Which Clan Would You Prefer To Be Your Ruler?

122 replies to this topic

#81 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Whichever Cran wins at the finals.

#82 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

Probably clan diamond shark because they are the most democratic and capitalist of all of the clans, actually they are one of the few democracies in Battletech compared to all the authortarian regimes in BT

#83 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

I think I'd prefer clan mortal combat.

#84 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 17 February 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Malvina Hazen is a Jade Falcon witch who should be hunted down!!! Her fear tactics are barbaric and genocidal in nature. She uses her force to wipe away cities filled with civilians just to have something to do.

I have other choice words for that character that would not be fitting of any forum.

I say she is fitting to put the Inner Sphere under the iron talon of the Falcon. I would also take Hazen over that lunatic Davion prince, Caleb. Heck, with the exception of Danai Centrella Liao, most of the leaders of the Inner Sphere are off their rocker at this age.

Posted Image

Her mech, the Black Rose.
Posted Image

Jade Hawk, whose development she pushed during her reign.

Gyrfalcons, an important component of the future Jade Falcon forces.
Posted Image

To those who wonder why Jade Falcon mechs look like that in 3134 to 3145, this comes with the Clans adopting the concept of the Totem Mechs. The Totem Battlemechs are made to look and remind the warriors of their Clan's totem animal, like the Ghost Bear or the Jade Falcon, to capture and instill the warrior spirit of the totem animal.

The wings in the mechs also serve a functional purpose; they are massive heatsinks that gives a huge boost in energy weapons. The talons in the mechs are meant for DFA (Death from Above) attacks, an increasing forte of Jade Falcon warriors.

Too bad, this all takes place 80 years in the future. But no better time to prepare for the coming Golden Age of the Jade Falcon (Dark Age for your Spheroids).

Edited by Anjian, 20 February 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#85 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:52 AM

Somehow putting tiny talons on a mech's foot doesn't strike me as something which will noticeably increase the damage taken by having a giant metal robot land on your head. :)

#86 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostAnjian, on 20 February 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

I say she is fitting to put the Inner Sphere under the iron talon of the Falcon. I would also take Hazen over that lunatic Davion prince, Caleb. Heck, with the exception of Danai Centrella Liao, most of the leaders of the Inner Sphere are off their rocker at this age.

Posted Image

Her mech, the Black Rose.
Posted Image

Jade Hawk, whose development she pushed during her reign.

Gyrfalcons, an important component of the future Jade Falcon forces.
Posted Image

To those who wonder why Jade Falcon mechs look like that in 3134 to 3145, this comes with the Clans adopting the concept of the Totem Mechs. The Totem Battlemechs are made to look and remind the warriors of their Clan's totem animal, like the Ghost Bear or the Jade Falcon, to capture and instill the warrior spirit of the totem animal.

The wings in the mechs also serve a functional purpose; they are massive heatsinks that gives a huge boost in energy weapons. The talons in the mechs are meant for DFA (Death from Above) attacks, an increasing forte of Jade Falcon warriors.

Too bad, this all takes place 80 years in the future. But no better time to prepare for the coming Golden Age of the Jade Falcon (Dark Age for your Spheroids).

I actually prefer her sibko brother, Aleksandr Hazen. He felt like a true clanner and someone who I even I could say I would follow.

No kidding on the rulers during the Dark Age, luckily for the Davions that Caleb didn't last long.

#87 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 16 February 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

It's gonna happen anyway.

Your mothers a freebirther!

#88 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

Clan testicle...wait a minute! They have none!
Sorry, I change my vote to the Bloods...

#89 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

I would have chosen Clan Narwhal except the Ghost Bears tried to wipe them out over Shish Kebab and a Narwhal propaganda video depicting Narwhals knocking out Bears.

#90 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 20 February 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

Somehow putting tiny talons on a mech's foot doesn't strike me as something which will noticeably increase the damage taken by having a giant metal robot land on your head. :)

They also use those foot talons to rip your mech's guts out.

Jade Hawk
Posted Image

Edited by Anjian, 21 February 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#91 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

Never heard of that mech.

Battletech stopped existing in 3049. Everything after that was a bad joke told to make fun of BT neckbeards. Battletech Dark Ages was the point at which that bad joke jumped the shark.

#92 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:42 AM

I vote for "Clan Less Inc@st."

What do you mean with "that is not an option"???

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 February 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

Battletech stopped existing in 3049. Everything after that was a bad joke told to make fun of BT neckbeards. Battletech Dark Ages was the point at which that bad joke jumped the shark.

Wait, isn´t the "the new edition ruined everything forever" line the exact definition of neckbeard-ed-ness?

Edited by Molossian Dog, 21 February 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#93 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

Just because you think Star Trek ended in the first season of the original series does not mean Star Trek stopped at that junction. Face it. Dark Ages is canon, Battletech creator Jordan Weisman created it and tended over it.

#94 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

Caleb is dead.

http://www.sarna.net...i/Julian_Davion

Julian and the Guards stayed within Republic space long after the walls came up fighting to protect the worlds that they once controlled. Eventually, the Federated Suns military sent them to help defend Tharkad against the attacks by both Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf. Once the news of Caleb's death and the Privy Council electing him as the new First Prince reached him, he reluctantly took the crown of the Federation for himself.[1]

This guy is in charge of the Federated Suns.

Posted Image

Messed up fact... Caleb was obsessed with Danai, and eventually ended up ****** her.
:wacko:

Other messed up fact...

Danai Liao-Centrella (born 6th June, 3108[1]) was the daughter of Daoshen Liao and his sister Ilsa Centrella. This information was kept from her until she was in her late twenties. Until that time, she believed she was the third child of Sun-Tzu Liao and Naomi Centrella.

Another case of Catalysts weird thing for ******.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 21 February 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#95 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

Because 80 year old mechwarriors dealing the duty, and the revolving door of mary-sue plot armor was a great thing, right?

BT has moved on. 3100s look to be pretty damn fun.

Get over it.

#96 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

First - it anyone couldn't see the sarcasm in the prior post you need to internet more.

Second - The Clans were the most merry of Mary Sues who ever Sued, until Twilight was written.

Third - Battletech Dark Ages is still a better love story than Twilight.

#97 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 February 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Second - The Clans were the most merry of Mary Sues who ever Sued, until Twilight was written.

Hi, I've actually read battletech. If you think Clan Perennially-Gets-******-Over is a mary sue, you're uh... lacking in literary knowledge.

/We're going to get ****** over in the 3100s, too. The Falcons will always doom themselves, but it's a hell of a ride to watch the crazy.

#98 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hmm, I expected this to dissolve into a discussion about how "kinky" it would be to be a female clanner's "Bondsman", considering they treat intimacy as no more significant than sharing lunch with someone.

Oh well :3

Edited by Techorse, 22 February 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#99 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 22 February 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hi, I've actually read battletech. If you think Clan Perennially-Gets-******-Over is a mary sue, you're uh... lacking in literary knowledge.

/We're going to get ****** over in the 3100s, too. The Falcons will always doom themselves, but it's a hell of a ride to watch the crazy.

So the genetically engineered super-soldiers with uber tech, giants, warships and being the brain child of Kerensky doesn't count? The Clans were a Sue-gasm. They had to be constantly deus ex machina because they were so Sue even the writers and developers later admitted it was over the top.

#100 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

I side with Stratago on Clan Wolverine but not just because it would piss off the clans. Clan wolverine is the only clan that believed in returning to its roots as Deffenders of the Innersphere and not concerors. (also, SO NOT WoB! as the Jihadists exsited actually before clan wolverine and hunted down clan wolverine, though unsuccessfully.) this is accaurding to indepth research I have down but should NOT be seen as fact, as this is just a GAME!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users