• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 December 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Continuing the analysis of the next Clan omnimechs to be released:

Viper (IS name: Dragonfly)
Posted Image

Wow. Not sure even Alex could save that thing.

#122 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 December 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Continuing the analysis of the next Clan omnimechs to be released:

Viper (IS name: Dragonfly)
Posted Image
40 tons
Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous, 8 jumpjets, 129.6 km/h

Unfortunately they would make it the size of a nova.

#123 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 November 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

It is unlikely PGI will pick Clan Mechs that don't fulfill the tonnage gaps that exist.

There's still room for a 20 tonner (Light, probably Firemoth), 40 tonner (Medium, I'm sure someone can figure something out there), 90 or 95 tonner (Assault, probably Supernova).

Once those tonnage fillers are completed, then you'll probably have more of the popular ones in their respective weight classes.

Firemoth, Viper, Executioner are the missing 3050 TRO mechs and fill those missing slots but 2 of them have MASC.

However if they actually want to sell package, we really need the next 4 or 5 to be good mechs that people want to play. This is especially true since most of the Wave 2 mech aren't considered that great. Executioner would be decent but very few people will want a Firemoth and the Viper is just a light mech wantabe.

Also another issue is forgot tonnage gaps, and look to the fact that the Clans are actually missing alot of roles, fast lights and strong, jump capable mediums for example.

The Clans need the Arctic Cheetah to compete with the Firestarter as it really is the only Clan Light that might actually be able to do so. Also we need a competitor to the Shadow Hawk, a jumper with solid weapons load out plus decent armor and hit boxes and the only options for the Clans that can possible compete are Shadow Cat or Huntsman unless the opt for adding JJ capable omnipods to the Stormcrow. Also lets face it, the ONLY mech that everyone really wants is the Caludron Born so that mech really needs to be included in the 3rd tier to entice Clanners to by deep into the pack.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 22 December 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#124 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 22 December 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Unfortunately they would make it the size of a nova.

Yeah probably, though it really needs to be closer to the size of a Kit Fox to be useful, especially considering it is yet another low pod space mech with only 8.5 tons of pod space before maximizing armor. Nice jumping capability, nice hard point options but almost no tonnage available to fill those hard points and keep it cool enough to be usable at the same time.

#125 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 19 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

If they were smart, they would keep them up indefinately. This would allow new players getting into the game to buy those packs and make them more money.

-k

Yeah I agree. They should keep all the packs available for purchase at all times because you really never know when someone will decide to drop cash on something. Hell there have been many times I almost went back and bought into the Clan Wave 1 pack to get the (I) variants even though I have bought everything I was missing from my Ala Carte purchase but the Adder with C-bills already.

As far as when the next Clan Pack comes out. Hopefully right after the first of the year because right now I have money to spend and would gladly at least ala carte the Arctic Cheetah and Cauldron Born if they were available. Throw a Shadow Cat or Huntsman in either the medium slot or as a bonus for buying all Wave 2 and Wave 3 and I will pick up the entire pack with whatever assault they toss in there.

#126 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

i don't know why the kingfisher is in there for wave 3 clans. It's such a lame mech. And i think the obvious choice would be the Kodiak for clan ghost bear. It's such an iconic mech and to leave it out of consideration is thoughtless.

#127 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 22 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Wow. Not sure even Alex could save that thing.

Please, if he could save the kintaro, ANYTHING is possible....

Posted Image

#128 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

I dunno... I rather like the look of the old Viper. It almost looks like a real war machine instead of an 80's cartoon. ^_^

And... I wish... they did the bloody legs and torso right... for the Nova. It's not supposed to torso twist!! Rawr! And it's too big. =[

#129 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

View Postcdlord, on 22 December 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Please, if he could save the kintaro, ANYTHING is possible....

Posted Image

I agree!
These ones are also gorgeous now:
Spoiler

Alex can salvage anything.

#130 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostTarogato, on 22 December 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

I dunno... I rather like the look of the old Viper. It almost looks like a real war machine instead of an 80's cartoon. ^_^

And... I wish... they did the bloody legs and torso right... for the Nova. It's not supposed to torso twist!! Rawr! And it's too big. =[

I like the Viper too. I hope Alex Iglesias don't change it much.

But, about the mechs with no torso twist (like the Locust, Cicada and Nova), I can't disagree more with you. There should not be mechs without torso twist, specially in a computer game (where torso twisting is everything).

#131 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 December 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

There should not be mechs without torso twist, specially in a computer game (where torso twisting is everything).
Didn't bother me in MW:2. Nova was the most unique feeling mech in the game, and one of my favourites (tied with the Marauder).

#132 Kiryuin Ragyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

All that is a Cool Starry Bra... but if, if you think about TRO3055 there is no such TRO3055, there is only TRO3058.
What means... where is yours:

- Blazer Cannon
- HPPC
- H Gauss Rifle
- Arrow IV
- etc.?

#133 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but the 'mech I want in this game, more badly than anything else, is the Deimos. I positively love the design. Unfortunately, it needs MASC to be implemented.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Deimos

Edited by CancersCincar, 22 December 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#134 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

why are all the Clan lights so ******* ugly?!

I mean the Kitfox is like a box with arms and legs.
The Adder is adorable though.
Lynx looks awkward mainly the arm proportions and how far back it holds them. Like seriously, stand straight up, thrust your hips forward, and pull your elbows behind your lower back. you look absolutely silly.

but my god, the Firemoth and Viper are so ugly. why?!

#135 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostBrody319, on 22 December 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

why are all the Clan lights so ******* ugly?!

I mean the Kitfox is like a box with arms and legs.
The Adder is adorable though.
Lynx looks awkward mainly the arm proportions and how far back it holds them. Like seriously, stand straight up, thrust your hips forward, and pull your elbows behind your lower back. you look absolutely silly.

but my god, the Firemoth and Viper are so ugly. why?!

The Firemoth arms are really strange, but I look forward for piloting my Miner/Locomotive (Viper).

#136 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

One more mech for the nClan Wave 3:

Huntsman (IS name: Nobori-nin = "Bannerman")
Posted Image
Posted Image
50 tons
Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous, 5 jumpjets, 86.4 km/h

-------
Primary

RA 2e, 1b
RT 1m
CT
H
LT 2e, 1ams
LA 2e, 1m

-------
Alt A

RA 1b
RT
CT
H
LT
LA 1e, 1m

-------
Alt B

RA 3e
RT 2b
CT
H
LT
LA 1b

-------
Alt C

RA 1m
RT 1e, 1m
CT
H
LT 2e, 1m
LA 1b

There is already a medium mech for the next pack (the Viper), but the Huntsman is a good choice for a reinforcement or reward mech (for instance, reward for owners of Clan Wave 3 top tier plus the top tier of one of the previous Clan packs).

It is not the fastest medium mech, but has jump jets, uses ES and FF (good weight saving) and has a great selection of hardpoints, allowing energy, missile or ballistic builds. The variants to be released must be Primary, B and C (A is completely redundant).

#137 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

Has anyone mentioned the Linebacker? First produced in 3052 but is fully 3050 tech compliant and is a 65t fast heavy omni with endo and ferro. Also looks to have a wide range of loadouts.

Could be a quicker and lighter alt to the Timby? I think it looks good and ticks all the criteria for the missing Wave 3 heavy mech.

Posted Image

#138 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostKyocera, on 01 January 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

Has anyone mentioned the Linebacker? First produced in 3052 but is fully 3050 tech compliant and is a 65t fast heavy omni with endo and ferro. Also looks to have a wide range of loadouts.

Could be a quicker and lighter alt to the Timby? I think it looks good and ticks all the criteria for the missing Wave 3 heavy mech.

Posted Image

Wide range of loadouts? It has the same pod space as a (B)Adder.

It's a gimmick mech that sounds fun on paper (ultrafast 107 kph 65 ton heavy) but in practice it would probably be outclassed by the Loki (and some other heavies).

#139 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

If theres ONE Clan mech that I really want (besides the IS Thor), its the Cougar https://www.google.n...iw=1600&bih=785

As far as I know, its based on the Adder/Puma but its a bit slower, though it does have more firepower and IMO a much better look.

Posted Image

#140 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostTordin, on 01 January 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

If theres ONE Clan mech that I really want (besides the IS Thor), its the Cougar https://www.google.n...iw=1600&bih=785

As far as I know, its based on the Adder/Puma but its a bit slower, though it does have more firepower and IMO a much better look.

Posted Image

While I like the Cougar and all, it goes 89.1 kph after speed tweak. Yup, a light mech that can barely outrun most heavies, while still having barely more firepower than a (B)Adder (1.5 more tons of pod space).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users