157 replies to this topic

#1 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

Why do we do this? Why do we attack CW? Any reason? Do we start another civil war?

#2 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

They had it too good for too long.

#3 Chekotai Allard

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

They have earned the honor. Politely ask Wolf of the doings of a leader of CWDG (it starts with a G) and why CGB is now spanking some wolfs in response.

#4 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

There was a solid explanation thread but it got deleted.
Less entertaining explanation would be something like "they took our planet", "Gyrok is a problematic person" and "too many loudmouths within CW faction".

#5 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:02 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 24 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

There was a solid explanation thread but it got deleted.
Less entertaining explanation would be something like "they took our planet", "Gyrok is a problematic person" and "too many loudmouths within CW faction".

Finally some sense of validation.

#6 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

Thx. I thought we have some merc Units running wild...:D
I expexted Clan Wolf to lead the charge to Terra..now they are far behind.

#7 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostChekotai Allard, on 24 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

They have earned the honor. Politely ask Wolf of the doings of a leader of CWDG (it starts with a G) and why CGB is now spanking some wolfs in response.

Well then ur beef should be with CWDG, not that I dont like a good fight, CI is a great Unit to learn from and play against. G is a fool and if we could kick him out we would...he deserves a good beating. :)

Just try not to trample all of clan wolf on ur quest to annihilate G...;)

Edited by Fox Kell, 24 January 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#8 Chekotai Allard

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

Appreciate the note fox... and if we could just punish CWDG... we would. But the mechanics of the game will leave others in our wake as we exact retribution.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostChekotai Allard, on 24 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Excuse me, by "CGB" who do you exactly mean?

#10 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

If I had to guess, the reason has something to do with despite Clan Wolf being the Clan that has made the least progress in the game several of their members are quick to let anybody who happens to be around them know how they are in fact the best clan warriors around. Any performance issues that they are having on the map is just because they aren't trying, and if they ever do they'll be on top.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 24 January 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#11 Chekotai Allard

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 January 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

CGB... guess that is confusing... and possibly incorrect... but was simpler than typing out all those involved.

#12 NAZGUULL

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSc

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

They poked the bear one too many times

- edit it's not all of wolf but a unit/person in particular

Edited by NAZGUULL, 24 January 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#13 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 24 January 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

CI & MS
Gyrok felt it was a good idea to take New Sadonia and then Ferris. The Mercs did not like that the planets with their tags were being contested and Gyrok making a thread that blew up in amazing ways now have the Ire of CI & MS

Gyrok basically told the Mercs to get out.

Now.. .apparently the Merc units that play CGB while ontheir Clan weeks are giving him a good spank.

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 24 January 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Thx. I thought we have some merc Units running wild... :D
I expexted Clan Wolf to lead the charge to Terra..now they are far behind.

Well in Lore, CGB had horrible leadership until about Wave Three. Our Khans at the begining felt it would be a steam roll to Terra and brought minimal supplies, even for Clan standard.Had a lot of valuable lower caste kept in the homeworlds and then once they took a planet they left if lucky a Trinary of forces (15 Mechs) which often had trouble and CGB forces had to back track to retake those worlds that hidden mercs retook.

#14 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

So the reason for this attack is basically what? That Clan Ghostbear feels hurt by wolfs taking Wolfplanets? I mean, Ferris has been our planet from the beginning of CW and after their return from the IS to CGB some merc units took it. New Caledonia was surrounded by the Wolf corridor and belonged to us prior to the FRR mercassault. Clan Wolf did nothing but restore its attack corridor.

If you have personal issues with a member of Clan Wolf, follow the way of the clans and challenge him to a trial of grievance

#15 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

CW is already not that what they should bee from the lore. Concentrate on our target..Terra. The fights with CW Comes later....

#16 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

Not quite right Duvanor. It is the Mercs within CGB that you speak of that are the ones taking wolf planets. They are not interested in the same as the loyalist permanent contract Clan units. We continue to push forward to Terra (And Alshain) Units within Clan Wolf felt it was wise to take planets back from Merc CGB units and, well that has provoked those forces.

#17 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

You should check the date of Ferris changing from CW to CGB. Then tell me again no mercs were attacking CW right after their return back to CGB. This was the second time, we had to take it back from CGB by the way.

New Caledonia had the MS Tag with it and it was way off of CGBs corridor. I do not even know if it was conquered by actual Ghost Bear units or if MS just took it over when they changed contract from FRR to CGB. To be honest, I was not sure if we should take it from you without communication, but I participated because it was surrounded by our corridor and belonged to us before the merc invasion. Basically New Caledonia had no relevance to CGB.

Edited by Duvanor, 24 January 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#18 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

I like how you throw Gyrok under the bus only now, yet you have supported him and his buddies all through the campaign with his vitriol. You did nothing to admonish the behaviour nor have you made any token gesture of recompense to the people he has offended but let him pretty much go about his business under the banner of Clan Wolf.

I'm guessing therefore the MERCs have a point to make about this lack of foresight and duty of care, this is just a theory however.

#19 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 January 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

So the reason for this attack is basically what? That Clan Ghostbear feels hurt by wolfs taking Wolfplanets? I mean, Ferris has been our planet from the beginning of CW and after their return from the IS to CGB some merc units took it. New Caledonia was surrounded by the Wolf corridor and belonged to us prior to the FRR mercassault. Clan Wolf did nothing but restore its attack corridor.

If you have personal issues with a member of Clan Wolf, follow the way of the clans and challenge him to a trial of grievance

The reason is that if you're being a bad person, people will gang up on you and punish you. Your roleplaying has nothing to do with it, and the game doesn't support it to begin with.

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 January 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

You should check the date of Ferris changing from CW to CGB. Then tell me again no mercs were attacking CW right after their return back to CGB.

Okay. But the consistent question from me is, 'what do you want me to do about that?' I know the leaders of MercStar are well aware that CWDG is pushing to try and attack them they seem to have taken the offensive.

I will repeat again, the merc forces do not care about Terra, just territory coreward. I have no idea what the Mercs are doing, I am not their unit founder I am CGBI founder. Nor do I really try to care what it is they are doing because they are their own independent gaming communities that are doing what they feel they want to do in community warfare. Be that just take as many planets as they can, troll and cause problems or what ever their internal agendas are.

If you feel that the Merc forces are negativly effecting Clan Ghost Bear International's reputation then I pity you for not understand how PGI has their rendition of MechWarrior universe's Community Warfare works.

This is the Community having warfare in the Inner Sphere, not PGI replaying Operation Revival. I am disappointed as you, but Clan forces that follow the path of Kerensky can do nothing but continue as always and push to be the first to re-take Terra. Figure it out from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users