Which Clan Would You Prefer To Be Your Ruler?

122 replies to this topic

#101 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 February 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

So the genetically engineered super-soldiers with uber tech, giants, warships and being the brain child of Kerensky doesn't count? The Clans were a Sue-gasm. They had to be constantly deus ex machina because they were so Sue even the writers and developers later admitted it was over the top.

Have...have you read any falcon novels? Dude, they're icarus. They embrace the crazy, the crazy gets them places, and then they fly too high and burn their wings off.

Ain't no mary sue what tragedy becomes.

#102 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 22 February 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

Have...have you read any falcon novels? Dude, they're icarus. They embrace the crazy, the crazy gets them places, and then they fly too high and burn their wings off.

Ain't no mary sue what tragedy becomes.

The Falcons only failed because the authors sued the wolfes even more - an VSD even more

If the Main authors would have been fans of parrots Kell would have been captured by them and Kerensky would have been a falcon bloodname

#103 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

The Terran Hegemony.

#104 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 February 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

Clan Tyrian Eagle, where we frown upon eugenics and you're free to make babies with anyone you like! Now with no castes and bonus non-fascist democratic leadership!

You mean this purple mess that civil wars every 10-20 years.. no thanks :P
Posted Image

#105 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

Order of clans that I'd like to see running things.

In theory of course...

Wolverine - they were the only legit clan, Nick ****** everything up. I hate Michigan and XMen, so don't get any ideas, either.

Nova Cat - they eventually realized how ******* stupid the other clans were, and weren't afraid to call that out. Cost them their existence eventually, but still. Balls.

Goliath Scorpion... excellent pilots, they take drugs and go on quests... I respect that more than these fanatical crusader clans.

Mongoose - those guys were hilarious, I mean really. Same as Ice Hellions.

Blood Spirit - nothing says "idgaf" like the Spirits.

PS - I find it disappointing that the only 4 clans we have to choose from in MWO are either completely ******** (Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear), complete fanatical weaboos (Jade Falcon), or pretentious douches (Wolf).

Edited by Soy, 28 February 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#106 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostSoy, on 28 February 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

In theory of course...

Wolverine - they were the only legit clan, Nick ****** everything up. I hate Michigan and XMen, so don't get any ideas, either.

Nova Cat - they eventually realized how ******* stupid the other clans were, and weren't afraid to call that out. Cost them their existence eventually, but still. Balls.

Goliath Scorpion... excellent pilots, they take drugs and go on quests... I respect that more than these fanatical crusader clans.

PS - I find it disappointing that the only 4 clans we have to choose from in MWO are either completely ******** (Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear), complete fanatical weaboos (Jade Falcon), or pretentious douches (Wolf).

It's cool, we're already so far in to the invasion we may as well just enact the mongol doctrine.

#107 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 28 February 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

It's cool, we're already so far in to the invasion we may as well just enact the mongol doctrine.

It'd be nice if Nova Cats and Steel Derps also invaded... maybe say, a bit after Clan Wave 3 is live in game... I'd be content with that. Then again, that doesn't really serve an actual function that would translate well to the game, as far as I can tell. =/

#108 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

View Postreign, on 26 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

You mean this purple mess that civil wars every 10-20 years.. no thanks :P
Posted Image

What about a house that trys to use a clan to solve that purple mess

Posted Image

#109 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

View PostSoy, on 28 February 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

In theory of course...

Wolverine is cool cause they told Nicolas straight in his face that he can F himself and then they walked out of the grand council and then their Khan is like "get my ship i got to get the hell out of here".....(arrives in IS space) "huuuhh hi we are the Minnesota tribe"

#110 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostCzarr, on 02 March 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

Wolverine is cool cause they told Nicolas straight in his face that he can F himself and then they walked out of the grand council and then their Khan is like "get my ship i got to get the hell out of here".....(arrives in IS space) "huuuhh hi we are the Minnesota tribe"

Then turned into the word of blake and nuked everyone.. but I digress.

We should vote for Hellshorses.. not afraid to make transformable mechs... mmmmm.. quadvee's...

#111 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

View Postreign, on 03 March 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

We should vote for Hellshorses.. not afraid to make transformable mechs... mmmmm.. quadvee's...

Actually there was no proof they turned into the Word of Blake. Uncle Chandy(sp?) from the Draconis Combine "leaked" some documents to the Ghost Bears during the Jihad that said they were. This of course caused the Ghost Bears to join the fight against the Wobbies. However after the battle the Ghost Bears started genetic testing everything they could find and found *0* DNA evidence that anybody from the Wolverine Blood Lines were there.

In other words the entire thing looks like... "Oh yeah, you guys have a group you hate and will rage at the idea if they are around... yeah.. yeah.. these guys we hate and are fighting are TOTALLY part of that group.. yeah.. that's the ticket. Say you're going to fight for us now? That's great! I TOTS didn't expect that.. hehehehe...."

Word of Blake cabal[edit]

During the Word of Blake Jihad, Chandrasekhar Kurita would supposedly uncover a series of unconfirmed documents of questionable provenance that apparently revealed the fate of the Wolverines. Indicating the survivors who fled Clan-space indeed reached the Inner Sphere as the so-called "Minnesota Tribe", the document claims that ComStar, rather than losing the trail met and offered the Wolverines refuge. Upon reaching Terra and settling on Mars, while many of the Wolverines were content to merely rest, scientist and leader of the exiled Clan's civilian population Peter Marillier forged a plan that would transform the Wolverines into a secret faction within ComStar The so-called Blood that would first aid then co-opt the organization from within, directing it to ultimate dominion over both the Inner Sphere and Clans.[9]

Despite a lack of any solid proof and large question marks as to its providence, Chandrasekhar Kurita and Devlin Stone would pass this document to Clan Ghost Bear in 3074, taking the Bears by complete surprise. While previously staying aloof from the maelstrom of the Jihad, the apparent revelation that their most sworn enemy were the driving force behind the Word of Blake prompted them to plunge full-force into the conflict. Despite Ghost Bear scientists genetically testing the remains of every Blakist defeated to try and authenticate the report, no conclusive evidence was ever found linking the Word of Blake to Clan Wolverine. [10]

Edited by Alexander Steel, 03 March 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#112 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

where does every house and clan buy their new shiny equipment? who provides transportation to houses, clans and mercenaries for a premium cost? who trades information that changes the course of war for every faction? if you said diamond shark, then your todays winner of which clan actually controls the ebb and flow of the entire battletech universe.

#113 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

Depends on the Time line. In 3050-3057 Diamond shark wasn't transporting IS units around.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 04 March 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#114 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

I think we can all agree against the clans and the golden zerg,

#115 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

A mixed unit of FRR captured an intact Timberwolf, today. We should have more information posted in the next day, or two. :ph34r:

#116 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 17 February 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

The Clan that treats its freebirths with the same regard as its trueborns.

So Clan Star Adders then?

We would love to be your rulers....we have a large military (thanks to absorption of Burrock) abd we treat all members of our Caste system with the same respect as our Pilots. each is necessary to allow the rest to succeed.

So PGI gimme my CSA!

Posted Image

#117 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

The "Way" for all of humanity is with Cloud Cobra.

#118 Grauluchs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:49 AM

View Postreign, on 03 March 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

Propaganda spread by some Kurita fat ass to manipulate the Gummybears into war

#119 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

It doesn't matter which clan you clans prefer to be IllKlan, it is going to be Smoke Jaguar or Jade Falcon for sure.
Wolf and Bear have no chance. Just look at the Galactic Map and its obvious.

#120 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

It doesn't matter which clan you clans prefer to be IllKlan, it is going to be Smoke Jaguar or Jade Falcon for sure.
Wolf and Bear have no chance. Just look at the Galactic Map and its obvious.

Did you actually look at the 'Galactic Map' you reference?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users