• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

I like this recent version by Anthony Scroggins (Shimmering Sword):
Posted Image
It doesn't have that ugly boxy connection of the missile launchers with the torsos. (otherwise, the design you showed looks great)

PS: the MW4's Flea is so cute! I wish Alex Iglesias revise his MWO Flea for something like that (to make it more different of the Locust).

It lowered the arms... so nope...

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

God, you and Imperius are relentless! Posted Image

(poor Alex... poor Russ... poor us...)

Actually I have backed off, but if you want to provoke me see mini text in your quote I can gladly start again and give the mods something to do again...

#12262 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

I like this recent version by Anthony Scroggins (Shimmering Sword):
Posted Image
It doesn't have that ugly boxy connection of the missile launchers with the torsos. (otherwise, the design you showed looks great)

PS: the MW4's Flea is so cute! I wish Alex Iglesias revise his MWO Flea for something like that (to make it more different of the Locust).

ATM 9s and large lasers, looks like a mk IV or later, not a mkII. (config A to be precise)
http://www.sarna.net...i/Mad_Cat_Mk_IV
also fits more with the jade falcon gundam, timeline wise.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 March 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#12263 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 March 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

ATM 9s and large lasers, looks like a mk IV or later, not a mkII.
http://www.sarna.net...i/Mad_Cat_Mk_IV
also fits more with the jade falcon gundam, timeline wise.

Confirmed as being "Savage Wolf" variant Alternate A instead of Mad Cat Mk. 2.

"Alt. Config. A
This configuration switches up all of the Mad Cat Mk IV's armament by replacing the ERPPCs with ER Large Lasers and each pack of SRM-6 with a single ATM 9. The remaining tonnage is spent on four more ER Small Lasers, two in the center torso and one in each side torso, respectivelly. BV = 2,413[4][5]"

That pic even shows the 4 ERSL in the torsos.

EDIT: You edited in the variant name. Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 03 March 2016 - 08:52 PM.

#12264 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 March 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

Confirmed as being "Savage Wolf" variant Alternate A instead of Mad Cat Mk. 2.

"Alt. Config. A
This configuration switches up all of the Mad Cat Mk IV's armament by replacing the ERPPCs with ER Large Lasers and each pack of SRM-6 with a single ATM 9. The remaining tonnage is spent on four more ER Small Lasers, two in the center torso and one in each side torso, respectivelly. BV = 2,413[4][5]"

That pic even shows the 4 ERSL in the torsos.

EDIT: You edited in the variant name. Posted Image

I frequently edit secondary details in. Don't you?

#12265 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 March 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

I frequently edit secondary details in. Don't you?

I do it a lot, I just didn't expect you to be 2fast4me. :P

#12266 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 March 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

I do it a lot, I just didn't expect you to be 2fast4me. Posted Image

Posted Image

#12267 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

View PostImperius, on 03 March 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

Actually I have backed off, but if you want to provoke me see mini text in your quote I can gladly start again and give the mods something to do again...

That's not a provocation, in a bad sense. Chill out. :)

#12268 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:52 PM

been bugging Russ for my last "dream" Medium of the current era, the Vulcan, to which Russ seems amenable.

Along those line, I also threw together a rough draft of a Hero Version, based off the notable pilots in the 3025 TRO, Sondra Stoverston, and her infantry annihilating "Bloodlust".
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Thanks, Dingo Red, for the modeling, great job bringing my beauty to life!!!!)

Mind you, I am aware of the hardpoint inflation, one reason I went with a smaller engine and thus engine cap. Also keep in mind that it has LESS hardpoints than the Nova, with which it shares a movement profile.

Thoughts?

#12269 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Not a bad looking model. Can't comment to much as I am a loyalist stinky clanner, so most of these older IS designs are rather vanilla and I look past them (sorry :/).

I would like to see some of what you said added but like you said would about Russ adding a few newer ones as well. Specially like a Bushwacker, Mad Cat Mk.II, and Uziel as those were some iconic mechs for the younger generation. Be nice to get a few to post up to draw in more of this crowd as well. Keeping it all old school seems to either attract the older generation or people that are brand new that haven't played so iconic to them is subjective (as it is to eachieve MW generation).

I am all for waiting my turn I just would like to see it sooner rather then later before closer to what Russ said about atleast 5 more years. I would hope at the earliest of 18 months (meaning best case scenario for when I would like the Mk.II ect.) see some 3060 stuff while they fill in a few more gaps. I mean with 18 mechs (9 IS and 9 clan) that gives a bit of room for you to fill in while not keeping us in this 3050 er for to much longer. Idk just starting to kinda feel bored with it all (could be some lack of PVE/campaign as well)

Edited by CK16, 05 March 2016 - 12:44 AM.

#12270 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

been bugging Russ for my last "dream" Medium of the current era, the Vulcan, to which Russ seems amenable.

Along those line, I also threw together a rough draft of a Hero Version, based off the notable pilots in the 3025 TRO, Sondra Stoverston, and her infantry annihilating "Bloodlust".

(Thanks, Dingo Red, for the modeling, great job bringing my beauty to life!!!!)

Mind you, I am aware of the hardpoint inflation, one reason I went with a smaller engine and thus engine cap. Also keep in mind that it has LESS hardpoints than the Nova, with which it shares a movement profile.

Thoughts?

Well, I love your Vulcan, and after the Assassin, this is the IS medium mech I want the most. I just think it has too many hardpoints (should be compared with other IS mediums - like the Arrow, not with a Clan mech). For a mech that size, 8-9 hardpoints would be enough.

On other note, has this hero anything to do with canon? Because I have a similar character (only it is a man, and originally in a Firestarter) in the 17th Arcturian Guards, in my "novel".

#12271 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Honestly, the excessive hardpoints aren't a problem here. They are arm ballistic slots on a 45-tonner.

#12272 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 March 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Well, I love your Vulcan, and after the Assassin, this is the IS medium mech I want the most. I just think it has too many hardpoints (should be compared with other IS mediums - like the Arrow, not with a Clan mech). For a mech that size, 8-9 hardpoints would be enough.

On other note, has this hero anything to do with canon? Because I have a similar character (only it is a man, and originally in a Firestarter) in the 17th Arcturian Guards, in my "novel".

Only reason it has mass hardpoints is let's face it, Russ will not allow MGs to be useful in anything but huge numbers. 4 doesn't do a thing now, 6 is meh. I'm hoping 8 kinda brings back the internal pain that 4 used to bring on my Ember.

As for the canon nature, well the build is mine but it's based off the 3025 TRO.

"Lieutenant Sondra Stoverston Sandra is assigned to House Steiner´s Arcturan Guards as commander of one of the lead battle lances. Her Vulcan is painted a brownish-red and named the Bloodlust after her attitude toward combat. Sondra is a major threat to any infantry unit, with a reputation for killing platoons to the last person. Her skill at the controls of her Vulcan are well-documented. While her commanding officers do not condone some of her tactics, they also realize that she is one of the best MechWarriors in the regiment"

View PostBarHaid, on 05 March 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Honestly, the excessive hardpoints aren't a problem here. They are arm ballistic slots on a 45-tonner.

low mounted ballistic arms.

#12273 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostCK16, on 05 March 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

Not a bad looking model. Can't comment to much as I am a loyalist stinky clanner, so most of these older IS designs are rather vanilla and I look past them (sorry :/).

I would like to see some of what you said added but like you said would about Russ adding a few newer ones as well. Specially like a Bushwacker, Mad Cat Mk.II, and Uziel as those were some iconic mechs for the younger generation. Be nice to get a few to post up to draw in more of this crowd as well. Keeping it all old school seems to either attract the older generation or people that are brand new that haven't played so iconic to them is subjective (as it is to eachieve MW generation).

I am all for waiting my turn I just would like to see it sooner rather then later before closer to what Russ said about atleast 5 more years. I would hope at the earliest of 18 months (meaning best case scenario for when I would like the Mk.II ect.) see some 3060 stuff while they fill in a few more gaps. I mean with 18 mechs (9 IS and 9 clan) that gives a bit of room for you to fill in while not keeping us in this 3050 er for to much longer. Idk just starting to kinda feel bored with it all (could be some lack of PVE/campaign as well)

My feeling is that within a year to year and a half we will see new models announced. Barring Alex striking heaven sent inspiration, I don't see them worrying about the OST series of Mechs all that much, for instance, just because they were never remotely popular choices. They may prove me wrong, but I have trouble seeing it.

The Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow I would guess are all locks, and I can only assume they have concept art for the Cyclops laying around from Russ's comments last year. I would also guess the Annihilator has to have some chance of making it, but unless they break engine cap rules, it's not going to be very good, as a 32 kph 100 tonner gets to bring up to a whopping 240 engine. Which is 41.8 kph AFTER speed tweak, glacial twist rates and minimal heat sink storage. For the ability to carry 4 moderately low mounted ballistics. (Love the Anni, but without serious massaging, DoA)

And we know they aren't ALL coming. Russ has already said that as far as he's concerned, the Flea is a dead issue. Does anyone see them bringing in the Hornet, a stock 86 kph 20 ton Ball with legs?

So I doubt we have to slog through all the remaining, but I would say there are still 6-10 strong IS candidates.

#12274 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

My feeling is that within a year to year and a half we will see new models announced. Barring Alex striking heaven sent inspiration, I don't see them worrying about the OST series of Mechs all that much, for instance, just because they were never remotely popular choices. They may prove me wrong, but I have trouble seeing it.

The Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow I would guess are all locks, and I can only assume they have concept art for the Cyclops laying around from Russ's comments last year. I would also guess the Annihilator has to have some chance of making it, but unless they break engine cap rules, it's not going to be very good, as a 32 kph 100 tonner gets to bring up to a whopping 240 engine. Which is 41.8 kph AFTER speed tweak, glacial twist rates and minimal heat sink storage. For the ability to carry 4 moderately low mounted ballistics. (Love the Anni, but without serious massaging, DoA)

And we know they aren't ALL coming. Russ has already said that as far as he's concerned, the Flea is a dead issue. Does anyone see them bringing in the Hornet, a stock 86 kph 20 ton Ball with legs?

So I doubt we have to slog through all the remaining, but I would say there are still 6-10 strong IS candidates.

I hope not! IS has enough mechs in my opinion, Clans are lacking heroes and numbers.

#12275 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostImperius, on 05 March 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

I hope not! IS has enough mechs in my opinion, Clans are lacking heroes and numbers.

Oh, I would agree, though the unfortunate truth is, Clans had a little less to offer at this juncture, and most of the remaining are less than wonderful.

Heroes, they just need to get over it, and have the Hero CT give the Cbill bonus, then keep the builds and quirks in line with the rest of the variants. Then it no more matter if one swaps pods on them than it does for the (S) Primes. I really don't get the issue.

Of course, we also won't see the once touted "2 mechs a month" Russ used to talk about frequently, post Clan INvasion, which would solve both dilemmas...but also open up a few new ones (including probably QA issues), such as forcing them to accelerate intro of new tech, an undertaking I think they simply are not staffed to do til after CW3 at the soonest.

#12276 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Would someone with twitter care to ask russ whether a King Crab hero is planned?

#12277 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

Oh, there are still many mechs, both IS and Clan. My predictions:
  • Wave 4: Fire Moth, Viper, Night Gyr, Kingfisher [to be announced in end of March, 2016]
  • Phoenix II: Wasp, Raijin (or Chameleon), Crusader, Longbow
  • Clan Battlemechs: Piranha, Conjurer (as either the Wolverine IIC or the MW4's Hellhound), Black Python, Bane [~start of 2017]
  • Resistance 3: Javelin (or Flea), Bushwacker, Ostroc? (or hopefully Excalibur), ? (Charger? Cyclops? Annihilator? Hatamoto?)
  • Clan IIC "Classic" Battlemechs: Locust IIC, Griffin IIC, Rifleman IIC, Marauder IIC
  • (extra Clan Wave? Fire Falcon, Black Lanner, Linebacker, Turkina)
[time jump]
  • Resistance 4: Mechwarrior 4 IS battlemechs: Osiris, Uziel, Argus, Fafnir [~start of 2018]
  • Wave 5: Hellion, Mongrel, Nova Cat, Blood Asp.
  • IS Omnis: Raptor, Men-Shen, Avatar, Sunder (or Hauptmann).
  • Clan late Battlemechs: Mad Cat MK II (in pack or standalone) [~start of 2019]

Edited by Odanan, 13 March 2016 - 02:50 AM.

#12278 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:19 AM

I like that list, but I don't think I could wait till 2019 for the Madcat MK.II o.O that just is way to out there for me (God knows what some would say about having to wait thay long through all those other mechs o.O).

#12279 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 March 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

• Wave 4: Fire Moth, Viper, Night Gyr, Kingfisher
  • Clan Battlemechs: (either in a pack or standalone) [~start of 2017]
  • Resistance 3: Javelin, Bushwacker, ? (Excalibur? Ostroc?), ? (Charger? Cyclops?)
  • Clan IIC "Classic" Battlemechs: Locust IIC, Griffin IIC, Rifleman IIC, Marauder IIC; or
[time jump]
  • Resistance 4: Mechwarrior 4 IS battlemechs: Osiris, Uziel, Argus, Fafnir [~start of 2018]

Resistance 3:
- JavelinJavelin (no contenders either)
- Assassin (it does have a lot of fans, including Russ)
- Penetrator (Has the most fans as I recall), Anvil (It'd be fun), Bandersnatch (it's popular ish)
- Charger, Hatamoto, Cyclops, Nightstar (Since it's not extinct http://www.masteruni...r&clan-invasion)

Which IS heavies would you guys want in a Res. 3 pack?

Clan Battlemech pack:
- Piranha
- Corvis
- Black Python
- Bane/Mad Mk 2

Edited by TheArisen, 05 March 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#12280 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 March 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

• Wave 4: Fire Moth, Viper, Night Gyr, Kingfisher
  • Clan Battlemechs: (either in a pack or standalone) [~start of 2017]
  • Resistance 3: Javelin, Bushwacker, ? (Excalibur? Ostroc?), ? (Charger? Cyclops?)
  • Clan IIC "Classic" Battlemechs: Locust IIC, Griffin IIC, Rifleman IIC, Marauder IIC; or
[time jump]

My money is on Jumbo Packs being reserved for Omnis, TBH, listening to Russ on Twitter and the TH. It would also be a great way to start getting the Clans caught up in quantity to the IS.

Though it also highlights one of the massive failing in Fasa post 3050 TRO.

The 16 Omnis represented extreme modularity (hence the recycled legs, and pods, etc) of an extremely efficient and spartan warrior culture that did not waste resources. The GLUT of Clan Mechs released poist 3050 not only betrayed the essence of Omis (especially visually, most of which are quite clearly not capable of modular swapping, like the Turkina), in producing often redundant chassis, but was clearly for the sole purpose of selling sourcebooks.

I have no Issue with the IICs and some Golden Century Mechs predecessors to current era Omnis, and even a handful of potential new Omnis addressing things in existing chassis, like lack of Enod or fixed JJs (the Grand Summoner for instance, make perfect sense) or even some cheap, easy to build second-line mechs that could be easily produced in IS factories. So IS -C models, etc.

But most of the stuff they added both visually, and conceptually simply did not fit the Clan Mythos at all. Even the Totem Mech concept, being second line battlemechs, make no sense, as you would not place the symbol of your warriors in the hands of Solahma, as with the exception of the way the Orion IIC was described as being gifted (the Father's mech), militarily, no front line warrior would choose a fixed Battlemech, especially one that their culture would not let anyone save possibly a bloodnamed ristar customize, over an Omni.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users