability. Look at some of the other games that did just that.

Some of my favorite games are actualy very GRIND HEAVY. Ragnarok Online, Aion, TERA. All Korean made MMORPGs. I use to be a Hardcore Gamer and still one at heart. I just, don't have the time I use to beacuse I have a family now. However, I still have no sympathy for people complaing about not having enough free time to make big acomplishments in a game.

Everquest is another game that is very grind heavy. People are still playing it and it came out 15 years ago.

Edited by Eddrick, 01 October 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#83 GeoBlue

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

Yes its time to increase both. I agree 100%!!!

#84 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

also take into acount the massive waiting times for finding a match. that slows your rate of games played which means you make even less cbills.

#85 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

cbills are fine, more xp would be good though

#86 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

I agree on increasing the rewards for "non-combat" related activities such as C-ECM, Spotting assists Tag/Narc, Capturing and so forth. There doesn't need to be an increase on kill assists, component destruction or kills except to make all modes equal in value instead of leaving conquest the poor cousin.

#87 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:26 AM

More would be nice, but is it needed?

How many Mechs do you need?

How quickly do you master skills in real life? No I am not suggesting we take YEARS in game But I can master a Mech in a matter of weeks (rule of 3s) paying no money. Paying money in minutes.

There should be some effort to become a master of a Mech, to me On line gaming takes to little time and effort to grow. In Neverwinter I was 10th lvl in a matter of Hours (2-3 hours). 312 hours of play on the dining room table reduced to 4-6 hours! It was disappointingly easy to become a Hero level character.

No the effort level of gaming has all but died.

#88 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:47 AM

Maybe this game needs like a difficulty level option, a hard level for people that see value in the big grind of the current earning model and then a normal option for people that don't have time to play several hours a day that earn 30% more.

The devs just made a huge miscalculation when they made this grind by doing the CBill nerf, since it's without a doubt chasing off players that quickly identify how much grinding it takes to master anything with the pilot skills we have. Most new players won't start paying for premium time as they hit the grind right after their 25 first matches. They'll more likely quit by far, which leaves us with the bad player population we have today with the slow matchmaking. Or maybe this game is made to mainly cater to diehard battletech whales, which is of course a mistake for the longevity of this game.

Edited by Torgun, 02 October 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#89 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

The duller the game, the harder the grind. Hard to believe they took a simple deathmatch game and made the rewards come so incredibly slowly.

#90 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

What is worse? To have a long grind or get everything instantly and have nowhere left to go... or hit the 'pay wall'?

#91 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 October 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Maybe this game needs like a difficulty level option, a hard level for people that see value in the big grind of the current earning model and then a normal option for people that don't have time to play several hours a day that earn 30% more.

The devs just made a huge miscalculation when they made this grind by doing the CBill nerf, since it's without a doubt chasing off players that quickly identify how much grinding it takes to master anything with the pilot skills we have. Most new players won't start paying for premium time as they hit the grind right after their 25 first matches. They'll more likely quit by far, which leaves us with the bad player population we have today with the slow matchmaking. Or maybe this game is made to mainly cater to diehard battletech whales, which is of course a mistake for the longevity of this game.

To be fair the current earning model would be medium setting, we had the Breadline Economy during CB, this is not in that league.

View PostKjudoon, on 02 October 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

What is worse? To have a long grind or get everything instantly and have nowhere left to go... or hit the 'pay wall'?

for me Intstant is worse.

#92 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 02 October 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

To have a long grind.

#93 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostTaffer, on 02 October 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

To have a long grind.

My favorite AD&D character took 12 years to reach retirement age. You have no notion what a Long grind is. In fact all my favorite most memorable characters, were the ones I players for years.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 October 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#94 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

guess why i named this account after my EVE char. it served me well, had a reputation. 4 years.... but the game went to ****.
because of the everything was getting easy and casual.
end of 2011 there were 60k players online on the european evening. now its not even half of it anymore.
make your own thoughts about how good going more casual is for games that will never attract mass-population. and there are far more people that love spaceships than mechs.

#95 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

To be fair the current earning model would be medium setting, we had the Breadline Economy during CB, this is not in that league.

One man's medium is another man's grind. It all depends on how much time you got on your hands.

#96 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:40 AM

This is also why the "Pay for Impatience" model works.

#97 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 02 October 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

This is also why the "Pay for Impatience" model works.

Or as I already mentioned, people move on to things that are more enjoyable instead.

#98 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostNextGame, on 02 October 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

cbills are fine, more xp would be good though

GXP, yes. Mech xp, it's more than enough, although a bit hard to get on bad variants.
C-bills are just... put it this way i have atleast 80k unused XP on my Dire Whale prime and i still don't have enough for the 2nd one yet.

#99 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

Sitting on 20k gxp, could unlock even more modules, but don't have the cbills to buy them anyway.

#100 Alek Ituin

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

I support increasing the C-Bill income for component destruction, damage, kills, and assists (UAV, spotting, damage, kill, etc.) by at least 50%. Don't touch match bonuses, multipliers, or the base match reward.

Set damage rewards to be equal to the amount of damage caused, with assists being equal to kills (prevents kill stealing rather effectively). You do 75% damage, but another person finished off your target? You get a reward equal to 75% of the damage, plus the kill assist reward. Other person gets a reward equal to 25% damage, plus a kill reward equal to that of the assist reward. Throw in component destruction rewards and the miscellaneous assist rewards... you're raking in the dough for the work you're doing.

You'll get duly rewarded for doing damage and breaking Mechs, but nobody loses out if a target gets vulched.

Edited by Alek Ituin, 02 October 2014 - 05:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users