117 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

Please leave your feedback from the Nov 5 update here.

Spoiler

#2 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Interesting, although it might make it more than a bit rough if different parts of the unit want to play different factions at some point. Going to make the motion in and out of units very fluid.

#3 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Damnit Paul you made me spit coke out my nose with the illustration...

Jenners Mount Up!!! Time for some payback! :>

Edited by Darian DelFord, 05 November 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#4 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

So what happens to a loyalty reward that a player is using if they become ineligible? Say that a Jade Falcon player has earned enough LP to unlock a galaxy commander rank skin for his mech but then realizes that crusader clans are dumb and defects to the Wolves; does the skin on his mech just get removed, or what?

#5 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

No reason to donate to unit coffers... wait is there a reason?

#6 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

View Postaniviron, on 05 November 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

So what happens to a loyalty reward that a player is using if they become ineligible? Say that a Jade Falcon player has earned enough LP to unlock a galaxy commander rank skin for his mech but then realizes that crusader clans are dumb and defects to the Wolves; does the skin on his mech just get removed, or what?

Well i na just world the game would automatically delete any mech using the Galaxy commander skin for the crime of betraying Kerensky's vision.

#7 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

Very nice. It's about time you put out some pictures concerning faction changes by contract. Paul, you honestly did a crappy job explaining about how faction changes worked prior to this last Community Warfare posting. Anyway, thank you for the clarification.

I do like the second invasion map, the cleaned up and updated IS map, and I gives two damns about the stupid loyalty points; their purpose has been corrupted so much, now, they're not worthy of my worry.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 05 November 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

Very impressed with the update and I like where things are going. I really look forward to seeing this all unfold.

Russ . . . if you winning that arm-wrestling match means we get a teaser, then start pumping some iron! Likewise, Paul . . . if you winning that arm-wrestling match means we do NOT get a teaser, then start throwing in towels . . . please.

Also, if Electronic Music Party doesn't exist as a unit right now I have a feeling it will in the future, because we need a unit out there with flying cars that go Wub Wub.

#9 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:35 PM

As per the Phoenix Program Package Loyalty point bonus of 12.5% when using a Phoenix Program Mech in conjunction with your Factions Bronze Loyalty Medalion (http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-faqs/):

1. Will there be Silver and Gold "Loyalty Madalions" available for MC purchase or in combination with future Mech Packages?

2. Any chance a similar "Loyalty Point Bonus Item" might be included with the Resistance Package?

3. Will your particular Phoenix Program Mech need to be on your Faction's selection of approved Faction Mechs before you'll receive the 10% associated bonus?

4. Let's say I am in a temporarily Kurita-affiliated Merc Unit with a contract against House Steiner, but through hard grinding and Phoenix Package Loyalty Points I already have Steiner Faction items and Mech skins. If I run ops against Steiner while wearing my Steiner Loyalty Medalion, will the 2.5% "Steiner" Bonus still accrue to my benefit and help me offset the penalties inflicted on my standing Steiner Loyalty Points (because of Unit politics and my Unit temporarily inflicting on me a contract against Steiner)?

5. Will Resistance Mechs be ascribed to individual Houses? (Please, oh please!)

5. Might other iconic Mechs be retroactively ascribed House and Clan Loyalty Point Bonuses? (Kurita and Dragons, Steiner and Griffens, etc)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 05 November 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#10 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Will there be consequences (other than losing out on any built up unit coffers I'm assuming) to disbanding the unit to break a contract?

#11 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 05 November 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Will there be consequences (other than losing out on any built up unit coffers I'm assuming) to disbanding the unit to break a contract?

Mercs break contracts.
House contracts ALWAYS favor the House.

These are grim realities of contracting. When a Unit Commander breaks a contract there should be prohibitive penalties for all Unit MechWarriors toward that faction/contract holder. In addition there needs to be significant across-the-board penalties in relation to the unit member's loyalty points towards other Houses/Clans. A Merc unit should NOT have to disband in order to break a contract.

Consequences.

Penalties to Loyalties points and the associated poorer prospects for lucrative future contracts should be the consequences of a Merc Unit breaking a contract. Maybe even a chance for House retribution, but not disbanding.

Degrade the name of the Unit.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 06 November 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#12 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

You have pretty uniquely retarted way to implement things that don't have any explanation and/or functionality by the time they are released. Because of your behaviour, you should reset "faction medallions" and return CBs which are donated to unit coffers to their donators without further notice.
Will you do that, or is this again going to be another "you chose yourself, just bend over *****"-thing?

Edited by VXJaeger, 06 November 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#13 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 05 November 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

You have pretty uniquely retarted way to implement things that don't have any explanation and/or functionality by the time they are released. Because of your behaviour, you should reset "faction medallions" and return CBs which are donated to unit coffers to their donators before further notice.
Will you do that, or is this again going to be another "you chose yourself, just bend over *****"-thing?

I accidently selected a Steiner Medallion instead of a Davion and was basically told, they were permanent and not allowed to be changed. I am hoping they can get reset. I really wanted 4 Davions, but the Lag beast on the forums ate me and gave me a Steiner one :<

#14 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

I might be dumb But When will Phase 2 be active...
or can we get an estimate on the month at least please...

#15 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

I hope that custom skins for specific mechs aligned to a faction are included in the rewards, if not custom geometry mechs of the existing variants. Maybe the mechs have a requirement that they can only be used if you are at a certain level with the faction to add propriety to them for loyalists (and to discourage faction hopping to collect them all).

#16 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostWM Deejay, on 06 November 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

I might be dumb But When will Phase 2 be active...
or can we get an estimate on the month at least please...

from another post, paul mentioned that they are on schedule for mid december

#17 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 November 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

[color=orange]The IS Map Looks a Lot Better[/color]

The current IS Map you see in the client has been updated both graphically and interactively. The rendering engineers have put a lot of extra hours into this and it's paying off very well. Can you have a sneak peek? That will depend on who wins an arm wrestle between Russ and myself. I'd like to keep some stuff under wraps for the big reveal when Phase 2 goes live.

Are we finally getting some form of environmental destruction 1?!?

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postmike29tw, on 06 November 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

Are we finally getting some form of environmental destruction 1?!?

he was refering to the map of the Inner Sphere you see when clicking on the faction tab, this has nothing to do with any of the maps we play on

#19 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:01 AM

Why will we still be forced to take the ugly flags of the houses we work for?
I am a mercenary.
I don't fly their flags! I don't bow to their incestuous, pompous nobility!
All I do is take their money!
And it's a real bummer that mercs will be able to take non-permanent contracts with clammers. Sorry, but that's bullshit!

#20 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:44 AM

PGI =/= listening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users