Why Are We Attacking Steiner Again?

135 replies to this topic

#121 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostValar13, on 10 February 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

And I did ignore the flamebait, and responded to the rest.

Never before has anyone been so close, and yet so far away, simultaneously.

#122 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

View Posthopterque, on 10 February 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Never before has anyone been so close, and yet so far away, simultaneously.

I know what you mean, new friend. But the miles between us are merely a number.

As I said though, goodnight! :lol:

#123 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostSocop, on 10 February 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

EDIT: These forums are very estranged from the actual game itself and people's personalities 'in person' and it'd be a mistake to take what you see here as reality.

I'm aware of that. And I'm certainly not asking NKVA to drop the personae. This forum would be a lot more boring without them. Merely doing something I frequently do and asking people to remain cognizant of the line between good-natured ribbing and actively trying to demoralize fully half of your opponents.

#124 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostLiam Salem, on 10 February 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

You know, I'd have a lot more sympathy for the groups if they actually included solo players like myself. I feel ZERO sympathy for pug groups screwing up the border. And yes, I tried to get into a few groups. Posted up a thing of 'hey! add me so we can drop together.'

Got a whole lot of nothing. Hence why i broke my contract with Davion and went clan wolf. Go pugs go! Screw following the stupid storyline. It's not like PGI is capable of making mechs true to their Lore anyways. Why waste your time following it. I used a period there to indicate the question was rhetorical btw.

Please keep in mind that 90% of players don't read the forums. The best way to join a group is to download TS, look up whatever 'faction hub' you want to join (they are listed in every faction's forum) and ask to join a group directly. You don't need to have a mic or actually join the unit in most cases. Everyone would rather have more players on comms than not. Good luck with whatever faction you join.

#125 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 10 February 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

So... there is drama even outside the Clans? Now that is a surprise...

Guys, please, take what I say and make your plans accordingly. There are mercs switching factions as they see fit, making a name for themselves. CGB has it with MS, Kurita and FRR enjoyed a fair share of this in the past too. You can't prevent it, you can't do anything about it, it will happen. It is something that will always be there.

Now that this is set up, diplomacy should take this into account. Don't make relations with other factions without thinking through all the "what ifs". All relations should take into account cases when one group switches factions and easily conquers a world under NAP. There is also possibility of certain folks leaving for other faction, intentionally hurting their original motherland because drama and stuff. This is why you need to create your relations based on relative positions of both sides, not absolute line like "you conquer this planet and it is a war".

Learn from how CGB ended. We were originally the strongest, and without having a say in the matter we ended up fighting wars that we technically had nothing to do with. Plus, most of our active playerbase went to IS or Mercs because Clan Mechs are boring and so on. We made two mistakes (expectation of absolute ceasefire among Clans, ignoring shifting playerbase) and we failed miserably, paying for it by gaining status of the weakest Clan right now.

Don't make our mistakes. Learn and adapt!

It's nice to see you out of the Clan forums. Aren't you afraid of another 'We didn't start it, you started it!' thread erupting in your absence? :P

#126 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostDavers, on 10 February 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

It's nice to see you out of the Clan forums. Aren't you afraid of another 'We didn't start it, you started it!' thread erupting in your absence? :P

I am a lurker, I am everywhere! I just try not to piss on every corner I pass by.
To your point, forum zellbrigens are plummeting right now, no idea why. I guess we need more honey to fuel our anger :-(

#127 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 10 February 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

So... there is drama even outside the Clans? Now that is a surprise...

Guys, please, take what I say and make your plans accordingly. There are mercs switching factions as they see fit, making a name for themselves. CGB has it with MS, Kurita and FRR enjoyed a fair share of this in the past too. You can't prevent it, you can't do anything about it, it will happen. It is something that will always be there.

Now that this is set up, diplomacy should take this into account. Don't make relations with other factions without thinking through all the "what ifs". All relations should take into account cases when one group switches factions and easily conquers a world under NAP. There is also possibility of certain folks leaving for other faction, intentionally hurting their original motherland because drama and stuff. This is why you need to create your relations based on relative positions of both sides, not absolute line like "you conquer this planet and it is a war".

Learn from how CGB ended. We were originally the strongest, and without having a say in the matter we ended up fighting wars that we technically had nothing to do with. Plus, most of our active playerbase went to IS or Mercs because Clan Mechs are boring and so on. We made two mistakes (expectation of absolute ceasefire among Clans, ignoring shifting playerbase) and we failed miserably, paying for it by gaining status of the weakest Clan right now.

Don't make our mistakes. Learn and adapt!

Here in the lands of mortal kombat dragon and purple bird of freedom, we lack the popularity to draw mercs, and have had to learn to fight on our own.

I believe we have merc coverage for another 11 days, but none of the regulars even noticed they came to camp out with us.

#128 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostValar13, on 02 February 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

**** it, people. I'm tired of this coming up. Please stop.

Valar13, what happened, you were the most vocal against Davions attacking Steiner and you jumped ship, was it too much stress staying loyal?

#129 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostSplinterdBrain, on 13 February 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Valar13, what happened, you were the most vocal against Davions attacking Steiner and you jumped ship, was it too much stress staying loyal?

TBH I can't plaster too much blame on him, some of the decisions from Command have been..... questionable. Plus the population of Units hitting CW from Davion has plummeted for whatever reason. I have been playing solo (GMT timezone) most of the time as there seems to be a distinct lack of coordination for EU timezone Davs.

#130 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 13 February 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

TBH I can't plaster too much blame on him, some of the decisions from Command have been..... questionable. Plus the population of Units hitting CW from Davion has plummeted for whatever reason. I have been playing solo (GMT timezone) most of the time as there seems to be a distinct lack of coordination for EU timezone Davs.

Questionable? How so?

#131 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostIDG, on 17 February 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Questionable? How so?

Water under the bridge, viewed from my position of limited information.

#132 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

View PostValar13, on 02 February 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

I'm starting to get sick of my faction myself.

Oh Fairweather Friend Valar, we hardly miss ye...

View PostSplinterdBrain, on 13 February 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Dude got whiney when the House didnt go the way HE thought it should go. Took him three times saying he was taking his ball and going home before he actually left finally. Dont need those "but my idea is BETTER GAIS" people in Dav. Good tiddance to bad rubbish.

#133 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

Stoned Prophet... you do realize that you are in CGB?

In a way Valar is more loyal than you are.

#134 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

It's some davion still accidentally posting on his alt account after dropping on luthien, I guess.

#135 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Only CSJ should have been able to do so...you should be a testimony for this - didn´t you fight for Luthien, hop? :huh:

Edited by Ductus Hase, 23 February 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#136 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 February 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

I get the importance of numbers and the value of it and I'm game with it. Attack/counter should alternate however.

Also get the mother ******* pugs off the clan border. It's a broken mechanic and it teaches the pugs to hate cw since you are forcing them to play the worst possible experience in the game.

It would be like telling people the need to run their trial matches for cadet bonus by pugging in the group queue with an 1800 Elo. Why not just punch everyone who wants to try out cw in the face - it would be a more honest approach to the experience you are encouraging them to have.

The clan border is one of the biggest issues with getting people into cw. Horrible experience for everyone involved, save clan units being fed pug hordes.

I'd like to say it's like teaching people to play basketball by throwing them in a wheelchair and going one-on-one against Michael Jordan. Wheeeeeee....fun....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users