258 replies to this topic

#201 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Wow... there's a mode I would want quarantined like a leper colony with a one way door so no other player would be in danger of dealing with this mindset.

I see you mind was clearly blown, and you were unable to muster a coherent thought, care to take another try?

#202 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Texting from phone.

A game mode that rats you out?

Shame for anyone thinking this is a good idea.

#203 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 January 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Texting from phone.
A game mode that rats you out?
Shame for anyone thinking this is a good idea.

A death match mode, in which the goal is the utter annihilation of enemy mechs is expected, where cowardice is penalized, yes.
If you don't have the stones, there is always tag (conquest) and touch (assault).

#204 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

Sorry, I measure my man-card on real things not games. I play skirmish only under duress or for specific challenges with a reward worth having, even though it is my best winning percentage because I find death match shallow and loaded with repugnant game play.

I am glad they made both skirmish and solo queues. It cured so much by giving those players their sandbox. Too bad in the process they broke group queue.

#205 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

::::shrugs:::::
Only a matter of time. Means nothing to me.

#206 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 28 January 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

It might sound strange but I care about my k/d because that's the only stat that I can directly affect and I have a project ongoing where I wan't to get all my mechs to1.0. Most of them are but the Hawks which were my first mechs are in a big hole that I dug myself into as a rookie. This was my only Cent below 1.0 though.

Caring about KDR and not c-bills earned.

#207 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:07 AM

View Postbadaa, on 30 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

[Redacted]

That depends, if my team shuts the hell up and lets me play I am the guy in the raven 3L that manages 7 kills and a win for the team on crimson skirmish, or the guy who helps kill 4 mechs on terra therma assault and then realizes I am the last man so I go all guerilla hunting for damaged stragler to score a few more kills/damage while they cap the base...but ohnooos the cap takes to long so I get team treasoned anyway....but I got a king crab before that happened(and a nice shiny COC violation report for the rule breaker).

Your right nobody is forcing me to play, but then again I am playing by the rules I agreed to, you are clearly not.

Your stated intent to violate code of conduct and terms of service is noted and reported, bye bye

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 09:43 AM.
moderated quote

#208 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 31 January 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

That depends, if my team shuts the hell up and lets me play I am the guy in the raven 3L that manages 7 kills and a win for the team on crimson skirmish, or the guy who helps kill 4 mechs on terra therma assault and then realizes I am the last man so I go all guerilla hunting for damaged stragler to score a few more kills/damage while they cap the base...but ohnooos the cap takes to long so I get team treasoned anyway....but I got a king crab before that happened(and a nice shiny COC violation report for the rule breaker).

Your right nobody is forcing me to play, but then again I am playing by the rules I agreed to, you are clearly not.

Your stated intent to violate code of conduct and terms of service is noted and reported, bye bye

you mean it happened once and know u think ur the ultimate peek and sneak sniper

the last thing i hav to say on this is, i just got out of a match where some ******* in jenner hid for 7 minutes.

not only where we looking for him but his team was helping us. so you can go ahead and [figure I had something here that I shouldn't have]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 02 February 2015 - 04:36 PM.
Language

#209 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:05 AM

After seeing a troll like you in this topic I have no doubt any player who is a last man standing and has seen this topic will purposely run the clock out just because it's you.

#210 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:11 AM

Just let it go slep. Its cool.

He's not scared of any consequences even if the do happen to him, and would probably be the kind of guy who'd just make a new account to troll people in game no matter how many times he got banned anyway. Just report it if you see it and let people make up their own opinion of his words here. No better way to deal with it than to let the system deal with it.

#211 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 30 January 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

A death match mode, in which the goal is the utter annihilation of enemy mechs is expected, where cowardice is penalized, yes.
If you don't have the stones, there is always tag (conquest) and touch (assault).

FYI... Letting your enemies kill and wound themselves in a Death match is actually... Smart. Cowardice is a interesting word.

#212 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

View Postbadaa, on 30 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

quote terms all u want its not going to stop. u can hav all the caplock rage fits u want its not going to stop. ppl are sick of having there (WASTED)time wasted by some deluded kid who thinks if he runs around long enuff hes going win against the 7 mech left that if they had joined in the fight instead of wondering all over the map. im just guessing here but i bet ur one of those ppl who sit in the back of the map in some sniper mech who waits for his team to do all the work then tries to bat clean up. or maybe a light pilot
who only pokes out to take 1 or 2 shots then runs behind cover for the next 5 mins wash rinse repeat. what

oh and i dont see the gun to ur head forcing u to play

yea real worried about getting banned over this.

btw not only do i give up do nothing team mates, when the do nothings on the other team u know what i do?
i ask the enemy team where he is, and guess what they tell us. you know why they tell us? because there tired of
that **** as much as we are.
Fixed that for you. We are playing a game and in that we are spending/wasting time on a non essential activity. I am not a fan of of players hiding in the game, but since I am dead already, I don't have a say on how they continue to play the game.

I do give teh location of DCs as a courtesy, I also accept the same courtesy. I will not give teh location of a active hiding player and report those who give up their allies position. Treason is treason.

#213 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 31 January 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

After seeing a troll like you in this topic I have no doubt any player who is a last man standing and has seen this topic will purposely run the clock out just because it's you.

In fact I would encourage exactly that. If you desire to play by the rules whenever confronted with a situation your the last man standing go hide. I will from now on because of what I have read here. I will report every team treason that occurs.

Either PGI will stand up and enforce the rules or we will force the issue on them. 11 Pages and not one official response. Maybe we should try twitter or reddit as they don't come here anymore.

#214 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

They view these forums Mudhut, there's just no real reason for them to chime in on this thread. Support has requested that we report anyone who shutdowns down as the last man standing in Skirmish. They'll look at the drop and then look at the player's history and determine if they are violating the rules or not.

They gave themselves a nice little out in the wording of the rule..'spirit of the game'..which means they can slap you for shutting down just 1 time as the last man standing, it's Skirmish after all, the only objective is to destroy the other team. Failure to attempt to do that is quite clearly violating the 'spirit of the game'. Whether they will punish someone for it or not, we don't know, they don't report on any sanctions against players after all. I do know that a few people I've reported for that no longer log into the game or the forums, so...

Giving coords for someone who's not a DC, that's breaking the rules, don't do it. Report them, let PGI sort it out, it's their job, and they actually DO ban people regardless of how much they've spent for breaking the rules.

#215 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 31 January 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

They view these forums Mudhut, there's just no real reason for them to chime in on this thread. Support has requested that we report anyone who shutdowns down as the last man standing in Skirmish. They'll look at the drop and then look at the player's history and determine if they are violating the rules or not.

They gave themselves a nice little out in the wording of the rule..'spirit of the game'..which means they can slap you for shutting down just 1 time as the last man standing, it's Skirmish after all, the only objective is to destroy the other team. Failure to attempt to do that is quite clearly violating the 'spirit of the game'. Whether they will punish someone for it or not, we don't know, they don't report on any sanctions against players after all. I do know that a few people I've reported for that no longer log into the game or the forums, so...

Giving coords for someone who's not a DC, that's breaking the rules, don't do it. Report them, let PGI sort it out, it's their job, and they actually DO ban people regardless of how much they've spent for breaking the rules.
So trying to stay alive is... bad? Taking ONE kill away from teh enemy is that last great act of defiance. If i have fought, and given a effort in teh game I have not violated anything.

#216 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

What I don't get is the sheer amount of whining over a couple of minutes. It's not like you got your car stolen, your dog died etc. As I said before, abuse and harassment are very strong words and someone who uses them in this context can only be someone who has never experienced real abuse or harassment.

I have no idea what the average age is in this game but it's my experience from other games that those words are often used by the younger crowd who has been taught that they can shout harassment as soon as they can't have their way.

I was in Tourmaline once as the last man standing. The other team had two fatties and a medium left. I was darting in and out of cover running around the map and taking potshots in my 3L. One guy on my team couldn't stop nagging.

"Just let them kill you so we can play another"

"Die already"

"You are holding us up"

I told him that, sorry, you had your chance I am alive you are dead and I want to play it till the end. Now you will have to wait or launch another mech,

The response?

"Who are you to dictate how I play the game?"

I almost bashed my monitor in.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 31 January 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#217 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 31 January 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

out of cover running around the map and taking potshots in my 3L. One guy on my team couldn't stop nagging.

"Just let them kill you so we can play another"

"Die already"

"You are holding us up"

I told him that, sorry, you had your chance I am alive you are dead and I want to play it till the end. Now you will have to wait or launch another mech,

The response?

"Who are you to dictate how I play the game?"

I almost bashed my monitor in.
The fun I get is that these players are normally the ones with the least damage done/least kills in game. Vindication comes when their contribution is lower than mine or the last guy standing. :D

#218 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

^ yeah, just ignore those guys. I usually challenge them to a 1v1 private match duel, because they are so vocal about their skills. I even offer to run a lower weight class. They never take me up on the challenge.

I wonder why...

#219 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 31 January 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

By reporting someone and standing around whining, demanding that he'll prop his mangled mech up for you to execute instead of searching you are not attempting to destroy all enemy mechs.

#220 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 31 January 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

By reporting someone and standing around whining, demanding that he'll prop his mangled mech up for you to execute instead of searching you are not attempting to destroy all enemy mechs.

And by shutting down and hiding when you are the last Mech standing in Skirmish, YOU are not attempting to to destroy all enemy Mechs either.

And that Catra is the point. You can keep telling us about how in OTHER drops you actually attempted to take out the enemy as the last Mech standing, but that's not relevent to the discussion at hand. YOU started this thread about how you shut down as the last Mech standing in Skirmish, remember? It wasn't about you trying to kill other Mechs, it was about you shutting down and saving your KDR.

Again, Support has said to report people who do this in Skirmish, they'll look into it and decide if action is required or not. PGI even put wording into the rule, 'spirit of the game', that covers this. Shutting down and hiding in Skirmish as the last Mech standing is not in the 'spirit of the game'. PGI's rules, PGI gets to make the call on each reported incident.

I've been the last Mech standing in Skirmish, I've both won the drop by taking out the remaining enemy Mechs and been destroyed, but I've never shutdown and hid or tried to stay alive until the clock runs out, since those actions do NOTHING to help win the drop when it's Skirmish, and that means not playing in the 'spirit of the game'. I'm also obviously far from alone on that view point, as even many of the people who support your right to play as you want within the current rules(including me) don't agree with your choice, and that should tell you something. I would have asked what you were doing, and if you didn't indicate you were going to try and pull and ambush, or simply sat there until time ran out, I'd report you. I wouldn't give your coords out, I wouldn't harass you, I'd simply report you after the drop was done, exactly as Support has requested we do.

Oh, and please, take your 'you don't know what real harassment is' and...yeah. I've been harassed in real life plenty of times, even been stopped by cops based soley on my appearance. Harassment isn't JUST the Man coming down on you Catra, that's a kid's point of view. I think I got an idea of what harassment is, I've experienced it plenty, all my life, and you don't get to tell me what it is or isn't because YOU don't like being called out for doing it in a video game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users