Quirks Are Ridiculously Stupid....

99 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'm sorry...I am enjoying them but they are just SO stupidly over powered it isn't funny...

You've also brought back jump sniping.....just different mechs doing it now.

#2 Quicks

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

I agree, I play with 50% Is mechs and 50% clan mechs and this has gone out of hand clans mechs have got nerfed to the point that I do not want to play this game due to many hours of grinding to get c-bills and stuff just to have it broken the next week.

I Have played after the patch with the IS mechs that I love, but really this is not balance I would rather go back to all my IS mechs now and forget about my clan mech that got rapped now...

Well what I am going to do is and try and forget about this game, got some other stuff to play that I havent finished... Maybe after that I will come see whats going on but I think I have had enough.

What is the point in getting new mechs if all the mechs will be the same as the last ?

#3 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostQuicks, on 04 November 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

What is the point in getting new mechs if all the mechs will be the same as the last ?

PGI just made sure to actually move in a direction where mechs are more unique than ever and you complain about it? Damn, why does PGI even try?

#4 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Look at all the different mechs on the battlefield. Something tells me you just need to learn to adapt.

This patch is the best I have ever seen.

#5 MechlordX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

"What is the point in getting new mechs if all the mechs will be the same as the last?"

Well that's a silly thing to say about this patch, quirks diversify each mech with their own specilizations (even to separate models of the same chassis).

I haven't read every change so far, but I haven't seen any that are OP. Remember that the clan vs IS beta tests showed clan won 9/10 times. Clans also have more laser range now, and their weapons are way better weight.

With all that it's basically this: A specialized IS mech going against a clan mech of the same weight, the IS is actually going to be better at SOMETHING now. Depending on its quirks, of course. Im loving how this makes some mechs actually viable now.
Examples: Locusts (still pretty bad), Cicadas. Use to be outclassed by faster IS 35-tonners or out-damaged by clan lights. Vindicator, use to just be a terrible shadowhawk. Now has specialized benefits compared to it.

The only thing Im worried about, cheap mechs like the locust being too cheap and light, and thus OP in faction wars dropship battles. Although the huge weight limit and heavier weapons on IS mechs is probably going to keep that in line enough.

PS-I always thought jenners and firestarters were too good anyway but that doesn't mean other mechs getting buffs too is bad.

#6 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostMechlordX, on 04 November 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

"What is the point in getting new mechs if all the mechs will be the same as the last?"

Well that's a silly thing to say about this patch, quirks diversify each mech with their own specilizations (even to separate models of the same chassis).

I haven't read every change so far, but I haven't seen any that are OP. Remember that the clan vs IS beta tests showed clan won 9/10 times. Clans also have more laser range now, and their weapons are way better weight.

With all that it's basically this: A specialized IS mech going against a clan mech of the same weight, the IS is actually going to be better at SOMETHING now. Depending on its quirks, of course. Im loving how this makes some mechs actually viable now.
Examples: Locusts (still pretty bad), Cicadas. Use to be outclassed by faster IS 35-tonners or out-damaged by clan lights. Vindicator, use to just be a terrible shadowhawk. Now has specialized benefits compared to it.

The only thing Im worried about, cheap mechs like the locust being too cheap and light, and thus OP in faction wars dropship battles. Although the huge weight limit and heavier weapons on IS mechs is probably going to keep that in line enough.

PS-I always thought jenners and firestarters were too good anyway but that doesn't mean other mechs getting buffs too is bad.

There very well may be some OP quirks. The lbx10 on the cent D, the dragon with lasers and UAC's. But I have confidence that if there are any REAL issues they will be fixed. PGI/Russ has been very agressive in the balance changes since August. And PGI has stated multiple times (including the patch notes) that changes will be made if required.

#7 MechlordX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

Yes that's another reason Im not worried about potential imbalances. Obviously a lot of bugs with quirks as I can see now.
Even the dragon with its quirks before was practically a joke, dunno how it is now.
People already focus the cent's gun arm, and with its "hit and run" typical strategy I don't think the speed shotty will be broken either.

Edited by MechlordX, 04 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#8 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

Clan mechs are getting their own quirks. Russ said it in the Dev V-log #9.

Geez, stop with the knee-jerk whines (oh who am I kidding :P)

#9 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Quirks are not stupid, they are just strange... For example - HGN-P got LL quirk when there are no LL by lore and stock loadout. And even more - its useless for that mech for some reason, But no PPC quirk. WTF? VTRs got no quirks now, or its just a bug? DRG-5N got ac2 quirk?! Realy!? Have you ever try that with 2xAC2?! Looks like no, coz 2xAC2 is 1)too heavy 2)too hot 3)just worse then 2xUAC5... I can continye but realy - lets hope that those quirks are here just as a placeholders and will be tuned, other way they should not be there at all.

P.S. make equipment quirks - jj, ecm, bap - they all need urs love too...

P.P.S. as for me, all HGNs quirks need to be re-balanced, and we should not see quirks for directly named weapon for most mechs, only few excaptions like HBK-G etc. IMHO.

P.P.P.S. ofc i will live with that if it will not be changed, but realy - is it fine to balance mechs around 1-2-3 luadout concept?... dont think so...

Edited by MGA121285, 04 November 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

i've been wreaking face in the 2 dragons that got mega perks... that MG dual AC5 is just killer.

the new PPC quirks + speed are bringing back the jump sniping.

Like I said, I am having fun, but they are over powered and there is almost no reason to not use a mech with a loadout that maximizes the quriks.

^----

my 5N with 3xAC2s does quite well, even more so now.

I assume they will need to tune them but many of them really are just crazy good/powerful but I'll MG5 until they kill it.

#11 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 04 November 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry...I am enjoying them but they are just SO stupidly over powered it isn't funny...

You've also brought back jump sniping.....just different mechs doing it now.

PGI stated they were nervous about poptarting making a resurgence. I'm sure they'll do something if it becomes a problem again.

As for 'stupidly overpowered', i'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The mechs with the biggest buffs are those that needed it most. The Awesome can toss out PPC's like water from a hose, but still has terrible hitboxes, TERRIBLE hardpoint locations, terrible speed, and DW's and TW's still eat it for breakfast.

Give it some time. Many well established and skilled players are ludicrously excited to be running their old favourite mechs again. If they really do turn out to be OP, then they can be reined in.

#12 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

they need to be rolled back, or dialed down by 80%

#13 teabuzz

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostArn0ldSchwarzenegger, on 04 November 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Look at all the different mechs on the battlefield. Something tells me you just need to learn to adapt.

AGREED.

Posted Image

Edited by teabuzz, 04 November 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#14 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

This just goes to show, no matter how well-implemented a good change is, SOMEONE is going to complain about it.

#15 drinniol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

So the Timberwolf is no longer an insta-choice and IS mechs are no longer 90% useless, and OP thinks this is a bad path to take...?

#16 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

View Postdrinniol, on 04 November 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

and OP thinks this is a bad path to take...?

You make a mistake here, you assume he is "thinking".

#17 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Why didn't the Griffin receive that same quirks as the Wolverine.

GRF-3M
 SRM/4 Range +5%
 Missile Weapon Range +5%
 Torso Yaw Speed +10%

WVR-7K
 SRM/6 Range +10%
 Missile Weapon Range +10%
 SRM/6 Cooldown +10%
 Missile Weapon Cooldown +10%
 Energy Weapon Range +12.5%
 Torso Yaw Speed +25%

Aren't they the same variant type but different mech? Seems the Wolverine was buffed quite a bit more, just wondering.

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 04 November 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#18 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostArn0ldSchwarzenegger, on 04 November 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Up voting your post cause well yer Ahhhnold and Crom sees much win in your post.

#19 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 04 November 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Why didn't the Griffin receive that same quirks as the Wolverine.

Aren't they the same variant type but different mech? Seems the Wolverine was buffed quite a bit more, just wondering.

The Griffin has the better hardpoint layout for a brawler. A full left shield side and more launchers. The Wolverine has less launchers but bigger ones (SRM6 quirk) to compensate for it.

#20 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Did they add more heat somewhere lol? When I logged in I noticed my heat management is lower!!

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 04 November 2014 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users