#281 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostBallimbo, on 10 November 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Don't think that Bishop Steiner, as he (she?) declined others, would listen to a completely stranger like me ;)

Probably wouldn't go and do it for ya, but might give tips on how to get it done yourself is what I meant. :lol:

View PostBallimbo, on 10 November 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Anyway, hm, another thing.There are some good explanations about colors and camos in this thread so thanks folks for that. But if one buys a Pack which grants more then one faction pack (say, 4) is there any benefit in choosing the same faction multiple times?

Multiple Warhorns/Flags and the like.

There are some people dedicated enough to their faction to go for multiples of one - there are others more mercenary who plan on getting different factions.

I would be in the Mercenary camp myself (semi-obviously :P)

#282 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 10 November 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Multiple Warhorns/Flags and the like.

just found this thread regarding my question.
And came back to edit my post - but you were so damn fast man! ;)
Thanks

#283 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostBallimbo, on 10 November 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

And came back to edit my post - but you were so damn fast man! ;)

Dead during a match with not enough going on to make it worth spectating the whole thing. :P

#284 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 24 October 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Wife joined a private gym last night with a personal trainer. I'm off the hook. ;)

It's a win-win for me!

;)

My expierence tells me this: it's all about the right timing. First get her to do something she really likes, and then seize the right moment ftw!

For example: My wife's playing Fifa on the Playstation right now, and was just excited as she won the qualifiers for the world championship with the national team she's coaching. So the only reaction to me telling her some minutes ago, that I will buy a package for mwo, was a simple 'ok'. Added a 'don't spend to much', as she did not even look away from the screen in saying so.
For great justice! ;)

(ok, that she likes playing games, does help in these kind of situations I guess... ;) )

Edit:
She just managed to score with a free-kick for the first time in game and is cheering around in the living room - I might get away with the wrath pack now :D

Edited by Ballimbo, 10 November 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#285 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostBallimbo, on 10 November 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

(ok, that she likes playing games, does help in these kind of situations I guess... ;) )

Lucky dog!

#286 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 10 November 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Lucky dog!

As the Grail Knight already said, and also my foremost recommandation after some years of marriage:
choose wisely :P

#287 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostBallimbo, on 10 November 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

so now we must gather those people to have them complain in the right places and in the right ways again, to change the Grasshopper ® variant to the 5H (instead of the 5J), as the 5H is the standard variant, no?

Why? I like the dual AMS one as the hero. I think that adds a lot of flexibility.

#288 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostK19, on 09 November 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

If I buy a Resistance Pack (Wrath Pack), how many colors will I get from it?

3 per faction you pick, up to 18 (since the wrath pack gets 6 faction picks)

If you pick the same faction twice, that's 3 less colors you get.

I'll have to think about it. I like having extra colors, but I technically have all that I need, and some of the colors look nearly identical. Definatly grabbinig at least 1 Steiner, might grab Marik and maybe Liao or Rasalhague for the colors, don't think I need any from Kurita or Davian. We'll see how the Warhorns are as well. I might get the smorgasbord board for that.

#289 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostBront, on 11 November 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

Why? I like the dual AMS one as the hero. I think that adds a lot of flexibility.

Because on one side the 5H would be the standard (or 1st Edition) variant, like the 6S on the Zeus, and on the other, for me, there's more flexibility in having 4 Laser-Hardpoints in the Sidetorsi (instead of none) then 2 in the centertorso (instead of one). And I think 1 Ams is sufficent. Ok, then again, the 5J has a higher engine-cap - but I don't think it will be used, as then there wouldn't be much room left for the armament + heatsinks, so the 5H should be fine in this departement.
But I'll live with the 5J, too ;)

#290 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

Waiting is hard. I find myself searching for new information about the resistance pack when there is no new information.

Edited by Duncan1dah0, 20 November 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#291 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

Any word on quirks for these mechs?

#292 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:29 AM

Will the faction colors be set or can I use Liao Black on any mech?

#293 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

The quirks for these mechs are the one thing that I'm truly curious about just now.

#294 Mortedrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Make Panther little bit faster - and tnan I'll buy it! B)

#295 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Well the way I see it this (Wrath) offer give you :
- 4 Hero Mechs estimated at 18000 MC (3000 + 4000+ 5000 + 6000) if you look at equivalent H mechs
- 8 Mechbays (don't count the 4 comming and staying with the 4 hero : 1200 MC if you buy them during sales at 150 each
- 12 colors : 6000MC (at 500MC a pop during sales) worth it if you don't have many colors (only got the c-bills ones myself)

For a total of 25200 MC or 84$ worth of MC if you bought them at the 99.95$ Black friday sale. So roughly the same price as if you buy it all later on. + you get a green Crab which you'll have the joy to see die under you match after match as people will just want to jump it each time ^^

Not counting all the other cockpit items (which I don't care about...) and the time and c-bills gained by not having to buy the standard variants etc.

So yeah its worth it if you plan on buying those things later on, or even if you only buy 3/4 of it later.

So for me I'm in. For everyone else make your spreadsheet and see what is of importance to you and act accordingly. And please remember if you are in doubt, just don't buy as impulse buying usually isn't good.

#296 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Humm question: After getting the Resistance pack is it normal that I don't see any mention of it in my pre order profile sub section.

Is this normal ? 1st pack I've bought here.

#297 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

The resistance page has been updated with what the items (hanging, standing, etc) look like.

#298 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 23 October 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Well guys, it's been nice knowing you. I just purchased the Resistance Wrath Pack. When my wife finds out, she is going to kill me and scatter my remains across the Inner Sphere. Remember me when CW comes out. Fight in behalf of our beloved Archon in my name.

Just kidding, she'll get over it. I'll just have to buy her something. Anyone have any suggestions? How about her own Wrath pack? LOL.

Jewelry, a sports car or wave bye bye to your third digit

#299 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

:D

#300 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostSaobh, on 28 November 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

Humm question: After getting the Resistance pack is it normal that I don't see any mention of it in my pre order profile sub section.

Is this normal ? 1st pack I've bought here.

As far as I know yes - and as far as I have seen theorized, it is probably because the preorder page has two parts: "Current" and "Past" and as the Clan Wave 2 is still "current" Resistance will not be showing.
(there are holes in that yes - but so long as the Resistance page is showing "owned", it is probably a fairly minor one)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users