171 replies to this topic

#161 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

I for one, say thanks for the chance to earn a Cataphract.

#162 Baldaeous

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Iberia, LA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

Sorry, I just saw this Monday morning at work with 1 hour left and I had 27 of 30 points needed.
I realize it was posted Friday, but why always so late to let us know.
It really makes me just want to ignore these events.
And yes, I support the game (I spent over $250 on it) so I'm not just bitching because I don't want to spend money.
I thought the event was over so played all weekend not knowing I still had a chance to reach the goal.
Still a little short on communicating with players in a timely manner.

#163 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Reached 40 points 22 minutes before the deadline... :D

#164 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

Just remembered ... 3 points needed to get the statue. Oh well, too late now :(

Edited by Appogee, 26 January 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#165 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

Its a great way to lvl up new mechs, I got my FS9-S up to Speedtweak, and my 3 KGB with Speedtweak+. One of the King Crabs is already on elite farming.

I do like this kind of tounys, and if u didn't know about it, its because ur not checking the site on weekends. We are having weekend events almost ever week....

#166 Jdude1

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

• Tournament Points - 30
  • Matches - 110
  • Wins - 60
  • Losses - 50
  • Total Kills - 78
  • Total Deaths - 106
  • Total Assists - 726
  • Matches with a kill - 43
  • Matches without a kill - 67
  • Wins Without a Kill - 30
  • Losses With a kill - 13
For everyone's information I've been playing this game casually since October and I've got 9 mechs including hunchbacks, firestarters, and thunderbolts. A few matches were won with Trial Clan mechs on CW since my merc group is now CSJ. It was a long arduous battle but I prevailed.

EDIT: I'd say I'm an average player in MWO and if you average 110 matches played to gain 30 points @ 10 minutes a match that's 18 Hours of play... To me that's a little extreme for even a 2 weekend event. People have lives and I suspect my wife would like a word with PGI.

Edited by Jdude1, 26 January 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#167 Jdude1

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 26 January 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

2. I sold my other 3D which cost around 10 million C Bills for 1.5 million stripped of parts. That's a pretty bad joke to sell back for 1/10th the price, it should at least be 50% Is this going to change?

Once you take all the equipment off of a mech (especially Engine) you've dropped a lot of value. Cataphract are currently around 5.6 mil with the current sales so subtract 3 mil off that for engines and gear and then sell for half and your probably doing good to make 1.5 mil back.

#168 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 26 January 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I got the 3D yesterday, two questions.

1. Why does the 3D C not get a mech bonus? My CN9-AH and MLX-PRIME(I) are classified as champions in the mech bay and they get a bonus.

2. I sold my other 3D which cost around 10 million C Bills for 1.5 million stripped of parts. That's a pretty bad joke to sell back for 1/10th the price, it should at least be 50% Is this going to change?

1) Champion mechs only get a XP bonus, not a c-bill bonus. The "I" with the Mist Lynx designates it as an "Invasion" variant, not a champion. They have a c-bill bonus. The CN9-AH, AS7-S and KGC-000(L) are all special reward variants with the champion designation, but have a c-bill boost, just like Heroes. Hero mechs, Founders, Phoenix and Invasion designated mechs all get the 30% boost.

2) It has always been that way... there is little reason to change it as there is no actual economy in this game. Out of my 65 mechs, I've only sold 2. One was my old CTF-3D, (After this challenge) the other was a BJ-3 I regret selling a year and a half ago. Mech bays are cheap, especially when on sale. Like Jdude1 said, the value of the mech is in the equipment, not the chassis. That's why if you're thinking of selling a mech after mastering, it's often a hard decision whether or not to dump 1.5 million on DHS.

Edited by Greenjulius, 26 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#169 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Ye.. 28 points.. (after 2 + 4 days).. ..

I really hope, one day, I can "sit down and talk" with the PGI guys, who making such foolish challange-rules.. I really want to know, what they want to reach with it.. :unsure:

I guess, originally they try to increase the numbers and playtime of the players... But, even, when the ideas and prices of the challanes are good, with the wrong point-rules, and too short event-times, etc. they miss their marks... Many player, don't even participate, because, they think/know, they can't accomplish it.. And many player, who try to complet it, change their behavior in a very bad way, because, those rules force them to do it.... (I guess, many player don't even logged-in, in this weekend, because, they don't want play with "I need a kill!" teammates..)

It is strange, because it is so easy to find a rule, which don't make such a horrible play-style. For a simle example: Instead of "Win AND Kill AND Assists = 1 point", they could use:
- Win AND Kill = 0,5 point
- Win AND Assists = 0,5 point
- Win AND Assists AND KILL = 1 point...

And EVERY player would fight, just for the TEAMWIN.. Why don't use they, such kind of rules? I don't get it...

So, at the end, it looks like, with this challanes, PGI works in the same way, as the writer of this text, in the MWO battlefield: Try very hard to hit the targets, but in many-many-many cases, just miss it..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 26 January 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#170 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Damn, I was wondering why there was some full ******-gameplay during weekend. I didn't read this announcement, so now I don't wonder anymore.

#171 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

I'm sad I only made it half way to the 3D. :(

#172 Baldaeous

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Iberia, LA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

One last question/suggestion on this extended event - is there a way that the notice could be posted sooner and in the game screeen (not have to go and check website)?

It does no good to find out that the event is extended when it's too late to take advantage of the offer.

Maybe some players (me) just start the game when they have a few minutes to play and don't always frequent the web site. Some players have jobs and other responsibilities that limit their playing time.

I will admit that this has taught me that I'll have to start checking the website on Friday afternoon, but it doesn't have to be that way.

I love this game, but I've played many games that were much more player friendly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users