Wow.. [Lord]

224 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Couldn't even breach the gate. First wave died at the gate. The rest died as they dropped from the drop ship. Not fun. Done with playing against [Lord]. Have a safe trip on the way to Terra!

You guys are just too good.

#2 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

Really!!?? Have you lost all self respect, or are you just born to grovel at others' feet?

They bleed and die just like the rest of us, only they hit back just a little harder.

Deal with it, and grow a pair.

#3 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 17 December 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Really!!?? Have you lost all self respect, or are you just born to grovel at others' feet?

They bleed and die just like the rest of us, only they hit back just a little harder.

Or..........play a game the way you want to play it, you know, for fun........instead of letting some webwarrior use pathetic insults in an effort to shame you into playing the way they think you should play.

Best thing that could happen to this game is that some folks get bored and quit altogether, and Push isn't one of them.

#4 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hmmm, reading is fundamental........he said he isn't having fun, wished them a safe trip on their way to Terra and said he wouldn't fight them again. That isn't a whine, that's a statement of his lack of fun and a desire to find a different opponent so he does have fun.

I don't think even a LORD could find a reason to be insulted by what he posted, so some scrub Wolf cub certainly shouldn't be. That being the case, one can only assume you're just being a jerk because you can do so in safety.

#5 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm just paying those guys a compliment and choosing not play them again in the future. I am not in their league. Nobody was complaining.

#6 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

By elevating them to some supernatural status beyond your skill level, you empower them further. The only advantage they have is psychological. Once you realize that, you will have already beaten them.

#7 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Some of us just do not want to play with people that behave a certain way, good or not.......

#8 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostR Razor, on 17 December 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Or..........play a game the way you want to play it, you know, for fun........instead of letting some webwarrior use pathetic insults in an effort to shame you into playing the way they think you should play.

Best thing that could happen to this game is that some folks get bored and quit altogether, and Push isn't one of them.

^That was beautiful......
Posted Image

Edited by TwentyOne, 17 December 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#9 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 17 December 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

By elevating them to some supernatural status beyond your skill level, you empower them further. The only advantage they have is psychological. Once you realize that, you will have already beaten them.

No, I am pretty sure their advantage is that they are some of the most skilled players in the game. They routinely beat people back to their drop ship and farm them there. They turn the game into a rout. This is not a dig at them either. I imagine fighting them would be very demoralizing.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 17 December 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

At some point he is better off fighting other people taking the planets back as soon as lord leaves. Just because some teams are great doesnt mean they will win the war.

#11 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

If you have lifted them up to such great heights before even facing them, and simultaneously lowered yourself to not being worthy, you have automatically lost the fight. Never give up, and never concede anything. Only a warrior would understand. Do you understand?

#12 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 17 December 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

If you have lifted them up to such great heights before even facing them, and simultaneously lowered yourself to not being worthy, you have automatically lost the fight. Never give up, and never concede anything. Only a warrior would understand. Do you understand?

i didn't realise sun tzu was essential reading for playing stompy robots ;_;

#13 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

I miss the LORD hatred thread. That was funny.

#14 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

I faced the Lords a few times.........and always got whipped.

But, it was interesting to see how long I would last against them and that is how I gauged my fight.

Short answer -not long at all, but I'll fight anybody I'm dropped with -might catch an opponent having a bad day. :D

#15 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Is [Lord] the no-profanity merc company or the one that quotes christian rock lyrics during the match?

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 17 December 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Is [Lord] the no-profanity merc company or the one that quotes christian rock lyrics during the match?

these guys, I think?

#17 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 17 December 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

I LoL'd.

#18 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostDavers, on 17 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

No, I am pretty sure their advantage is that they are some of the most skilled players in the game. They routinely beat people back to their drop ship and farm them there. They turn the game into a rout. This is not a dig at them either. I imagine fighting them would be very demoralizing.

Outside of "ggclose", pray you are not silly enough to attack those planets.

Defending from them... you'll need as many people as you can get for that.

#19 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Honestly they might be the first to make it to Terra but they wont have anything left behind them. It will all get retaken as soon as they move on. They wont be able to hold a chunk of territory stretching from the periphery to Terra. They may be good but there are only so many of them and Russ already tweeted that Jade Falcon is one of the smaller clans. Its quite possible that they may find themselves completely encircled deep in enemy territory fighting just to hold on to what they have.

#20 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 17 December 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Honestly they might be the first to make it to Terra but they wont have anything left behind them. It will all get retaken as soon as they move on. They wont be able to hold a chunk of territory stretching from the periphery to Terra. They may be good but there are only so many of them and Russ already tweeted that Jade Falcon is one of the smaller clans. Its quite possible that they may find themselves completely encircled deep in enemy territory fighting just to hold on to what they have.

One unit can't win on their own, no matter how good they are. They can have a 100% win rate and still not be able to take a planet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users