• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

View Post627, on 28 January 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

the question is, why did you do that? Why not fight to the end? It's just a game, you know?

Because the last time i did it i won the game...

My tdk gets legged... 1 remaining opfor... he didnt want to find me and he just quits the game...

I power on and farms the hell out of him...

#182 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostMycrus, on 30 January 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

Because the last time i did it i won the game...

My tdk gets legged... 1 remaining opfor... he didnt want to find me and he just quits the game...

I power on and farms the hell out of him...

But that was sneaky and underhanded and sounded like the most awesome thing. PsyOps for the win!

#183 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

when ppl do that i dont see reporting them just tell the other team where there hiding

#184 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

View Postbadaa, on 30 January 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

when ppl do that i dont see reporting them just tell the other team where there hiding

Then i will reportyou

#185 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

Like everything today the rules only apply to some. You can watch NGNG vids where they team treason and nothing happens to them.

Its not who you know but who you..........

So I can see why so many think they are above the law here on this thread.

#186 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostZergling, on 30 January 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

I've submitted support tickets about this issue before, and GMs have confirmed it is against the rules.

You are free to do the same, if you need further confirmation.

I'd be interested to see what the description was in those tickets you entered and the responses from PGI. Something about this is highly suspect, especially considering that information from one side of the table usually tends to lack certain details.

Again, without any substantial citations, you guys are trying to strong arm your opinions into fact, speaking for the developers beyond the scope of things they have stated publicly.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not allowed. A lot of people don't like LRMs as well. I guess we should ban those because they must clearly be against the rules, too.

Edited by Dino Might, 30 January 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#187 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

That's a violation of the terms of service code of conduct its called team treason and you will get reported and banned for it as you deserve

#188 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostDino Might, on 30 January 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I'd be interested to see what the description was in those tickets you entered and the responses from PGI. Something about this is highly suspect, especially considering that information from one side of the table usually tends to lack certain details.

Again, without any substantial citations, you guys are trying to strong arm your opinions into fact, speaking for the developers beyond the scope of things they have stated publicly.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not allowed. A lot of people don't like LRMs as well. I guess we should ban those because they must clearly be against the rules, too.

Yes choice of words can cast the same situation in entirely different lights. It might also be that if the person reported got warned or banned he/she did something beyond merely powering down hiding after participating. We just don't know.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 30 January 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#189 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 30 January 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

That's a violation of the terms of service code of conduct its called team treason and you will get reported and banned for it as you deserve

I've mentioned that several times in matches and had pretty much everyone laugh, or make snarky comments. However, it is against ToS to report the location of a teammate to the enemy.

And, I just have to say, after reading through 10 pages of Catra Lanis telling everyone that it's not artificial inflation of K/DR to power down...you just keep thinking that, Catra. 10 pages of comments, rebuttals, and answers, yet you cling to the thought that what you are doing is perfectly acceptable and within the rules. While it may be allowed with the rules we have been given, you haven't explained to anyone the reasoning behind what you are doing - you mentioned early on that there's some sort of "project" going but didn't give one little detail about it. I find that curious. No, you don't have to explain a thing to me, or anyone here, but it only makes your argument and explanation that much weaker.

All that said, I'm with a couple others here -- if I'm on the battlefield, and you are on my team, and you power down, I *will* report you and let PGI sort it all out. Sooner or later, your "...I've only done this 7 out of 300 times..." will catch up with you and you will become something more than a nuisance instead of just a one-time offender. I've never been warned on reporting too often, and I have received responses from PGI on the reports that I have submitted. Yes, this is only a game, but each time you hit Launch you have pretty much agreed to enter and FULLY participate in the battle, to the best of your ability. That ability includes firing until you can't fire any more, and spotting or calling out targets so the remaining teammates can fire.

#190 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostStormyblade, on 30 January 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

I've mentioned that several times in matches and had pretty much everyone laugh, or make snarky comments. However, it is against ToS to report the location of a teammate to the enemy.

And, I just have to say, after reading through 10 pages of Catra Lanis telling everyone that it's not artificial inflation of K/DR to power down...you just keep thinking that, Catra. 10 pages of comments, rebuttals, and answers, yet you cling to the thought that what you are doing is perfectly acceptable and within the rules. While it may be allowed with the rules we have been given, you haven't explained to anyone the reasoning behind what you are doing - you mentioned early on that there's some sort of "project" going but didn't give one little detail about it. I find that curious. No, you don't have to explain a thing to me, or anyone here, but it only makes your argument and explanation that much weaker.

All that said, I'm with a couple others here -- if I'm on the battlefield, and you are on my team, and you power down, I *will* report you and let PGI sort it all out. Sooner or later, your "...I've only done this 7 out of 300 times..." will catch up with you and you will become something more than a nuisance instead of just a one-time offender. I've never been warned on reporting too often, and I have received responses from PGI on the reports that I have submitted. Yes, this is only a game, but each time you hit Launch you have pretty much agreed to enter and FULLY participate in the battle, to the best of your ability. That ability includes firing until you can't fire any more, and spotting or calling out targets so the remaining teammates can fire.

I stated what the project was. Until the rules are changed I will play as I see fit within those. Oh and it's 7 out of 3000 not 300.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 30 January 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#191 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostStormyblade, on 30 January 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

As what he is doing is not ruled out by the rules, he is not obligated to explain his reasons for doing them to you me or anyone else. And if there isn't a rule specifying wrongdoing what exact offense has he committed?

And that also goes for every dead player. They hit launch for a 15 minute long match. That it might end prior to that is not the point they have launched into a 15 minute match, That they/I died 5 Minutes in does not make it our right to demand someone to play by Our personal rules. You don't like his approach. We got it. Make your complaint, and go hit launch again.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 30 January 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#192 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 January 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

Then they need to get their house in order. I've been told the precise opposite.

As have I. They have also posted clearly on the forums saying that it is not against the CoC, provided you have engaged at some point during the game.

No harm in reporting people for it (other than clogging up the support queue), though, because they're not going to do anything about it since it isn't against the CoC.

#193 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

I have been told a number of things by a number of different people. If it isn't in writing, it isn't anything.

From the CoC article mentioned, the following is considered a violation:
  • Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.
What the OP has done is not a violation. It is not persistent [key word] non-participation; therefore, it is not a violation of the CoC article in question.

People are trying to argue two different things. The OP asked, "is this allowed?" Answer: Yes.
Should he do it? That's opinion, and much like eyeballs, most of us have a couple of them. If you want to argue whether he should, your reasons should not be based on a false ruleset.

Edited by Dino Might, 30 January 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#194 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

That is called "Team Treason" and IS against the CoC.

View PostRoadkill, on 30 January 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

As have I. They have also posted clearly on the forums saying that it is not against the CoC, provided you have engaged at some point during the game.

No harm in reporting people for it (other than clogging up the support queue), though, because they're not going to do anything about it since it isn't against the CoC.

Exactly.

Here's a quick tip for you non-partcipation reporters: If at the end of the match, they did zero damage AND are not Disco, you might... MIGHT have a chance of getting them in trouble. Of course, PGI can go back, look at all the activity of the other person, and make a determination for themselves.

But if they have a single point of damage there they did, do NOT waste support's time. You have no case.

#195 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

Regardless if you are dead or alive, but have no desire, to watch, or help complete one of 2 possible Mission Objectives, aka Kill all Enemy Mechs, then hit that nice new shiny "EJECT" button and allow those that do wish to do so, to carry on without your obvious "wit and humor" aka "spewed vitriol", as they do so. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 30 January 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#196 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

almond brown
You do realize that eject only works in CW matches, since have 4 mechs and are not forced to stay in a non combat effective mech, and of course your not required to suicide for other players.

Edited by Slepnir, 30 January 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#197 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Hey badaa

Yes you are having your mech "locked up" for up to the full 15 minutes
BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE TERMS YOU AGEED TO BY PLAYING THIS GAME.

If you cannot handle that simple concept, UN-INSTALL AND GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME. so PGI doesn't have to waste the time facilitating you're opportunity to go elsewhere.

You dont get to #&$¡ other players game because your an impatient child.

#198 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Seems like this could be resolved by replacing Skirmish with Deathmatch, and in Deathmatch, after 5 minutes, every 30 seconds that elapses that you do not deal damage to the enemy you position is exposed on the mini map for 30 seconds.

#199 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View Postbadaa, on 30 January 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

[Redacted]

You've made your intent clear to violate PGIs rules. Enjoy your brief stay with us cause you're gonna get banned before any of those who have rankled your illusions of entitlement.

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 09:42 AM.
moderated quote

#200 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 30 January 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Seems like this could be resolved by replacing Skirmish with Deathmatch, and in Deathmatch, after 5 minutes, every 30 seconds that elapses that you do not deal damage to the enemy you position is exposed on the mini map for 30 seconds.

Wow... there's a mode I would want quarantined like a leper colony with a one way door so no other player would be in danger of dealing with this mindset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users