Discussion for new Rewards system

120 replies to this topic

#84 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

looks good a buff in cbills is definitely in order, love the system though... id suspect the numbers may even need to be higher then whats coming but we are making rapid headway :D alot different then what would have happened a couple months ago :P

#85 Devolton

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

I like playing supporting role , like a MAD DOG LRM boat or a CENTURIAN sniper using LARGE LAZER and AC BUT after the change I M ANGRY WITH THE EXP GIVEN TO KILL ASSISTS. 1xp for 1 kill assists. COME ON MAN TRY KILLING A DIRE WOLF or ATLAS HEAD ON WITHOUT LRM SUPPORT or sniper support to prevent other mech coming in at U. OR in the heat of battle u over heat and u see your enemy is bomb by my lrm or my sniper shoot. ALSO THE LOST EXP IS SO LOW (40xp only) until I cannot even level up my new mech. Especially now, when I can almost see every match 3 DIRE or 3 ATLAS, each game finish dam fast. EVEN if I WIN I sometime get only 200exp it no different from losing. Wait. I forget lose even worst is below 100exp. It make me MAD to see this after I stay alive for the whole match. Pls put back the old amount of EXP FOR WIN / LOSE , KILL ASISTS and other. PLS REMEMBER THIS, U REMOVE THE BAD AND NOT REMOVE THE GOOD THING ONLY IMPROVE.

#86 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

More feed back....

I was playing my Cicada yesterday,

It has an AC-5 and 4 ML's.. I play it like a scout/sniper, with lance support.. doing lots of flanking, and shooting from behind. I was getting very high money payouts, and XP.. A few matches over 2500 xp! This mech a good match was well over 1000 XP

then i switched over to my Raven 3L

This mech is loaded up with 2ML's and 2 SRM4's. This mech i play much more as lance support. Cover mechs in ECM, and protect the assaults. Lots of duck and cover, and maneuver behind the mechs, all while trying to stay close to the lance. I notice i get very little flank, or hit and run with this mech, even though that is what i do most, though i do it up close and personal like.

I am getting on average around 400-800 XP, I am defiantly getting noticeably less with this mech than the cicada.. But i am getting higher XP still than i would normally in a loss before the change, but wins, are a little lower over all.

while both mechs are getting around the same total damage, though the cicada is slightly higher, I have noticed i get more kills, and more of the total damage kills with the cicada mech. I also was getting higher flank, and hit and run.. Even though in the raven i am hitting and running lots more, But perhaps the time in between the hits is just much lower as i am mainly in a melee brawl with other mechs, supporting them.

so while both mechs are playing very similar rolls, One is doing it at range, and the other up close and personal. the long ranged mech is getting better payouts.. I do have to wonder if the constant AC-5 barrage from long range and behind is the reason for this

Edited by JC Daxion, 22 October 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#87 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 22 October 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

As I have said, it seems like brawlers aren't getting the love they deserve in the new system (my brawler builds are making slightly less).. If that's your problem , then I agree.. If you are one of those that runs around grazing everyone with your lasers to get kill assists, or someone who doesn't work with their team/lance, then maybe your play style should be nerfed.

I am the 1st guy except in challengies when i samelessly become the 2nd, never the 3rd B)

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 22 October 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#88 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

Mo' Money Mo' Money

I gots no complaints.

#89 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

I realise there's a fix coming, but XP is still very low. It needs something like a 25% boost across the board.Games where I'd earn 2000+ XP (With PT) I'm now getting closer to 800.

Edited by Bront, 23 October 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#90 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Really enjoying Rewards 2.0 overall.

Had some matches where my earnings were terrible, lower than the lowest under the previous system, causing me to lose c-bills when using multiple consumables; Will have to be very careful using consumable when a match is going poorly, which is unfortunate, because when a match is unfavourable is when you needs those extra boosts the most. Will require an adjustment in behavior if the lows are going to be lower.

Had just as many matches come out with very big payouts, nearly 300k (with premium time but a good payout even if you subtract the bonuses), so the average seems pretty much the same.

It's not just abut win or loss, I've had some where my team was stomped but I still earned 130k and times when my team has won, but I spent most of the match in the wrong area and been excluded from any engagements until after the targets were already dead.

Some people complain about having to "farm the new bonuses", but before you had to "farm" kills and assists anyway. The new bonuses reward you for specific behaviors so just try to keep those in mind and be prepared to adjust, but in general I've been playing the same and earning new bonuses along the way.

#91 Rooikat

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn the wild

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

Not a bad hotfix.

The CBill rewards have increased nicely for both wins and losses. Found that roles are better rewarded there now.

Still feel that Premium time or a CBill bonus mech is needed to actually make any head way in CBill grinding, which is disappointing.

On the XP side - this is still low and could use a little more tweaking.

But - all moving in the right direction.

#92 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hotfix rewards are still off

Seriously buff rewards for doing well, or buff the team wide rewards, currently you have everything set to garbage levels if you aren't a TAG /NARC monkey.

#93 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostAdamski, on 23 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Hotfix rewards are still off

Seriously buff rewards for doing well, or buff the team wide rewards, currently you have everything set to garbage levels if you aren't a TAG /NARC monkey.

I ran my Ilya this afternoon and I was making plenty of C-Bills.. 300k, and 1-2000 XP.. I was honestly feeling like the rewards might have been a bit too rich. NO TAG on that, pure dakka brawler. 3UAC5 and 3 MPLS.

I think some of you are either making things up or were farming rewards in some way which no longer works.

#94 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Just triple the savage bonus(8x8) so everyone will get a good 60kk from a win and we'll have to work with our play style up from there and also returne the loss bonus to 25k

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 23 October 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#95 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:14 AM

Ok, finally figured out the game actually does make screen shots, but that you can't paste them.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see this is a pretty pitiful effort for a Heavy mech as formidable as this Ilya. Less than 200 dmg and last in my lance. This was the first match for me after a long all-nighter at work.. This was the first win of the day for me so keep that in mind as far xp goes. Regardless, you can see that even for this lack luster showing I still made a pretty handsome payday. Hell, I almost feel bad..

This is the 3xUAC5, 3xMPLS build, and once again it does not have tag, or narc. I spent the fight trying to brawl in what way seemed best for my team at the time, trying to focus fire and cooperated on flanking etc...

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 24 October 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#96 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Here is another example, this time, not such a bad showing..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahh, that's more like it.. My next match I am a little more warmed up.. This time I have a pretty good showing in my trusty dakka machine.. Not epic, but pretty good.. With a nice payout to boot.. That XP isn't from first win of the day this time. Once again, this mech has 3xUAC5 and 3xMPLS, no TAG or NARC.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 24 October 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#97 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

CBill rewards are in a good place now. XP still feels like it's lacking slightly.

It still hurts to lose, but if you do well in a loss you aren't screwed.

#98 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

My earnings have sky rocketed since using tag and narc (almost by a 33%+ margin); I was struggling with the new Atlas, and then I decided to try a narc and tag on it, and that is when losses amounted to wins as far as cbills go.

So, the question is, whether Tag and Narc on non-scout like roles was the design intent?

My build for the new atlas, was an Ac20, ASRM6, 2ALRM5's, 3ML, Narc, and Tag. Even when I lose, I can make upwards of 100-120k; last few wins, roughly 325-350k (kills low, assists around 5-7, and averaging 400-500 damage).

This does not seem to be the intended role of an assault, but in PUGs it is a money maker. I have been making more money today alone, then I feel I have made in a long time.

My recomendation is that there be a scaling bonus per chassis type who "take advantage and game this" cbill generation method.

Lights get the full bonus, maybe even mediums, then a 25% drop for heavies, and a 50% drop for Assaults when using Tag and Narc.

If you check your stastics on high end players, I would not be surprised if there are consistant 400k+ earners now out there; if this is the intent, so be it.

Edited by Aphoticus, 24 October 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#99 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 24 October 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

My earnings have sky rocketed since using tag and narc (almost by a 33%+ margin); I was struggling with the new Atlas, and then I decided to try a narc and tag on it, and that is when losses amounted to wins as far as cbills go.

So, the question is, whether Tag and Narc on non-scout like roles was the design intent?

My build for the new atlas, was an Ac20, ASRM6, 2ALRM5's, 3ML, Narc, and Tag. Even when I lose, I can make upwards of 100-120k; last few wins, roughly 325-350k (kills low, assists around 5-7, and averaging 400-500 damage).

This does not seem to be the intended role of an assault, but in PUGs it is a money maker. I have been making more money today alone, then I feel I have made in a long time.

My recomendation is that there be a scaling bonus per chassis type who "take advantage and game this" cbill generation method.

Lights get the full bonus, maybe even mediums, then a 25% drop for heavies, and a 50% drop for Assaults when using Tag and Narc.

If you check your stastics on high end players, I would not be surprised if there are consistant 400k+ earners now out there; if this is the intent, so be it.

I think they should just move the TAG and NARC bonuses back to the way they were.. Or at least only make them pay out when someone fires missiles at the target. Make the NARC and TAG kill conditional on whether the target was hit by missiles, or damaged by missiles over _%

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 24 October 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#100 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

I am glad some of you like this new system. Personally it has cost me about 35% overall in the last 2 days in cbills and xp. I have not changed my play style and find the little dialogue boxes trying to explain that you somehow performed some sort of flank or paradiddle or iced a cake or something a tad annoying.
My bankroll of cbills is going down with the cost of consumables and I have never seen this happen before at least not to this scale.
But thank you for the awesome new mechs.
My 2 cents worth.

#101 mmstahlman

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

I am seeing similar results... 35% loss.

Doing 400-600 damage with 1 to 4 kills used to get me in the 180,000 range in skirmish. Using a UAV would get me a little extra. Now I am getting 120,000 - 140,000 even with UAV and with the occasional WTF match in the 80,000 range.

VERY unhappy with the rewards in Skirmish.
Played a few Conquest and those seemed ok with capping a few points, but still a meh game format for me.

#102 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

I find the new rewards system kind of swingy. What do I mean by that? I mean that the c-bills earned are highly variable depending almost entirely on whether you are using TAG or not. If you do not have/use TAG, your c-bills from damage are kind of very low, but if you have TAG you get good c-bills for damage, AND some c-bills for other peoples' damage. This results in about a 30%~ish drop in rewards on loss in comparison to the previous system for me in matches without TAG, and about a 25%~ish increase in rewards in general in matches with TAG for me. I haven't tested NARC as I do not use it, but based on the number of people abruptly doing so, I suspect that NARC users enjoy a similar improvement to earnings.

Also, this may not be the ideal place for this, but I think that a Tanking reward would be super. It would be neat if you got a reward when someone targeting you took damage to a back armor segment from one of your allies. Like really neat. It'd be kind of the other side of the flanking bonus coin, if you will. You know, give the person holding an enemy's attention a bonus similar to the bonus granted for the person flanking and actually applying damage to the enemy, which might give a bit of incentive to play assaults and lights.

Super compact explanation: Enemy targets you -> enemy takes damage to back from one of your friends (not his) -> you get rewarded.

#103 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

This new reward system is just rewarding people for doing TAG/NARC/LRM. Which sounds like role warfare but in reality is punishing people who do the real work like tanking and high DPS direct fire.

When some guy posted he got 200k CBills for doing zero damage and only TAGing, right there is an indication that something is wrong.

A game I just played using one of strongest Stormcrow builds

Posted Image

This is what you get when you don't TAG/NARC. Straight up SRM brawling Stormcrow, top damage and top match score across both teams. 178k CBills WITH premium time. In the past, this would have easily been a 200k game w/o premium time.

And do you know what this incentivises me to do? Load up on LRMs/TAG/NARC and sit in the back lines, not doing high DPS direct fire damage. That's what.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users