Inner Sphere: Cease Fire!

68 replies to this topic

#21 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for starting a thread and doing a better job in stating IraqiWalker's idea (and my agreement to his ideas).

The first step to doing this is to tell major unit leaders in all factions to stop tussling with each other in the IS and crush these clanners back.

On a good note... both the House of Lords and the QQ Mercs are here to support the IS now. :)

#22 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostSocop, on 01 January 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Davion units were hitting our border with a sudden 36+ swarm in the last 1/2 hour before the ceasefire, we had to peel whatever organized players we had off of our clan front to prevent a last minute ghost cap.

But those don't happen! Remember? :rolleyes:

#23 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

View Postluxebo, on 02 January 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

On a good note... both the House of Lords and the QQ Mercs are here to support the IS now. :)

Really? Did HoL switch so they could fight their former team mates?

#24 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostAbivard, on 01 January 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Wow, this guy is complaining that we should be defending our planets from clan attack and not attacking clan planets in one breath and the very next breath he complains that we should not be defending our planets but attacking clan planets.

Then he goes on to say because he saw no FRR defending FRR worlds( Nevermind that the FRR units are all out attacking clan worlds) they will go ghostdrop against poor little ole Liao. That should show them Clammers who is boss hunh lol

Why do so many davions struggle to find some justification for not fighting clans but instead focus on mass zerging lower pop IS houses, or if they do attack a higher pop faction, they want that faction to be fighting clans or their Steiner allies as well.

I am also wondering why they constantly trash talk the FRR, the only faction they can not actually face in combat.

You obviously misunderstood me but that's ok. We don't expect FRR blokes to be well versed in reading. Just know that when our borders are quiet, our pilots are on your clan borders helping you. We will continue to do so, regardless if members of your faction are willing to do the same or not.

#25 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

Why do so many davions struggle to find some justification for not fighting clans but instead focus on mass zerging lower pop IS houses, or if they do attack a higher pop faction, they want that faction to be fighting clans or their Steiner allies as well.

To some degree it indeed seems so. But from my experience, not all Davions are like that.

We don't expect FRR blokes to be well versed in reading.

I say it again. I apprreciate help from you Davions, but theres no need to cut all members of a faction (FRR in this case) under one knife because of some misunderstanding.

Theres hot heads with good intentions but with lava like reactions and theres quite a few to go around in all factions, just saying :ph34r:

Edited by Tordin, 03 January 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#26 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostRjBass3, on 02 January 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

You obviously misunderstood me but that's ok. We don't expect FRR blokes to be well versed in reading. Just know that when our borders are quiet, our pilots are on your clan borders helping you. We will continue to do so, regardless if members of your faction are willing to do the same or not.

I smell BS.
Borders will be quiet when the Davions step back and don't complain when Liao retakes its worlds stolen by the Rats. Once we have this we will help the honorable FRR.
Yes, Davion should place its names on planets in the periphery...not in the Capellan Confederation.

Edited by Gorgo7, 03 January 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#27 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostDavers, on 02 January 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Really? Did HoL switch so they could fight their former team mates?

I have a feeling they saw that us FRR people weren't doing too hot (considering our capital is surrounded and we even failed yesterday to reclaim a planet). (Same as QQ Mercs too, and EmP though I'm not fully familiar with em).

I wonder why all the forumwarriors on FRR side are either radical or way opposite of that. But that could be just me.

And I like how we changed the topic to arguing, shows that we just can't ever counter these Clanners. You guys are once again arguing about petty issues, stop focusing between each other, focus on the greater threat.

#28 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Let this week be a turning point.

IS will have to protect ticks on their planets from un-attached players, and simply inform anyone opposed with a unit tag of the larger goals of the IS at this time.

I have talked with several people across the IS that have agreed to defend on the clan borders as able.

Therefore, IS factions with clan attack options can make utility of them. As it should be.

Thanks to all those who are a part of the solution.

If you are attacking an IS faction that is obviously engaged at the clan border... that unit tag on the planet you inevitably take will be one for shame.

#29 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

View Postluxebo, on 03 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I have a feeling they saw that us FRR people weren't doing too hot (considering our capital is surrounded and we even failed yesterday to reclaim a planet). (Same as QQ Mercs too, and EmP though I'm not fully familiar with em).

I wonder why all the forumwarriors on FRR side are either radical or way opposite of that. But that could be just me.

And I like how we changed the topic to arguing, shows that we just can't ever counter these Clanners. You guys are once again arguing about petty issues, stop focusing between each other, focus on the greater threat.

It is just you, you should really get on track with the rest of the FRR and stop kissing our enemies rear ends.
Your constant posts about how the sky is falling and only Davion in the form of the 22nd Argyle lamers can save the FRR and the Inner Sphere is getting down right silly.

If Davion really wanted to help fight the clans but insisted on keeping Davion flag, they would not be attacking all their inner sphere neighbors.
The one and only IS house they are allied with is Steiner, Steiner is an Enemy of the FRR, Steiner is allied with Clan Wolf and works to also help CGB, which they admit and their actions show, both of which are Enemies of the FRR as well as the rest of the IS outside of the FEDRATS.

While I am at this, stop bad mouthing our Merc allies and other FRR who have worked with the FRR's interests at heart since day one.

Are you just naive and gullible or something else?

#30 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

Color me disappointed.

Davion and Steiner prevented a total victory over all attack-able CGB planets yesterday.

Need those massive groups on board, even if only for awhile. I promise. We will be happy to fight you later.

#31 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

I posted thsi before and I must do it again.

Can we not draw the line at clans at this point?

Several attempts have been made to unify IS vs clans. Is now not that time?

Stop pushing our border and the clans will pay. I promise you.

Keep fighting like dogs over senseless scraps and we will all fall.

I for one do not want my gene pool spliced into the vat baby cesspool.

My side thought is any IS house that is not supporting the clan offensive should be deemed traitors and shown no quarter.

#32 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostConreg, on 04 January 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

Color me disappointed.

Davion and Steiner prevented a total victory over all attack-able CGB planets yesterday.

Need those massive groups on board, even if only for awhile. I promise. We will be happy to fight you later.

What did they do?

#33 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 04 January 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

What did they do?

They Launched massive attacks against FRR and Kurita, while FRR and Kurita forces were heavily engage in offensive operations against 3 clan worlds, 1 wolf and 2 CGB. They also attacked marik and Liao as well.

#34 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostAbivard, on 04 January 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

They Launched massive attacks against FRR and Kurita, while FRR and Kurita forces were heavily engage in offensive operations against 3 clan worlds, 1 wolf and 2 CGB. They also attacked marik and Liao as well.

So presumably the groups had to move to defend their IS borders, which is why DC lost a planet to Smoke Jags and didn't take one? I see now that Marik and Liao both lost planets to Davion. At least Steiner and FRR both took clan worlds.

#35 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

View PostAbivard, on 03 January 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

It is just you, you should really get on track with the rest of the FRR and stop kissing our enemies rear ends.
Your constant posts about how the sky is falling and only Davion in the form of the 22nd Argyle lamers can save the FRR and the Inner Sphere is getting down right silly.

If Davion really wanted to help fight the clans but insisted on keeping Davion flag, they would not be attacking all their inner sphere neighbors.
The one and only IS house they are allied with is Steiner, Steiner is an Enemy of the FRR, Steiner is allied with Clan Wolf and works to also help CGB, which they admit and their actions show, both of which are Enemies of the FRR as well as the rest of the IS outside of the FEDRATS.

While I am at this, stop bad mouthing our Merc allies and other FRR who have worked with the FRR's interests at heart since day one.

Are you just naive and gullible or something else?

Okay. Abivard, your tirades of misinformation REALLY need to stop.

1-Right now Steiner is fighting clan wolf. Good on you to not notice that, and forget that the cease fire was until the end of the year.

2- We're not the only faction attacking the other IS factions, they are attacking us as well. Kurita took a planet from us last night (hurt twice as much for me, because it belonged to my unit) Sadalbari. The queue was locked for the entire day for that planet. So no, we weren't diverting resources that were being used elsewhere. Not when there were over 60+ attackers on that planet from Kurita's side. Even Marik is pushing to take Old Kentucky from us. So please, when you make accusations, at least make them accurate.

3- Steiner isn't helping Clan Ghost Bear, and that is flat out a lie. The MERCENARIES currently signed up with Steiner (2 corps to be exact: Mercstar, and Comstar Irregulras - the ones that betrayed the FRR-) are trying to help CGB apparently. Again: Make sure the accusations are accurate.

4- If you an get the other houses to stop attacking us, I think we can find a way to stop attacking them. Although, I personally, and many Davion and Marik pilots, would be sad about it. The Davion Marik border has been possibly the best one in the entirety of CW so far. Both factions show sportsmanship, and respect, while being extremely bloody and tenacious.

5- Don't insult other members of your house. Especially when you don't know what you're talking about either.

House of Lords switched over to fight their guys, and to punch some of the other clans around. That's why some of the other groups did it too. They're not their to help the FRR for the sake of the FRR. They couldn't care less about the FRR. At best, they thought it might be fun to slow down the invasion. Either way, them helping the FRR is more of a side effect of what they want to do, and not why they are doing it.

View PostOnmyoudo, on 04 January 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

So presumably the groups had to move to defend their IS borders, which is why DC lost a planet to Smoke Jags and didn't take one? I see now that Marik and Liao both lost planets to Davion. At least Steiner and FRR both took clan worlds.

Yeahhhh, not really. During the last 3 hours (the hot zone, crunch time, the sweet spot ... etc.) There was already action on Davion borders, namely that we were being attacked heavily (Sadalbari on the Kurita front, conflict in Tsinghai on the Marik Front). I spent those last 3 hours busy defending Davion instead of dropping on the clan borders like I intended to do. I had an HHoD 10 man with me in dropship Bravo, and there was another 12 man in the dropship alpha, and we were all in Sadalbari. Instead of taking these 22 experienced HHoD pilots to the clan border, we had to instead fight the 9th sword of light, and other groups from Kurita. Notice, we were DEFENDING, so they were already on the attack, they weren't defending Kurita assets to begin with.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 04 January 2015 - 04:13 AM.

#36 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 January 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Yeahhhh, not really. During the last 3 hours (the hot zone, crunch time, the sweet spot ... etc.) There was already action on Davion borders, namely that we were being attacked heavily (Sadalbari on the Kurita front, conflict in Tsinghai on the Marik Front). I spent those last 3 hours busy defending Davion instead of dropping on the clan borders like I intended to do. I had an HHoD 10 man with me in dropship Bravo, and there was another 12 man in the dropship alpha, and we were all in Sadalbari. Instead of taking these 22 experienced HHoD pilots to the clan border, we had to instead fight the 9th sword of light, and other groups from Kurita. Notice, we were DEFENDING, so they were already on the attack, they weren't defending Kurita assets to begin with.

Sadalbari was taken the day before (Friday), according to both the CW frontend and the fact that I was part of those drops. Tsinghai was also defended on the 2nd, not the 3rd (although I note it is now at 93% as of time of writing). I was then told yesterday (Saturday 3rd, approx 7pm EU time) that we were in a ceasefire with Davion and that all focus had to be on clan borders... so it was. All channel names were changed in the House Kurita TS to reflect this, and there was no further organised dropping on Davion borders at least until 12pm EU time, when I left, which appears to be 4pm your time. There was no change between Davion and Kurita borders last night, which are Misery and Elidere IV.

In short, we appear to be talking about different days?

#37 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

I don't know who was all on the Dav border yesterday but the Kurita border was getting pushed 60+ the last two days at crunch time. It's why we are struggling so much with Marik and Liao; the Kurita border is hotter than its been since the first couple of weeks. We were talking about it both days; Kurita had clearly abandoned the CSJ border and didn't seem to have a Bear front and was just focused on Davion, same time Marik was. I know my unit was having to make judgment calls about what we were going to lose an where we were most likely to make a difference.

Props to Kurita/Marik on that. It's been a brutal couple of days. It's not something to apologize for; it's an excellent strategy and it's clearly working. There is no need to be disingenuous about it. Kurita abandoned their clan border to dogpile Davion with Marik. It is working well so far.

#38 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

I don't know who was all on the Dav border yesterday but the Kurita border was getting pushed 60+ the last two days at crunch time. It's why we are struggling so much with Marik and Liao; the Kurita border is hotter than its been since the first couple of weeks. We were talking about it both days; Kurita had clearly abandoned the CSJ border and didn't seem to have a Bear front and was just focused on Davion, same time Marik was. I know my unit was having to make judgment calls about what we were going to lose an where we were most likely to make a difference.

Props to Kurita/Marik on that. It's been a brutal couple of days. It's not something to apologize for; it's an excellent strategy and it's clearly working. There is no need to be disingenuous about it. Kurita abandoned their clan border to dogpile Davion with Marik. It is working well so far.

Not being at all disingenuous. While I was online yesterday, nobody was dropping against Davion - we had two teams from NS and 9SD dropping on Ghost Bears. I can't say what happened after I left, but I was under the impression we - as in the whole IS - were supposed to be concentrating on kicking Clanner arse. Hence my confusion in this thread.

#39 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

NS and PC helped defend Eldiere IV only. RRB, AW and HHOD were on the attack.

The fights were Hard fought and fun for both sides.

We would prefer to fight Clans but Davion continues to assault our borders.

#40 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Like I said, I haven't seen action on the Kurita border in weeks save Kurita/CSJ. There may be units active there. However at crunch time defending against Kurita has been the fullest border for two days - more Kurita attacking than Mariks. Not that we arent probably stacking wins against Kurita all day; some units may focus on that border. It's far from one-sided though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users