Naval Action - Age Of Sail - Fps - Open World And Customisation

54 replies to this topic

#41 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Exactly. She still fought well though at Trafalgar.
French SOLs were actually heavier and longer. L'Orient in particular iirc

#42 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

#43 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

The new snow. The Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad is now also in game also but I do not have enough points for it to show you guys.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

These little gunboats as they were called. Were used in calm seas for harbour defence in the west. Fleets of them would swarm out and hit frigates at all sorts of odd angles confounding the larger ships broadside. By the time you got back you would have missed out. I need to go and ask on the forums if heavy seas will swamp this one.
Posted Image

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 24 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#45 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

From a dev post in the forums.... consider that every ball is tracked when fired when reading the below;

Ballistics and Damage model 4.0
Posted Image

To make the gameplay feel real and provide more tactical depth: we will be gradually moving to the final damage model, which has passed several iterations before. To find out how previous systems worked please refer to the Damage 2.0 and Damage 3.0 posts on forums. The new system is in development. Testing of this new model will start by spring of 2015 or earlier.

Key new features

Penetration classes
Penetration exists now, but needs to be expanded for faster development and additions of new features. It also needs to be improved to allow for more customization of ships and weaponry. Cannons and ships will have a penetration class that will determine the ability to go through the armor. We believe that will provide more tactical diversity to combat. Ship armor will not be unified any longer. There will be weak spots to be exploited. Heavy planking at the waterline will make ship of the line more effective against lower level ships.

Angles and ricochets
Hitting a ship at narrow angle will ricochet from the ship hull. Longer guns with higher cannonball velocity will have better chances to penetrate at angles. This will make positioning very important. This feature is completely new and gameplay might change significantly and will require testing.

Exact colliders and positioning of internal modules
We are moving to the exact collision models that fully represent the shape of the hull. Same will be done with important internal modules. To blow up a bow magazine or break a frontal pump you will need to shoot at the front part of the ship.

Posted Image

Pass through shots
Gun ports will be implemented in the damage collider models. If the cannon ball does not hit anything it will pass through the ship and could hit the next target
Posted Image

Crew damage
Crew damage will also change significantly as crew will no longer be a unified mass of people. Crew will be located deck-by-deck creating the situations where you destroyed everyone on the top deck leaving intact gun crews on the gundeck. This system also will allow for potential expansions of detailed crew management if the need arise.

Ballistics changes
We were very unsatisfied with the ballistics of carronades and frog like double shot and have reworked the formulas to allow better customization of cannons and fast additions of new features. Reload penalties will be added to certain types of shot. New system could also allow for types of powder charge type weight if this feature is be needed. Gun sights experiments will continue and we will test a couple of implementations of the sights next year.

Carronades will receive long overdue love and will be a formidable close range choice of weaponry.
Posted Image

Feel free to provide suggestions, feedback, and improvement ideas.

#47 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Lets have some fun.

It is our yearly tradition to try to give our customers what they want, at least once a year.
http://forum.game-la...ip-winter-2014/
Last year you have chosen HMS Ontario as first choice, Santisima Trinidad as second and wild card was chosen by us (Ingermanland). We hope you like Ontario and Santisima.

Lets do the same this year.
pick the ships
vote
make
deliver

1600-1830 hard limit
1690-1790 preferred

format
name
specs
drawing
link to tech drawings
but discussions are also welcome

as a result we will pick 3 vessels
2 player selected
1 wild card

http://forum.game-la...015/#entry51018

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 29 December 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#48 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

I think I just did a ikkle excitement wee!

O.M.F.G. Soooo very glad there's a game like this coming out.
If the wife thought I was absorbed by MWO, she's about to divorce me now!

I live a 5minute harbour crossing from HMS Victory and basically spent my school years skiving off and spending the day aboard her instead. Also lucky enough to get to occasionally have the run of her dressed as a pirate/naval officer :D

#49 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Always wanted to visit that site and see the Victory.
What I am finding though with my research is that since 1715 or so nobody really was able to challenge the sea supremacy of the British. But I guess battles like the Nile and Trafalgar reversed would have made a huge difference. The Nile especially was by no means something that could not have gone wrong.

My biggest challenge thus far is finding reading material from the French or Spanish perspective.

P.S. You have probably figured out by now that disney pirates is not my thing which is why this is the first ship game of this type I am participating in.

#50 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

From the facebook page.

Is the the famous Russian brig Mercury?
My first new PC background for 2015.

Open world distance and travel time testing is coming next year.
Happy New Year Captains!

P.S.[color=#282828]
It seems the devs have created a joke where the ships name can be turned from "we will kill you" over to "you have killed us or escaped" depending on the outcome of the chase. [color=#282828]Or [/color][color=#282828]another way to look at that name - "cherubim" is somewhat like "angel" right? So like a hidden message "I'm not an angel, I'm a bad guy in fact". (thanks Inigo)[/color][/color]

Posted Image[/color]

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 31 December 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#51 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

A quick update on naval action:

Well they got their paypal account unfrozen after a massive community effort to tell Paypal that a couple of people with cold feet does not = a reason to freeze an account based on the grounds that somebody complained the game would not be delivered.[/color]

What this actually was was somebody not reading the forums and waiting a week for the steam key. Part of the cause was also the devs not having a mechanism sending a confirmation email saying the player has paid immediately after payment. First sign you know your payment is accepted is the key a week later. So they kind of dug themselves a hole with that behavior. However what is really ironic was the amount of players waiting to buy the game. As soon as paypal was back they ran out of steam keys!!!! It got sold out.[
So they have to buy a new batch of steam keys and many people now don't get a key until next week.
Cannot wait until its on steam proper.... the demand is too great now for the game developers to manage their own sales in this pre pre alpha testing phase. There can be over 300 people online testing at a time now.
Development plans Winter - Spring 2015
Here are our development plans for this winter and spring: Jan-May 2015. [/color]

1. New ship models

The following list of vessels will be delivered for testing by the end of Spring. Some ships might get delayed by storms.

Mercury brig

La belle poule

Ingermanland

La Renomme

Privateer Schooner (based on Lynx - with more guns)[/color]

Brig Navy Edition (based on Brig - with more guns)[/color]

HMS Pickle

28 gun light frigate
Gunboat
2. Open world distance and speeds testing

3. Ship customization

Ship parameters randomization

Simple ship upgrades
Simple loot]
Simple crafting
4. Gameplay
Updated damage model 4.0
Improved sailing of for-and-aft rigs

Better turning and rudder mechanics

Commander tablet

New game types: Operations gameplay – 24 hours large battle map with respawns, and shore defences

5. Other improvements

Improved chat

Manual

Soft launch of early access on steam
]
With your pre-orders we are moving significantly faster. Thank you for the continued support and feedback you are providing us with.

Special thanks to all community correspondents, streamers and youtube content makers, who are making awesome videos about our game.

Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image[/color]
[color=#000000]
Posted Image

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 25 January 2015 - 02:54 AM.

#52 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

I'd give this a go!

#53 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

Great detail.

#54 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Yeah it is detailed.... and there will be servers in Australia eventually I think they said.

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 28 January 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

You know what sucks? I don't have time playing all the cool games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users