ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 10 May 2016 - 05:04 AM, said:

Oh Bandersnatch - the answer for Clan Hardpoint inflation - whooping 11 hardpoints....Posted Image ....a pitty that it got lower arm activators

Don't think that Barghest is so common.

some of us find being able to aim from side to side a bonus, and aren't tied to hill humping.

#13242 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 May 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

I'm not sure if Russ said the next mechs will be the Clan omnimechs (1 medium and 1 heavy) or if the next Clan mechs will be the Clan omnimechs (1 medium and 1 heavy).
In the second alternative, PGI can still insert an IS mech between each Clan mech...

He said:
1) They will be making a run on Clan Mechs
2) That they didn't have the fight mix of Omnis to make a 4 pack, available.

He didn't actually specifically say that we would be getting 4 in a row (IIRC), that was mostly assumed because of the run of 4 IS mechs in the Classic Unseen and because he talked about a 4 pack before it. And at no point did he say that run of Clan Mechs would be Omnimechs, again, people chose to read between the lines and assume that because he mentioned Omnis and 4 packs that ergo, that is what the next 4 mechs of the month would be.

#13243 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 May 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

some of us find being able to aim from side to side a bonus, and aren't tied to hill humping.

who is speaking about hill humping?
There are just not enough IS Heavys that are capable to have a AC20 and speed

#13244 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 May 2016 - 05:37 AM, said:

He said:
1) They will be making a run on Clan Mechs
2) That they didn't have the fight mix of Omnis to make a 4 pack, available.

He didn't actually specifically say that we would be getting 4 in a row (IIRC), that was mostly assumed because of the run of 4 IS mechs in the Classic Unseen and because he talked about a 4 pack before it. And at no point did he say that run of Clan Mechs would be Omnimechs, again, people chose to read between the lines and assume that because he mentioned Omnis and 4 packs that ergo, that is what the next 4 mechs of the month would be.

I think he specifically said omnis, Bishop.

(but of course I would prefer a heavy battlemech instead of the Linebacker)

#13245 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 May 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Out of curiosity? Wich one?
Black Python, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, Glasspider, Guilotine IIC

Black Python would be nice just to see how many pilots will change from laser vomit MadKatz to the laser vomiting Python

Edited by Karl Streiger, 10 May 2016 - 06:10 AM.

#13246 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 09 May 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

What about the mechs I mentioned. :(

My take was he was saying a drought in mechs. The only real drought would be for clan mechs. Something I know many IS players could care less, considering as pointed out by Bishop and others tell Innersphere has no shortage of viable mechs. IMO we should finish out as much of TRO 3025,3050,and applicable 3055 mechs. Now before you get upset saying well we have tons of mechs from other TRO's hell 3058 I think has your Night star yes, but it is simular to the beloved IIC's, they were added into a future TRO where varriants made use of the current tech available in said TRO era. The more I looK into this subject the more I see value in a tech jump, not just for the Mk II , not just to get new shinny toys to throw on my mechs, but to get things right, I mean if they added say the WarHammer IIC next, there would be a good 5 PGI specials, something I do not agree with at all, 1 is fine, 2 is ok, 3+ is to much....Specially if they have varriants out there to choose from and could so properly in the future with other tech.

I get it, future tech is scary....but I view it as finally a reason to balance out current tech further, and adjust to properly be some what viable to future tech. Though yes some weapon systems will be obsoleted, but like that is not an issue currently? Either in lore cases or by just some weapons being drastically inferior to others currently.

Tech jump would help many old mechs IS and Clan alike, including your Night Star. So if they had another 4 IS mechs to polish off as much of the TRO 3025 as possible. They announce plans for tech jump and the 8 selected mechs at end of September or October and that is 8 months worth of work, or so, now with funding behind it as well (simular to Clan invasion pack) while as shown could still have a few mechs added in this time but not 1 a months.

#13247 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

As much as I would want newer mechs (3050+), I would like to see more 3025 era mechs more.

PGI is supplying mech art to HBS for Battletech and that game takes place during the 3025 era. The more mechs PGI makes from that era, the better.

It's a win win because people here are a fan of the classics (like the reseens and Phoenix Hawk has shown), plus the new Battletech game gets a larger potential roster.

The only real negative is Clan players won't see a benefit to this in MWO, and only really benefit if they plan on playing HBS's new Battletech game.

#13248 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

The only real negative is Clan players won't see a benefit to this in MWO

I don't see how that's a negative.

#13249 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

I always forget hbs - need more Mechs below 45t

Given hbs should introduce combined arms - we are back at Vulcan and Javelin

#13250 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 10 May 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

Out of curiosity? Wich one?
Black Python, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC, Glasspider, Guilotine IIC

All of them have variant starvation in our timeline, but I believe the best one is the Black Python.

Grizzly is very popular, but I find it boring (in both looks and loadout).

Rifleman IIC would be very useful for the Clans in CW.

Glass Spider, AKA Rifleman IIC Reseen, has no place in this game, since we can get the real deal.

Guillotine IIC would only be interesting to make justice for the IS mech that was not added (and probably never will).

Edited by Odanan, 10 May 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#13251 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 May 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

I don't see how that's a negative.

Must I call for a Trial of grievance? Cause if we have to endure such IS mech that are jokingly, no pitifully bad such as Ostroc/Ostral I would demand one. Not all of 3025 needs to be filled out, just the basics.

Edited by CK16, 10 May 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#13252 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostCK16, on 10 May 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Must I call for a Trial of grievance? Cause if we have to endure such IS mech that are jokingly, no pitifully bad such as Ostroc/Ostral I would demand one. Not all of 3025 needs to be filled out, just the basics.

Like the Stinger and Wasp.

#13253 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostCK16, on 10 May 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Must I call for a Trial of grievance? Cause if we have to endure such IS mech that are jokingly, no pitifully bad. Not all of 3025 needs to be filled out, just the basics.

There are still some "essential" IS mechs of the 3025 era:
  • Wasp [the single most essential mech not released yet in the game]
  • Stinger [with priority for the Wasp]
  • Vulcan [not very well-known, but looks unique and could spam machineguns]
  • Ostroc ​[a redesign of this mech would be interesting to see]
  • Crusader [the most essential heavy mech remaining for IS]
  • Charger
  • Longbow
And there are many Clan mechs that could be added in between:
  • Fire Moth [the most essential light mech remaining for the Clans - but maybe too fast to implement in game (at least with the MASC)]
  • Fire Falcon
  • Coyotl ​[practically extinct, but otherwise a great mech]
  • Mongrel
  • Turkina [quirks, looks and geometry can make it worth the slow speed, but low priority]

AFTER THE TIME JUMP:

These mechs have most variants later in the timeline or with future tech. They would be better if added after the time jump to the 3060's (and after adding the new weapons/equipment): EDIT: here we are.

IS "MW4" battlemechs:
  • Chimera
  • Argus
  • Fafnir
IS omnimechs:
  • Raptor
  • Men Shen
  • Templar
Clan battlemechs:
  • Conjurer/Hellhound
  • Vapor Eagle
  • Hellfire
  • Black Python
  • Bane
  • Stone Rhino
IIC battlemechs:
  • Shadow Hawk IIC
  • Rifleman IIC [a design the Clans really need right now]
  • Warhammer IIC
  • Phoenix Hawk IIC
Newer omnimechs:
  • Blood Asp [most "metamech" out there]

Edited by Odanan, 17 December 2017 - 08:52 AM.
removed several mechs recently added

#13254 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

I am not saying we skip the important ones at all, and I see there are a fair amount left, even ones that are required. I just am saying we do not need really pathetic mechs added just to keep in the era, some are worth skipping, sorry to say.

Do not take my desire for a tech/time jump as saying to skip all these mechs. I am just pointing out that many added in later TRO's that have very early manufacturer dates are not viable due to varriants fitting much better in a later date due to tech used during that TRO production.

I only said 4 mechs saying I would rather get to a tech jump rather then sit in a drought of new mechs. Even if o do not care for the new mechs I except their arrival as another checked off mech that stands between now and when I can finally rejoice in my favorite mech, no matter how long that is, I have taken a more step by step approach knowing we are heading in that direction regardless of speed we get there.

Edited by CK16, 10 May 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#13255 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

Thoughts on the Mercury?

20 ton laser boat, blah blah, I know....

BUT, it's a cool looking mech. Would LOVE to see what Alex could do with her. And could be a potential springboard for the IS to start working with omnitech.

I still want the Flea too.

MOAR 20 ton mechs! ALL THE MECHS! Posted Image

Edited by CD LoreHammer Lord, 10 May 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#13256 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 May 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

I think he specifically said omnis, Bishop.

Reasonably sure he didn't, on that context. I'd have to listen to the TH again, but I beloved people are combining two separate comments.

Doesn't mean they won't be Omni's, but I only recall him saying explicitly Omni's when discussing why it wasn't going to be a jumbo, which he had started many times before he thought to be a better basis for jumbo packs.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 May 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#13257 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

I think he said the next 2 are for sure omnimechs. A heavy and medium.

#13258 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Okay, 'nuther hypothetical.

Assumption: "Run of Mechs" means 3 or more in a row.

Fact (correct if wrong) Russ said next ClanTech chassis would be 1 medium, 1 heavy.

Unsure: Omnis guaranteed?

If they're omnis, there's only one heavy left: Linebacker (right?)

MediOmnis: Lanner seems like a slam dunk. But I want to play what-if.

What if we get a surprise? Which is the most likely medium Omni for a surprise pick, and why? Pouncer (40t) Mongrel (45t), Huntsman (50t)? Which is our leading darkhorse medium omni?

#13259 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

I think for Mediums we got Blacklanner by popular vote, but Huntsman for its utility and better design compared to the BlackLanner and other mediums.

Linebacker is given, as it is the last Omni heavy really viable, given other candidates are either to old or not even on the drawing board yet.

Noteable Omni's left after these are Turkina, Kingfisher, and Firemoth. All have issues of breaking the game or offering little. And as mentioned above, probably would benefit to be added after tech jump for better varriants and offer something more over existing mechs.

#13260 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostCK16, on 10 May 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

I think for Mediums we got Blacklanner by popular vote, but Huntsman for its utility and better design compared to the BlackLanner and other mediums.

Coyotl is probably the best medium in the Clan line up for mechs not in the game.... Ebon Jaguar level weapon mounts, Marauder / Ebon Jaguar style hit boxes, just as fast as the Black Lanner before the Black Lanner uses MASC, pod mounted JJ's and nearly double the pod space of the same sized Viper.... All she's missing is a couple of variants to become queen hill humping medium Omni-mech....

But I know she's not going to happen any time soon, so idbe happy to see the Huntsman or Pouncer as the next medium omni for Clans.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users